Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moments Of The Nocturnal Forum

Options
  • 09-11-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭

Nerin wrote: »
    forum for random chat of the sleep deprived or those who lead a nocturnal life.
    could include cures for insomnia,what to do when everyone else is cosy in bed-films,music,games,shops that open late, etc.
    can we have it pretty please?
    First Proposal for the forum.
    SDooM wrote: »
    Ok, well basically I guess it could be described as a forum for all those people who, due to insomnia or work or whatever, don't always live life to the rythym other people do.

What is amazing is you would think that people like that wouldn't have things in common but look at this thread- over a thousand posts long- they do.

There are enough people online over night to sustain a viable community, but there's nothing to get us together in the same place (outside of the in before back-up thing.)

It is intended for the Nocturnal forum to he humourous and lighthearted, much like this thread has been so far.

Ideas for discussion for the forum would be, for example, night time munchies, films on in the wee small hours, what has you insomniac, and spooky night time things (it's almost like it's unnatural NOT mentioning things like Vampires and Werewolves, etc.)

The word "nocturnal" also, for me, has an implicit gothic/ countercultural ring to it and it seems to have already bound together some new posters who never had a place together before ( littletom, Mr Crystal for example) and older posters like myself and nerin and there are topics that I can percieve popping up would cross alot of forums- games, music, television, film- with nocturnal/ dark/ weird themes which have a binding theme and could and should be discussed together.

The loving of nearly everyone here of Jhonen Vasquez's work is a good example.

The beards forum is deserved, but I believe that those of us who lurk in the dark need a place to gather in peace and solace away from the light.

*gets off soapbox*

SDoom uses his charm and vision to sway Kharn

Kharn wrote: »
    OK, the promises of pints, the idea of a night time gang and a song named in my honor has swung this in my favour. I'm PMing Vexorg on the acceptance of 1 further condition...

I get to be the official Daywalker of the Nocturnal board :D
    Kharn gives in :D
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Trucker's Choice Stay-Awake Tablets and Buzz cola to fight off the threat off impending sleep, ftw.

:)

How about a lair? A Bat lair, perhaps.
    Rigger suggests name the Lair
    Just noticed this section here, so since most of us will be using this section at night, I guess I'd make a thread asking what motivates you to stay up? Is it work? Hobbies? Naghty websits? (joking ;) )

Anyway for me it's work, I work with a lot of people over the world who are 6 hours behind, so it results in me having to stay up pretty late.
    The first post of the forum:pac:
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    heh, you stoled the first post¬!
    Kharn wrote: »
    I'm gutted! Vex just PM'd me to say the board was live and this muppet comes in, steals First Post and doesn't even make a FIRST POST! post... :mad:

* gets the ban stick ready
    They are not too pleased:D
    Dragan wrote: »
    Okay, so it's a moot point by now but Nerin and SDooM are all aboard the Mod train and i for one look forward to them and Myth guiding us through many sleepless nights!

Also, once again big thanks to the guys for bringing about our Moonlit Retreat.
    Nerin & SDoom are Made mods

SDooM wrote: »
    Lads, due to work commitments "Daddy Doom" is unable to be here as much as usual for at least a month.

With the expansion of the forum recently, we've been given two new mods :)

Please welcome your new dark evil moderators of the night, watna and orestes.

Go team!

Watna and Orestes are made mods

Ok there is the bones of it ,you can now add to the moments of the nocturnal forum.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

65 posts of pure madness:D gotta break it up though

Steve_o wrote: »
    I am so smart, I am so smart.. S..A..M, I mean S.M.A.R.T...
    I thought you said you will go:cool:

*takes sniper*
    /gets grenade launcher...
    koth wrote: »
    Honestly, ya go for a sandwich only to return to a war zone.:rolleyes:
    GET DOWN

*dives to save koth and fires two shots*

Jaysus, that was close!!

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Incoming!!!!
    :eek::eek:
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    *cowers in corner in amidst the chaos*:pac::D
    Ohh...

* back of wrist to forehead, elbow out*

...the humanity!!
    *stands up to reveal a semi-automatic*

Say hello to my lil' fiend!:mad:
    The battle so far...
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/
    The like-ness is uncanny.:pac:
    haha hilarious,but situation changed,i am covered with airplanes now and driving tank,full armed and twice bigger than everyone else:D

Breaking news:Sniper shots started,our men on the field says it seems Delija entered battlefield
    I have to say delija I love the smell of napalm in the morning, you're lucky the morning has passed!
    Which side are you on?
    I'm an anarchist, an agent of chaos, there are no sides with me! I want to see total devastation!
    animan wrote: »
    Hmm there seems to be a war. What to do, what to do? I know. GODZILLA!!!1!!one!1!!! Haha, I shall win the war.
    Ohhhhhh.........****!!!!!

Do we have any missiles delija?
    According to Steve_o's brilliant tactical display Delija's ass is toast! No missiles for him!!!
    He seems to have some sort of bullet reflecting shield...

Hey Delija....REFLECT THIS!!!

*fires flame thrower*
    I think we should team up and take over this place.
    Inc%20Hulk.gif+LIZARD.gif??

**** it, why not?

*That's the Lizard not Godzilla I know*

Yes, I do have control over many beasts including my pet dragons, werewolves and I happen to be the Puca. What can I say I'm a powerful guy.
    Woo! Beware my gun shooting skills. I've been known to hit my target on occasion.:D
    CALL IN THE TANK SQUADRON BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!
    *LZHulk teams up with Godzilla but when Godzilla turns his back LZHulk grabs him by the tail and swings him into the water*

:D
    Godzilla can swim....
    Godzilla tunnels into the river bank which then collapses under LZHulk.
    *LZHulk conviently swung Godzilla into the water under a bridge and then proceeds to collapse the bridge on Godzilla*

:D:pac:
    *LZHulk puts delija in a bearhug*

You cannot escape.:D:p
    animan then transforms into a horse and tramples paperclip.
    Thats just the chance I needed to hijack Delija's plane,

TAKE THIS!!!

*Fires missiles*
    You traitor!!!

Quick,someone,heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!
    animan sends one of his dragons and 5 werewolves to rip apart delija and LZHulk
    EDIT
    ...thinks he tramples paperclip, she however dissolves to mist and pops up behind the snake-dude.

"HiiiiYah!"

Reeling from the double handed punch to the back of the head Animan collapses into a forlorn heap!!

:D
    *Takes pot shots at paperclip from the plane*
    How can you punch a horse in the back of the head. Animan then proceeds to stamp on paper clips head until it is just blood with shards of bone and brain matter. He then feels bad so brings paperclip back to life:cool:
    *LZHulk uses delija as a human shield against the werewolves and then makes an awe inspiring leap onto steve o's plane*
    Which is then eaten by the dragon.
    *hides behind a rock with a couple of cans to sit the action out*:D
    *LZ dehulkifies and joins koth for a few cans*:D
    When suddenly animan and paperclip gallop up and kill both of them and steal the beer.

Delija is confused,dont know who is against who in here and decide to kill everyone and finish all this mess:D
    No, I'm afraid you were eaten by the werewolves when LZ sacrificed you to save himself. You lost the war you started.
    Sounds like a plan!:D

As it is in most wars No-one has a clue why it started and everyone is confused about how it ended. :cool:
    So who's left? Paperclip, Animan and steve o? C'mon steve o destroy this unholy alliance known as paper-man!:pac::D
    *presses detonator which explodes the c-4 cleverly hidden in the 'cans' of beer taken from my clone*
    :p
    I think we should team up with steve o and just say that paper-man-o won the war.
    Yayy!! So what'd we win?:D
    The war rages on....https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/
    orestes wrote: »
    *ducks stray missile as he walks through the door*

What the hell?!
    There was a nocturnawar but the paper-man-o alliance won it.
    Damn right we won...
    Yeah because you are all a bunch of big cheating bastards.:mad::pac:

What the hell can transform from Godzilla into a horse anyway?:p:D
    Look out he's got a banstick....

*Slow motion dive and fires last bullet from gun*

Cue "Knockin on Heaven's Door" from the end of Lethal Weapon 2...
    orestes wrote: »
    *dodges bullet Matrix agent style*

You're going to have to do better than that, Mr. O

*adjusts tie*
    Yeah really.

Prepares to call Godzilla, dragons and werewolves. You feelin' lucky?:cool:
    You can't force choke me. I'm a puca.

*Calls a dragon which then eats orestes like an oreo. Ripping him in half and licking out the insides.*

That's the end of that chapter.

Advertisement