Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ELysium Bar anyone?

Options
  • 10-06-2008 8:19pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the forum request thread I mentioned maybe creating an off topic chatter bar thread for overnighters like YORE MA's caled the Elysium.

What do ya think? Should we do it tonight?

Do ye want a Bar/Chatter thread 21 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    71%
    KnifeWRENCHDraganCrumble FrooMahatma coatDoctor DooMwatnabanjopaulDJ_SpiderLovelyTomNerinkerashthusspakeblixagollyitsollycHaTbOxShhh 15 votes
    Lets Discuss it More
    14%
    patrickcGran HermanoDude111 3 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    14%
    KnifeWRENCHDoctor DooMNerin 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

No
    Yes we should! What would a night be without the general banter!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Insomnia Bar ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Atari Jaguar
    LovelyTom wrote: »
    Yes we should! What would a night be without the general banter!?

We could have hawt vampiresses serving us. I am sure Nerin could arrange it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

We could call it The Batcave

No
    SDooM wrote: »
    We could have hawt vampiresses serving us. I am sure Nerin could arrange it!

Brilliant! And SP can serve crumpets :p If she wants to that is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

No
    Great Idea
    I think the name Elysium is.... classy...
    As for ''Insomnia''... well it does exactly what it says on the tin, but reminds me too much of the coffee shop

Atari Jaguar
    We could call it The Batcave
    Brilliant! And SP can serve crumpets :p If she wants to that is...

Hm... I'm seeing a running theme here...

No

What would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe it should just be a batcave, the bar has been done, twice.

Atari Jaguar
    What would that be?

Seen the pic of SP as bat girl? :)

Elysium is where Vampires gather in peace... and in mythology is one of them heaven things.

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Maybe it should just be a batcave, the bar has been done, twice.

something a bit different wold be good...

it is not an obsession honest
    *okay it is but there are worse things to be obsessed with*

But "The Batcave - A place to hang out" or something like that does seem apt and have a bit of a ring to it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Trucker's Choice Stay-Awake Tablets and Buzz cola to fight off the threat off impending sleep, ftw.

:)

How about a lair? A Bat lair, perhaps.

Atari Jaguar
    If we're doing bat its got to be bat cave.

Thats got my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Why do we need a "bar"? This isn't BGRH ffs! Why can we just have an off topic thread that doesn't involve people being served drinks. Why can't we just come in and chat without the same bull that's over in BGRH?

To be honest guys, I don't think it's fair for everyone to take over this place without some say from Nerin either.

No
    So it's not a bar thing? can it be a strip club? :p

takola wrote: »
    Why do we need a "bar"? This isn't BGRH ffs! Why can we just have an off topic thread that doesn't involve people being served drinks. Why can't we just come in and chat without the same bull that's over in BGRH?

To be honest guys, I don't think it's fair for everyone to take over this place without some say from Nerin either.

I don't think anyone is looking to imitate BGRH or any other thread but if we are going to have an off topic thread why not give it a title, it doesn't need drink but I do think there is something in the charter about serving crumpet :D

Nerin can have his say when he gets here, in the meantime what is the harm in having a discussion and coming to some form of consensus, the forum belongs to all of us taking into account all the work Nerin put in on our behalf

Atari Jaguar

It was just a thought! Can't blame us for being excited and talking about all the stuff we were talking about. if you get me.

Thought we were doing nerin a fave getting this place approved :)

No
    And a lot of people want nerin as Mod too, so we're hardly taking it away from him.
    Well I mean.... ''The Batcave'' doesn't imply being a bar.
    (I'm a non-drinker so I see where you're coming from takola!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I thought nerin had mentioned an attic type place... maybe not..

But the idea of the batcave as an offtopic thread rather than a bar is a good idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This could turn out to be quite interesting!!! If we get a batcave, do we all have to wear spandex catsuits??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

It was just a thought! Can't blame us for being excited and talking about all the stuff we were talking about. if you get me.

Thought we were doing nerin a fave getting this place approved :)

No offense Doom but the only reason this place was approved was because Kharn took an interest in it. I'm sure nerin will be very grateful for that. All any of the rest of us did was take an interest.

But changing the forum from what it was meant to be isn't going to make anyone happy. We don't need another BGRH. There's a perfectly good forum for that. If you want to talk in the bar or flirt mindlessly with one another then go there.

I know I'm spoiling all the fun here. But I completely disagree with The Recliner here. This forum doesn't belong to everyone and nerin didn't put in his work "on our behalf". He had a reason for wanting this forum. And I doubt it was to turn it into another BGRH :rolleyes:

No
    DarkJager wrote: »
    This could turn out to be quite interesting!!! If we get a batcave, do we all have to wear spandex catsuits??? :D

If you really want to :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If you really want to :p

Awesomo!!! \o/

Atari Jaguar
    No offense Doom but the only reason this place was approved was because Kharn took an interest in it. I'm sure nerin will be very grateful for that. All any of the rest of us did was take an interest.

But changing the forum from what it was meant to be isn't going to make anyone happy. We don't need another BGRH. There's a perfectly good forum for that. If you want to talk in the bar or flirt mindlessly with one another then go there.

I know I'm spoiling all the fun here. But I completely disagree with The Recliner here. This forum doesn't belong to everyone and nerin didn't put in his work "on our behalf". He had a reason for wanting this forum. And I doubt it was to turn it into another BGRH :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone wants here to be a BGRH lite. By the same token, are we to all stop posting until Nerin gets back?

I'd be devastated tbh if he was upset with the forum.

And btw, being serious is against Nerin's prototype charter :)

Kharn took an interest in it because people kept the thread alive after Nerin went away

This forum is Nerin's baby and no one wants to take it away from him but without the rest of us it will be a very quiet place

I don't think anyone wants another BGRH what would be the point but I think most forums benefit from having an off topic thread for chit chat, it keeps the place tidy and I don't see the harm in giving it a title

You are entitled to your opinion Tak and i respect it but disagree with you, there is a provisional charter for the forum which we are adhering too, nerin himself mentioned having an off topic sort of thread. We are not trying to change the nature of the forum just trying to explore it and figure out where it is going

I completely disagree with the statement that the forum isn't for everyone though, the forum is for its members, as we took an interest in it and without our interest the forum wouldn't exist, it does belong to us, all of us and we are all entitled to our input

No

Doom did more than just take an interest. He promoted it and in taking an interest everyone kept it alive and convinced Kharn to pick this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Atari Jaguar
    *russling breeze etc*
    *Nerin apppears all godly and scratched up*
    oh hai

hmmmm interesting
    (lots of reading on my return*shakes fist*)

ok.
    as tak said, not a bgrh thing, but the attic thing was an idea, a lair of sorts.
    as for drinks etc etc , if ye want em, i wont stop ye :)
    but tak has a point, bgrh is one forum, this be another.
    it will be touch and go, but im sure we'll hammer it out.

also, mucho respect to Sir Kharn.
    i owe him.
    blood oath, etc etc

Atari Jaguar
    Nerin wrote: »
    *russling breeze etc*
    *Nerin apppears all godly and scratched up*
    oh hai

hmmmm interesting
    (lots of reading on my return*shakes fist*)

ok.
    as tak said, not a bgrh thing, but the attic thing was an idea, a lair of sorts.
    as for drinks etc etc , if ye want em, i wont stop ye :)
    but tak has a point, bgrh is one forum, this be another.
    it will be touch and go, but im sure we'll hammer it out.

also, mucho respect to Sir Kharn.
    i owe him.
    blood oath, etc etc

Have to write a song for him, too :)

No drinks so, tis all good. Twas just an idea!

• Advertisement

No
    I have to write a haiku for him, as was promised

Advertisement