Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Nocturnal Interests

Options
  • 17-09-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

Okay okay we all know about the typical Nocturnalite stereotype. MizzLolly reckons most of us are nerds(:pac:), some reckon Gothic(ish:p). How about we share something about ourselves, an interest/characteristic, that would stray away from the Nocturnal stereotype?

I'll go first; my favourite genre of music is Motown.:D:p

Any other volunteers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Any other volunteers?

Is this a scam? :confused:

Anyways... My passions are music (Rock, Metal, Jazz and Soundtracks mostly), I love playing guitar, I have an insatiable appetite for films, I love a nice whiskey, and I've an obsession with all things Japanese. How's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Mad into piercings... if you haven't guessed, play american football, music is another passion, and i work as a deskside support monkey / care assistant. Oh also love mountain biking and skateboarding :-/ even though i suck at the latter

so, up yours mizzlolly :pac: <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is this a scam? :confused:

Anyways... My passions are music (Rock, Metal, Jazz and Soundtracks mostly), I love playing guitar, I have an insatiable appetite for films, I love a nice whiskey, and I've an obsession with all things Japanese. How's that?

Nope, no scam chief.

I'm a fan of Soundtracks myself, The Departed is one of my personal favouries.

Will wrote: »
    Mad into piercings... if you haven't guessed, play american football, music is another passion, and i work as a deskside support monkey / care assistant. Oh also love mountain biking and skateboarding :-/ even though i suck at the latter

so, up yours mizzlolly :pac: <3

Uh-oh, Lolly's gonna get ya now man!:D:pac:

About American Football, does that have a decent support in Ireland? One of my neighbours was mad into it, I think he even played for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm a fan of Soundtracks myself, The Departed is one of my personal favouries.

Can't beat Morricone sometimes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

This thread doesn't like me :(

Uh-oh, Lolly's gonna get ya now man!:D:pac:

About American Football, does that have a decent support in Ireland? One of my neighbours was mad into it, I think he even played for Ireland.

There's about 12 or so teams nationwide, not much support but i was doing it through college and will be again with any luck.

I was gonna try out for Ireland but I sucked at my position, will try this year though :D :cool:

MizzLolly wrote: »
    This thread doesn't like me :(

Care to share any non-nocturnal interests Mizzy?
    Originally posted by Will
    There's about 12 or so teams nationwide, not much support but i was doing it through college and will be again with any luck.

I was gonna try out for Ireland but I sucked at my position, will try this year though biggrin.gifcool.gif

I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for films based around American Football, I loved Remember the Titans and I even thought We Are Marshall was good (McG sucks:pac:). I always feel inspired after watching these films,:D
    Oiginally posted by Karl Hungus
    Can't beat Morricone sometimes...

I get chills when watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly when that music plays over, it just fits so perfectly with the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

well lets see...I likes piercings,tattoo's, scarification and body mods in general, I play soccer, do mma oh and addicted to txting

The american football movies are fun but sorta annoy me, only reason for this is we don't have fit cheer leaders :(

• Advertisement

well lets see...I likes piercings,tattoo's, scarification and body mods in general, I play soccer, do mma oh and addicted to txting

That's what I'm looking for man.:cool: I know it's not MMA, but I'm looking forward to the UFC Title fight between Lesnar and Couture.

Lesnar is gonna get his ass handed to him, he just goes in and gorilla smacks people. No style, he has ok wrestling skills and his sheer size is an advantage but yeah, his ass will be beat

The american football movies are fun but sorta annoy me, only reason for this is we don't have fit cheer leaders :(

Aw nutz.:( Could be worse, you could have a male Spirit Squad rather than Cheerleaders.:pac:
    Lesnar is gonna get his ass handed to him, he just goes in and gorilla smacks people. No style, he has ok wrestling skills and his sheer size is an advantage but yeah, his ass will be beat

If Couture doesn't underestimate Lesnar then he should win. You could tell by the press conference that Lesnar is hungry, he was pissed off by the lack of respect the journalists were showing him.

Nobody respects him, he has a tattoo on his chest that is rather phallic in it's appearance... I would lol at him for it, then run for dear life

brock.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

guitar
    photography

real generic.

yeah everyone takes the piss outta his tatt...also have to question why he shaves his arm pits..... dont be so sure i think he'll be something like 60lbs heavier when there in the cage, he's really fast for his size and has good take downs. Still ecpexting randy to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see brock win.

Nobody respects him, he has a tattoo on his chest that is rather phallic in it's appearance... I would lol at him for it, then run for dear life

brock.jpg

Ha ha, I would just run.:pac: I'm glad I have Setanta now, I hope it's value for money come november.:D
    Originally posted by Cremo
    guitar
    photography

real generic.

Cool man, is photography your college course?

he is just gonna brute force his way though, he did it with his last match me thinks, just held the guy down and gorilla slapped him about and he was very lucky he wasn't put in a BJJ hold, he has no ground game (apart from wrestling skills)

he is just gonna brute force his way though, he did it with his last match me thinks, just held the guy down and gorilla slapped him about and he was very lucky he wasn't put in a BJJ hold, he has no ground game (apart from wrestling skills)
    G N P dude....most guys do it at one point or another. Oh it'll be worth it, rumours of rampage Vs Silva on the same card too!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Uuuh... I have recorded 6 demo CDs in my time... Draw alot... although I would consider both of them fitting pass times for a nocturnal...

I have a passing interest in rugby?

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    Uuuh... I have recorded 6 demo CDs in my time... Draw alot... although I would consider both of them fitting pass times for a nocturnal...

I have a passing interest in rugby?

Then you qualify sir.:pac: Home Appliances would count too I suppose.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Not a veteran nocturnal but meh.................

I love science ( especially maths and physics ), Spend a lot of time playing guitar, Im a staunch athiest, like reading books about religion and what not.
    I enjoy exercising and listening to the stone roses simultaneously! :D

Edit: And I like Guinness!

Not a veteran nocturnal but meh.................

I love science ( especially maths and physics ), Spend a lot of time playing guitar, Im a staunch athiest, like reading books about religion and what not.
    I enjoy exercising and listening to the stone roses simultaneously! :D

Edit: And I like Guinness!

When you say staunch, what do you mean? Do you look down on people with faith? Sorry if that sounds direct, I'm just curious.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I will probably write/ illustrate a children's book soon.

About kittens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

When you say staunch, what do you mean? Do you look down on people with faith? Sorry if that sounds direct, I'm just curious.:)

Absolutely not! My mother is religious and I still love her! :D Im not a fan of Hitchens bulldog attitude. Im more of a Dawkins! ;)

Lads, I have a confession.....

I work outdoors... in the daylight.. *gasp* *SHOCK* *horror* :eek:

I read Tarot/Angel Cards

I got a tan this summer.. :o

*runs away from this Lolly-ist thread*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Lads, I have a confession.....

I work outdoors... in the daylight.. *gasp* *SHOCK* *horror* :eek:

I read Tarot/Angel Cards

I got a tan this summer.. :o

*runs away from this Lolly-ist thread*

Which deck do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

I like horse riding, particularly jumping (I hate dressage). Infact I was riding not even an hour ago. I also have a slight interest in motorbikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Rider Waite (clone)
    eVeNtInE wrote: »

Ah, I got it gradually, coz I work outside, inevitable that I'd begin to bake really!

Advertisement