Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirai 32" LCD TV €375 in Tesco

Options
  • 07-09-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

Was €475, now reduced by €100. This was in Tesco Clarehall today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is the TV any good? Is that bargain basement cheap price for the TV or just average?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

There are 6 of them on display in Tesco Mullingar at €375.

My mate has this model and the picture is excellent IMO. (no expert)

From memory on previous discussions on this TV it is no good with an analogue signal (i.e. normal arieal on the roof) but is great with a digital input such as Sky, digital cable etc.

I wouldn't expect them to hang around at this price, but then again people don't seem to be spending so much on "non-essentials" these days...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Was going to post this one aswell. They had 10+ in Wilton in Cork. The model number was 332m201b for what its worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

saw a couple last night in dundrum. well one at least, but i have one of them, i quite like it except for the fact you have to cycle through all the inputs instead of being able to select one from a menu. big remote too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

They are a really good tv imo. My parents got one in the 50% back offer around Easter time. Picture quality is fine with analogue tv and im sure its even better with a digital signal but I havent tried it.
    Its good value for money though at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

imho, given the depreciation of electronics in the run up to xmas, it seems to be the "right" price for this TV, rather than a good discount, considering the fact that most top end brands go for just over 500 Euros these days.

i'm holding off till november to buy a tv... got my eye on a Panasonic Viera that's selling for 575 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

A great price for a 32". I'd take the chance on it, it may not be a well known make but I've heard some good things about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I have one and its an excellent tv,HD is great on the xbox and on upscaled dvd's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Have one for the last year - and know someone else who has one. They are good for the money. Yes, the remote could be better - and I also find pic quality poor with analog - but then, these tv's are really for the purpose of digital input.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I bought one of these in the 50% back promotion at easter - it was faulty and had to be replaced. Now the 2nd one is also faulty and has gone in for repair :(

Obviously, you're always going to get the odd faulty unit, regardless of the brand (my mate has a Mirai and has had no problems with it) but I would comment that in the event you do have problems their customer service is appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Xtravision have a 32 inch LG LCD for 499.99,wud be a better buy than the Mirai IMO

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

didn't like the look of the lg one in xtravision, kidna looked smaller because of the small frame around the outside.
    but xtra vision were selling the mirai one for 699, then 599 and then 499. so it seems like a decent price with tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

just thought I'd update those planning to get one of these tv's, I reckon there were about 10 or so at Tesco Jervis yesterday evening, I saw two being purchased while I was checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

They nearly always do another 50% off with points near christmas for tv's etc.so if you can hold out.

Mirai.jpg

About 20 in stock in Mullingar today.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GerTipp

Just after getting this, thanks OP. Also 30% back in clubcard points as well this weekend so makes it an even better deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

GerTipp wrote: »
    Just after getting this, thanks OP. Also 30% back in clubcard points as well this weekend so makes it an even better deal :)

You sure? Just checked my local Tesco, and the only offer they have is "30% off homewares and small domestic electrical".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GerTipp

It looked like the discount was on the tv as well. Got it in Clonmel + it had the 30% back sign all over the shelf with the mirai tv's. I will have to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

GerTipp wrote: »

Yesterday while in Tesco Clearwater Finglas I enquired about the 30% off and was told by the electrical manager that the Mirai Tv was not included.
    Would be a great buy if it was!!!!

Cheers
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I asked in Tesco Clarehall on Friday if the tv was included as part of the 30% offer and was assured by an assistant manager that it did. I was confused because the 30% signs were all over the shelf that the tvs were on, but the small print om the signs says no large electrical items included.

The staff don't know what's going on half the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

wyndham wrote: »
    I asked in Tesco Clarehall on Friday if the tv was included as part of the 30% offer and was assured by an assistant manager that it did. I was confused because the 30% signs were all over the shelf that the tvs were on, but the small print om the signs says no large electrical items included.

The staff don't know what's going on half the time.

I'm pretty sure Tesco deliberately advertise reductions on top of products that do not belong to the promotion. I was caught out this way before on a smaller item (mach3 shaving kit) only to pay full price at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 daithi01

these soldout in wexford last week but they are back in again today if anyones interested.

There were 14 still on the shelf in Mullingar on Monday....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Are these still available anywhere in Dublin? Checked Ashbourne today, and no sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Clear water in Finglas had some last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Cool, thanks. I'll pop round later on and have a look.

I noticed this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055017436

Same TV 2 years ago was on sale for €590 and was retailing at €800 in some places.

Edit: Well a similar TV anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

My brother is looking for a tv (mainly for the ps3) and I was told these are in Tesco in Letterkenny as well. It's a great price. Is it a good tv? Never heard of Mirai before but it sounds like they are alrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

My brother is looking for a tv (mainly for the ps3) and I was told these are in Tesco in Letterkenny as well. It's a great price. Is it a good tv? Never heard of Mirai before but it sounds like they are alrite.

I'm in pretty much the same boat, moving to college with 4 mates and we're looking for a decent TV to put in our living room, mainly for use with the PS3/XBOX360. All the reviews so far sound positive anyway, anyone else got any experience of this tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

they had a few in ardkeen waterford this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone know if there is any left in Dundrum or Nutgrove or is this offer over?

Advertisement