Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Value 32" LCD TV

Options
  • 18-11-2006 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

Just found a great deal for a 32" TV at:

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Mirai_Olympic_32_Inch_HD_Ready_LCD_TV_DTL-532W100/version.asp

It's a Mirai 32" DTL-532W100 for E590. It's a great deal as far as I can see... I was actually planning on buying a similar Mirai TV in Xtravision when I came across this. I know laptopsdirect.ie have had some bad riviews on this site, but they have also had a number of good reviews so I decided to take the plunge and order from them. Mirai seems like a very good brand as their are a number of very happy owners of Mirai on avforums.com who you can read about (I read 65 pages of good reviews and comments on that site for Mirai yesterday!!:eek: )

It certainly seems a better option than the ALDI or LIDL TV's. The only thing is that this offer is for this weekend only. I can`t wait to get mine!:D :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Think I saw that set in the xtravision mag.Cant remember what they are selling it for , but around €700 seems to ring a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm no expert but looks like a good deal to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

yeah Xtravision are selling it for 799... I was gonna buy one form Xtravision today before I found that price on laptopsdirect.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

bloody Hell that does look like a great deal !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

woooo232 wrote:
    Just found a great deal for a 32" TV at:

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Mirai_Olympic_32_Inch_HD_Ready_LCD_TV_DTL-532W100/version.asp

It's a Mirai 32" DTL-532W100 for E590. It's a great deal as far as I can see... I was actually planning on buying a similar Mirai TV in Xtravision when I came across this. I know laptopsdirect.ie have had some bad riviews on this site, but they have also had a number of good reviews so I decided to take the plunge and order from them. Mirai seems like a very good brand as their are a number of very happy owners of Mirai on avforums.com who you can read about (I read 65 pages of good reviews and comments on that site for Mirai yesterday!!:eek: )

It certainly seems a better option than the ALDI or LIDL TV's. The only thing is that this offer is for this weekend only. I can`t wait to get mine!:D :D

Can you post the reviews?

Any one have any off these all ready? For that price I'm very tempted!

• Advertisement

kearnsr wrote:
    Can you post the reviews?

Any one have any off these all ready? For that price I'm very tempted!

Sure:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407786&highlight=mirai

Thats the thread I read through yesterday. They are almost all positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

anyone ever dealt with laptopsdirect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

postage costs?

dave101 wrote:
    postage costs?

30 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I got €22 delivery...Now would there be much of a difference going from a 26inch to a 32inch Lcd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

does it have 1 or 2 hdmi connections? the desc seems to conflict.

It has 2,dont mind the specs down bottom of page as its specs for another 32""LCD.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

woooo232 wrote:
    Sure:

60+ page! by the time I finish reading it the deal will be over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Any one see the speical over for the stand and hdmi cabel for an extra £60. Is that worth getting

craichoe wrote:

This is regarding the laptopdirect rather than the tv.

What do people think of the tv over all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i saw the mirai in xtravision up close today. They were playing the break up and it looked terrible. Darks were very messed up and the picture was awfully washed out. It looked like a cam pirate rather than a legit DVD, very unimpressive. On the other hand they had the hyundai from their last promotion behind it running and it looked amazing.

Also noticed that the bezel on the side of the mirai is huge, makes the screen look 28" rather than 32".

kearnsr wrote:
    Any one see the speical over for the stand and hdmi cabel for an extra £60. Is that worth getting

I wouldnt think so.

kearnsr wrote:

What do people think of the tv over all?

Well Im going to nip into an X-tra vision tomorrow and see if they have the Mirai 32 on display and check model numbers.Hopefully like savemejebus they will have something playing on it and I'll make up my own mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i think that if someone is desperate for a 32" they could do worse than go to lidl or aldi (aldi is probably better) next thursday. Because even if the tv sucks they will give you a no quibble refund and on the bright side you could get a huge bargain.

• Advertisement

guys & girl,

A friend of mine had ordered the DTL-532W100 @ the same place where i bought it in Belgium. (not online, but in an actual store).

He got a call today that Mirai will no longer ship this DTL-532W100, and that in fact the DTL-532W100 will be replaced with the DTL-332M100. It looks 100% the same, has the same specs, but comes with the new chroMAX technology.

It should be avaible first week of November.

So those of you who still have this tv in order with a dealer who doesn't have this tv in stock, might want to check delivery dates with his dealer again.

kind regards,

Lieven

A quote from av forums.

Looks like they are selling off old stock

mad m wrote:
    I wouldnt think so.

Why would you say that?

kearnsr wrote:
    Why would you say that?

Ah it was just my own personal taste,hate those glass stands.

mad m wrote:
    Ah it was just my own personal taste,hate those glass stands.

Oh right. I thought it was more to do with it being a piece of crap

i saw the mirai in xtravision up close today. They were playing the break up and it looked terrible. Darks were very messed up and the picture was awfully washed out. It looked like a cam pirate rather than a legit DVD, very unimpressive. On the other hand they had the hyundai from their last promotion behind it running and it looked amazing.
    ".

I saw the Mirai in my local Xtravision yesterday and I thought the display looked good... They were playing Ice Age and it looked very nice... And also I noticed yesterday that my local Centra has this TV too because they rent DVD's and have the Mirai behind the counter showing the movies. It was showing Spiderman 2 and to my (admittedly untrained) eye it looked good.

Maybe the store that savemejebus saw it in had the display settings all wrong?

So has any one else been to xtravison to check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

its out of stock atm now on that site ( says stock 2-7 days ) but im sure I read on that avforums that someone said mirai have stopped making this tv and once its out of stock it'll be gone for good. I bet in 7 days it'll say 14 days and go on and on. Laptopsdirect are trying to get rid of them as mirai have a new model out soon so i doubt there gonna want to get more of the old one in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bomany

Went into Derry last week and bought an Acoustic Solutions 32" LCD for £399. I think it is fine. A bargain in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Got one of these today from laptopsdirect the tv looks great nice picture and sound.BUT the surround on the TV is broken ,looks like it has been dropped on its corner from a height.The box has corresponding damage.When i rang to get it back i was directed to there site ,returns policy, the link for the online returns form leads back out to front page. 3 phone calls later i still cant even get a form to sdend it back .So all in all TV is great Laptopsdirect are ...........:mad: .I wonder is this the start of a long running saga?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 RRoger

woooo232 wrote:
    Sure:

I read through most of them too, the only downside I could find was some auto-scalling option/feature that switches to original despite set up 16:9 or smth like that
    they found a workaround though...

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Mirai_Olympic_HD_LCD_with_Glass_Stand_and_HDMI_cable_BUN-DTL-532W100-21/version.asp
    for €684 they also add a stand and HDMI cable
    here's som1s shot from avforums
    http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miraigf2.jpg

I was seriously thinking about Samsung LE32 R74BD for a grand but I compared their specs and they actually identical (Mirai has contrast 1000:1 comparing to Samsung's 5000:1 which is only used when dynamic contrast is swtiched on - from what I read at AVforums most of ppl say it's overhyped and turn that dynamic thingy off (to movie mode) that makes is 1000:1 anyway..also Samsung looks sexier..c'mon :rolleyes:

I'm confused..it seems to be a freakin bargain then

Advertisement