CE Scheme Rates - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

20-08-2008, 18:41   #1
Jah Luff

CE Scheme Rates

Does anyone do or know what the CE Scheme rate of pay is? I'am nearly a year on the dole and finding it very hard to find work and someone suggested to look at CE as i would be eligable to do one. Thanks for any replies!
Advertisement
21-08-2008, 08:30   #2
the GALL

It's the same as the dole but your givin a travel allowence/ meal allowence so about €220 Total
So if you take into account 197.50 for lying in bed doing feck all and €220 for doing 19.5hr work....It's up to yourself what you want
But I will say in their defence they do have a budget for courses to get you back to work ie first aid/ECDL etc etc
Thanks from:
24-08-2008, 21:36   #3
Athina

Quote:
Originally Posted by the GALL View Post
It's the same as the dole but your givin a travel allowence/ meal allowence so about €220 Total
So if you take into account 197.50 for lying in bed doing feck all and €220 for doing 19.5hr work....It's up to yourself what you want
But I will say in their defence they do have a budget for courses to get you back to work ie first aid/ECDL etc etc

Yes they have excellent budgets for further education in third level colleges now which they didnt have in years gone by, if you can get your hands on one of thse schemes go for it. It will bolster your self esteem, give you something to get up for in the morning, the chance to socially mix with others and most important of all valuable work experience and an education course to add to your CV. Good luck
26-08-2008, 11:43   #4
shoegirl

It will give you a better chance of actually getting a job if that is what you want, as potential employers will see you as making an effort. That said, the hours are fairly short and you get to keep your other benefits, and the social see you as making an effort so you are far less likely to be cut off at some point.
04-03-2009, 18:22   #5
revan23

sounds like slave labour to me, total scam. you can always find something to do if you are unemployed without working for someone else for free. thats ridiculous
Advertisement
05-03-2009, 14:51   #6
havana

Its not working for free. Its called community employment because most people work in community, voluntary or charity organisations that often wouldn't be able to operate without ce staff. Plus you get invaluable experience and training when looking for further work

also you can do part time work to increase your income
06-03-2009, 22:38   #7
sunnyside out
Banned

its a great chance to furthur your education cause they want you to do as many courses as possible..

i done a ce scheme up untill a few weeks ago and im on my way to becoming a fully quitified worker to work with children with disabilities in schools

and i never done a leaving cert

all thanks to the chance the CE scheme and FAS gave me to do as many courses as i could
18-08-2010, 15:05   #8
shefra

ce scheme ends can i get stamps

My CE scheme is coming to an end. Just wondering can I get 'stamps' after its over? Or do I apply for the dole and also how long will it take to get payment.
Living in a small town, no job prospects.

Thanks
18-08-2010, 15:13   #9
R P McMurphy

That would depend on the duration of your placement on the scheme but I would assume you should be grand for a Jobseeker's Benefit payment straight away. CE shemes have an A stamp so should be ok
Advertisement
18-08-2010, 15:14   #10
R P McMurphy

Your JB payment should not take too long to process. Get your P45 as soon as possible once you finish as you will need this
18-08-2010, 19:44   #11
shefra

Quote:
Originally Posted by R P McMurphy View Post
That would depend on the duration of your placement on the scheme but I would assume you should be grand for a Jobseeker's Benefit payment straight away. CE shemes have an A stamp so should be ok
Thanks for the reply R P
20-08-2010, 02:46   #12
Bob Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by the GALL View Post
Its 216 but you are not given any travel expenses so if you do a ce scheme a bit away from where you live you might not be much beter off
13-10-2010, 09:13   #13
Cooldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana View Post
Its not working for free. Its called community employment because most people work in community, voluntary or charity organisations that often wouldn't be able to operate without ce staff. Plus you get invaluable experience and training when looking for further work

also you can do part time work to increase your income

I have the option of a CE scheme but I also work part time from home in the evenings, does anyone know if you CE scheme employer is obliged to make sure that your hours dont clash with those of you part time work?
21-10-2010, 10:06   #14
ash_18x

could anyone tell me what rights people on CE Schemes have?
I know someone on one and the way they get treated is apalling. they are treated like crap. they tried ringing citizens information but they werent much help.
they have to hand in a doctors cert for one days sick! thats not the issue though, its just the general treatment of them. Breaks etc.

thanks.
21-10-2010, 13:10   #15
Bob Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_18x View Post
could anyone tell me what rights people on CE Schemes have?
I know someone on one and the way they get treated is apalling. they are treated like crap. they tried ringing citizens information but they werent much help.
they have to hand in a doctors cert for one days sick! thats not the issue though, its just the general treatment of them. Breaks etc.

thanks.

Even though it's little pay it's the same rights ad being on a job. Supervisers can be easygoing but they don't have to be. It's a bit harsh to be strict on breaks etc but they are within their rights

However they can't make you do anything that you weren't employed to do eg if you join a ce scheme as technician they can't make you do all the cleaning or make the tea You are on them them to learn a trad
Thread Closed