Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thanks guys!

Think it time I got back to watching FC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Bloody hell!!

Missed the warning at the start so totally did not expect that! I always thought Damian would be the one to snap, his angry is constantly bubbling beneath the surface. Looking forward to Tuesday nights episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

InisMor wrote: »
    No I don't think it is.
    Was she not found lying just between the kitchen door and the living room ? Can anyone remember the details ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

were did that lazy twat get the 5k from???? and the one he shagged i did,nt see her white stick or dog???? and bob was the only actor on the show and hes gone........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

lol @Meeja .. did Damian and Suzanne go to you for relationship counselling?

Ha ha! I should be the Doctor Phil of soap. I'm going in tomorrow to fix Bela's leg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

What an episode! absolute brilliant acting. Loved seeing it all unfold. Felt so sorry for Damien. I bet Suzanne will plead how sorry she is. she is a two faced b&&ch but I guess that shows she is acting really well :eek:

Thought Damien, Bob, Louie were all brilliant. Loved the conversation with Bob & Louie at the end, Can't wait for Bob to return.

Loved Carol saying she preferred men not boys ;):D

The end was very shocking and very powerfully acted by Damien. Well done to all involved. 10/10 for me :)

I loved the episode so much, I am recording the episode tomorrow, It was really well acted, so interested to see where it goes from here and male domestic violence is an important story that I believe affects much more than we ever realise.

Credit to Maclean for his acting. I really can't put it into words how impressed I was. Seeing him going around the whole episode trying to stop this happening, doing anything in order to keep Bob quiet and what a way for Bob to go out. Revenge served cold!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

If Damien is unemployed right now, where did he get the money to buy Bobs silence. If he saved it from death collecting he must have been well paid. It would appear he was better paid than most if he did get it from his savings and is a total fool to give up his work.

I know there is no excuse for violence and it is great to see the sublect of the man been at the end of it for a change, but i think Damien will not be straying again for a while if he does love Suzzane as he says he does and stays with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Deise Tom wrote: »
    If Damien is unemployed right now, where did he get the money to buy Bobs silence.

yeah that was the first question I asked as well Tom..
    I know there is no excuse for violence and it is great to see the sublect of the man been at the end of it for a change,

Dont speak too soon Tom, I think Damian is gonna plant her in the head with a shovel the next time she arrives home.. He has form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i'm wondering about the 5k too. fake-a$$ cheque? lol

the fight was quite amusing; not in a hahaha damo's gettin the sh!te beat out of him, but more like... OMG that looks so fake! suzanne with her screaming again... they really need to break up. or time apart....

dr dillon & zumo share the same birthday? and 21 for zumo? he looks about 27!

bob, brilliant as usual. i love his wit! hope he will not be gone for too long. who will entertain us now?

• Advertisement

I presumed it was from a joint account that they had, most couples have joint accounts, when you are desperate, you will do anything.

yeah that was the first question I asked as well Tom..

Dont speak too soon Tom, I think Damian is gonna plant her in the head with a shovel the next time she arrives home.. He has form

Please tell me how he is supposed to have "form"? because he witnessed domestic violence, that doesn't mean you will ever want to do that. I know there was the Wayne incident but I don't believe he would ever do that to Suzanne.

I would love someone to tell Damien what Suzanne did with Louie, she is hardly saintly herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Wow wow wow...What an episode. Bryan Murray was simply enthralling tonight. Damien was brilliant, but once again Bob stole the show. I actually got chills with his last word to Louie. Nothing on TV has made me do that in a long time, so credit to the writers for the story and also the actors for performing it so brilliantly.

I really hope they don't go down the Trevor Jordache route and have him killed off when he comes back. Think he's way to big a player to leave the show.

I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but I didn't notice any of the other stories cause of the bob one. Suzanne beating up Damien was good but the Bob saga eclipsed everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

angel01 wrote: »
    I presumed it was from a joint account that they had, most couples have joint accounts, when you are desperate, you will do anything.

maybe it was a post dated cheque to 2022 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I would love someone to tell Damien what Suzanne did with Louie, she is hardly saintly herself.

Damian went for Mark and Wayne, and was close to snapping with Suzanne a few times... he's just waiting to explode..

Oh yeah meant to say.. Found Suzanne telling Neasa (who she barely knows) about Louie to be a bit unbelievable.. That's not something you would tell somebody you just met.

I dont think Suzzane is all the well off either.

If it did come out of a joint account i would love to have heard his excuse when Suzzane found out.

Please tell me how he is supposed to have "form"? because he witnessed domestic violence, that doesn't mean you will ever want to do that. I know there was the Wayne incident but I don't believe he would ever do that to Suzanne.

There is a difference between unsuccessfully trying to come onto someone and actually going the whole hog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

There is a difference between unsuccessfully trying to come onto someone and actually going the whole hog.

Not really actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Was the cheque Bob gave Zumo the one he got from Damien?:confused:

I dont think Suzzane is all the well off either.

If it did come out of a joint account i would love to have heard his excuse when Suzzane found out.

Suzanne already knows, she flinged the cheque on the floor...
    Damian went for Mark and Wayne, and was close to snapping with Suzanne a few times... he's just waiting to explode..

Oh yeah meant to say.. Found Suzanne telling Neasa (who she barely knows) about Louie to be a bit unbelievable.. That's not something you would tell somebody you just met.

They are friends, she encouraged Suzanne, she told Suzanne that he fancied her, why wouldn't she tell her? :confused:

Have you forgotten about Suzanne flinging the plate at the wall, and I think it is Suzanne that is the one with the violence..

• Advertisement

No because he gave that cheque to Suzanne and she threw it on the floor of their living room.

0003b3cc-545.jpg

Helplines

If you have been affected by the issues raised in Fair City please see below for details of helplines.

www.amen.ie
    (046) 902 3718; After hours (086) 194 7270 (086) 794 1880.
    Amen provide a confidential helpline, support services and information for men who have or are experiencing domestic violence.

www.womensaid.ie
    1800 341 900
    Women's Aid provide confidential support and information to women and children living with domestic violence who need emergency or ongoing support through the National Freephone Helpline.

www.samaritans.ie
    1850 60 90 90
    Samaritans provides 24-hour emotional support to anyone experiencing distress, despair or suicidal thought.

www.cosc.ie
    COSC -The National Office for the Prevention of Domestic, Sexual and Gender-based Violence
    Ph- 01 4768680
    Email: cosc@justice.ie

www.stopseeingred.co.uk/
    0044 20 7751 4455
    STOP SEEING RED runs courses to help all sorts of people deal with anger and conflict. It was founded by Florence Terry who has spoken publicly about her experiences in dealing with her anger problem and its effect on her marriage.

0003b431-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 146

Tuesday 21st September

Damien licks his wounds.

Tommy finds a bit of 'country' in Carrigstown.

Cleo's dead mother turns up at the Hungry Pig.

Zumo tries to get back in Vivienne's good books.

Suzanne lets Neasa know what she thinks of her.

And Mark is concerned for Suzanne's welfare.

Written by Hilary Reynolds.

0003b432-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 147

Wednesday 22nd September

Damien begs for the sake of his marriage.

Charlotte gets her way with Vivienne.

Robert surprises Cleo with an early return.

Neasa is in Judith's bad books.

Robert sees dead people.

Charlie comes to Zumo and Charlotte's aid.

Written by Hilary Reynolds.

0003b433-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 148

Thursday 23rd September

Charlie has a crisis of conscience.

Robert quizzes Aoife on her new identity.

Charlie and Zumo come to an agreement, briefly.

Carol tries to put Tommy in his place.

Suzanne catches Damien and Neasa together.

Esther and Carol utilise Tommy's initiative for their own benefit.

Suzanne humiliates Damien in front of Sarah.

Written by Rachel Kilfeather.

0003b434-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 149

Sunday 26th September

Damien avoids being at home.

Zak gets advice on girls from his sisters.

Charlie blurts out the identity of his mystery student.

Bela calms an angry Zumo.

Cleo suspects Robert is hiding something from her.

Zak is a bit of a vandal.

Robert asks for Aoife's blessing.

Damien submits to Suzanne, to prove his love.

Written by Rachel Kilfeather
          Directed by Ian McGarry
          Location Director Simon Gibney.

Robert sees dead people..

Damien licks his wounds.
          Mark is concerned for Suzanne's welfare.
          Damien begs for the sake of his marriage.
          Suzanne humiliates Damien in front of Sarah.
          Damien avoids being at home.
          Damien submits to Suzanne, to prove his love.

I'm finding this story extremely uncomfortable......but I'm absolutely glued to it! Coronation Street is the only other soap that I ever watch.....and Fair City is now a million million miles ahead of it!!!

Laois_Man wrote: »
          I'm finding this story extremely uncomfortable......but I'm absolutely glued to it! Coronation Street is the only other soap that I ever watch.....and Fair City is now a million million miles ahead of it!!!

It is very uncomfortable to watch but has you on the edge of your street glued to it, last nights episode beat any previous Eastenders episode for me. Gosh even Peggy leaving was pathetic compared to last nights.

Poor Damien :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I hope we haven't seen the last of Bob Charles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Suzanne is not sorry for what she did - she did it on purpose and carried on doing it - she's a mean witch.

That chap who plays Damien played a blinder last night - the swallowing when he was asking Louis for help, and then half standing up to Bella, I wanted to run into the telly to take him home with me - he was so desperate for help. Isn't it funny to think that he has turned into his mother and Suzanne has turned into his father. And the snide way that Suzanne one looks at him as if he's a lump of poo on her shoe. And I don't blame him for having a shot on Nessa - could you imagine what Suzanne is like in the bedroom!!!!!

BTW if I was Louis I'd be bricking it at the moment. I loved every minute of last night's show - even Esther and Charlie.

Robert sees dead people.

I meant to say above.....I dunno whether to laugh or cringe at this......but I'll give it a chance!! :D

wyndham wrote: »
          I hope we haven't seen the last of Bob Charles.

No, he will be back :)
          deelite wrote: »
          Suzanne is not sorry for what she did - she did it on purpose and carried on doing it - she's a mean witch.

That chap who plays Damien played a blinder last night - the swallowing when he was asking Louis for help, and then half standing up to Bella, I wanted to run into the telly to take him home with me - he was so desperate for help. Isn't it funny to think that he has turned into his mother and Suzanne has turned into his father. And the snide way that Suzanne one looks at him as if he's a lump of poo on her shoe. And I don't blame him for having a shot on Nessa - could you imagine what Suzanne is like in the bedroom!!!!!

BTW if I was Louis I'd be bricking it at the moment. I loved every minute of last night's show - even Esther and Charlie.

:D

I thought Damien was absolutely brilliant last night, and judging by what is ahead, it won't get any easier. I wanted to give him a big hug and tell him how much better he deserves. :(

He is playing it so well and I so wanted someone to help him and felt like saying don't go home Damien and it is so hard to even admit to a friend like Dean or Wayne, what Suzanne is doing :(:(

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I wondering where Bob got the money for Charlotte but he gave Suzanne the cheque :confused:

I wonder will Suzanne hammer Nessa also

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement