Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

25-07-2008, 15:39   #1
Sunny2ie

LipoTrim Weight Loss - Any advice?

Has anyone used this Lipotrim meal replacement product? My sister in law was on it for 2 weeks and by the end of it she had lost weight but looked awful. She couldn't sleep, she was getting cramps in her stomach and was having terrible mood swings....although, that may not have been lipotrim!! Anyway, she stopped because she has 2 young kids and her energy levels were gone completely. Thing is, when she stopped taking it, she put the weight back on plus more. I checked it out on the net and apparently it was being investigated here but no report on it yet. How is this possible? it should only be used by extremely obese individuals who need assistance. Anyone have advice on it or had a good experience?
Advertisement
25-07-2008, 18:38   #2
EileenG

Bad bad idea. I do know a few people who have lost weight on it, but they have all tended to put the weight back on quickly.

It's a very low calorie diet. They are very close-mouthed with the details of what's in the various packets and bars, but I managed to get the details, and most of the meals are under 150 cals each, so three a day is only 450 calories, which is starvation level. The meals themselves aren't even good nutrition, they have a lot of dextrose and maltadextrin (both sugar) and modified maize starch etc. They add a sprinkle of vitamins so they can claim they are balanced. You'd be better off eating proper food and taking a multivitamin and some fish oil.

I'm told the Irish Medicine's board investigated it, but it's sold as a food, so they are not actually breaking any laws, even though the stuff is a total scam.
26-07-2008, 11:02   #3
rubadub

As mentioned it is simply a food, so there is nothing anybody can do. I could similarly make sachets with 500kcal of flour in them and sell them strictly to pharmacies and nothing could be done about it. Special K could have ads saying have a bowl a day and NOTHING else, and nothing could be done.

I have to admire the scumbag degenerates for the great idea of restricting sales to pharmacies, they really do know how to prey on the ignorant and abuse the notion and expectation people have of pharmacies. The pseudo-pharmaceutical marketing they achieved is clever but quite disturbing.

I wonder if any pharmacies have boycotted it.
31-07-2008, 01:54   #4
Bubble19

I tried lipotrim because a friend of the family lost 6stone while on it (has since put it and more weight on) didn't like the whole not eating anything for a number of weeks wouldn't recommend it as its not healthy!!

I know your on the topic of Lipotrim but i just said i let you know if your looking for a good bit of weight loss with eating a number of healthy food products try 'The Sacred Heart Diet' its used in America for overweight people going for surgery to get healthy its ab brilliant google it for more details!!

Would defo recommend this...Best of Luck!
31-07-2008, 18:49   #5
Bubble19

Money money money...

Oh just something i personally found really funny regarding Lipotrim...

Someone once said the only thing you will loose and never get back on lipotrim is 65euro a week...

As ive tried this diet i would defo have to agree!!
Advertisement
06-08-2008, 19:52   #6
kiars

Just started Lipotrim Maintenance today and not finding it too bad- i can have 2 shakes/bars and my own meal. im having a bar for brekkie, shake for lunch and then a healthy meal for dinner-trying to drop a stone so hopefully this will kick start me.
14-08-2008, 12:54   #7
wonderwoman

Article on Lipotrim

I'm writing an article on Lipotrim for a (respectable!) Sunday newspaper. I'm looking to speak to people with no much weight to lose who were given the product (it was designed for seriously obese people) and suffered side effects or put the weight back on afterwards. Please PM me by tomorrow morning if you would like to contribute. Many thanks!
14-08-2008, 13:24   #8
Mr Magnolia

Moved from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055342551

This forum is for any media interaction wonderwoman.
14-08-2008, 15:18   #9
monkeyfudge

Send a message via ICQ to monkeyfudge Send a message via AIM to monkeyfudge Send a message via MSN to monkeyfudge Send a message via Skype™ to monkeyfudge
Moved back.

Best of luck with it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-08-2008, 15:21   #10
Mr Magnolia

OK, I've merged this back to the original thread. Drop me a PM if you've any more queries or concerns wonderwoman.

Thanks all.
Thanks from:
14-08-2008, 16:18   #11
Fatloss08

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwoman View Post
I'm writing an article on Lipotrim for a (respectable!) Sunday newspaper. I'm looking to speak to people with no much weight to lose who were given the product (it was designed for seriously obese people) and suffered side effects or put the weight back on afterwards. Please PM me by tomorrow morning if you would like to contribute. Many thanks!
get your facts straight , designed for people who have over 2.5 stone to lose

while i dont agree with this diet and many others , even what im on , if it gives people a kick start then well done , if it educates you on the good foods in life , even more respect

not everybody has the will power to stick to a balanced diet , u last a week and then crash and burn , some keep going and lose the weight and are here now preaching about how easy it is or what u should or should not do

as i said on a diff thread , my cousin lost 70kg on a diet like this , never been healthier , got all tests on heart and organs etc excellent health , and over a year later hasnt put any of the weight on

why do people on here always state the negative ????? never about some who actually do change after been on this diet or others.

im not pissed off or having a rant

you can be as fit and healthy as u want , gym 5 days a week , eating perfect , losing weight and then get a smack of a truck

if u change for the better then well done
14-08-2008, 16:28   #12
wonderwoman

Thanks. I wasn't looking to start a discussion here about it. I'm looking for people with a BMI of less than 30 to PM me if they had side-effects from the product -- Lipotrim was designed for people with a BMI of over 30 and chemists shouldn't be giving it to people with less to lose.
14-08-2008, 17:04   #13
Davei141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatloss08 View Post
not everybody has the will power to stick to a balanced diet , u last a week and then crash and burn , some keep going and lose the weight and are here now preaching about how easy it is or what u should or should not do
If they dont have the willpower to eat a balanced diet then what happens when they come off it? Gain a few more stone and go back on it? Thats the problem people have with it.
14-08-2008, 19:51   #14
Fatloss08

davei14

yes people cant stick to it because they have so much to lose , and the though of 6,8,10 months to lose the weight is dis-hearting and they colapse to usual

i know what ur saying , people will fail and pt weight back on , but thats not the diet its the individual

some will never put it on , but people never talk about the people who do good

its just the bad , me for one when i lose 25kg , i will watch the scales every week , eat less carbs than b4 and eat more veg , and excercise and make sure i stay around that weight

its when u let urself get 30 kg overweight its very hard to think , ahh cool i'll have it off in 2 years

people always want results fast in anything not just weight
14-08-2008, 20:54   #15
corkcomp

Send a message via MSN to corkcomp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatloss08 View Post
davei14

yes people cant stick to it because they have so much to lose , and the though of 6,8,10 months to lose the weight is dis-hearting and they colapse to usual

i know what ur saying , people will fail and pt weight back on , but thats not the diet its the individual

some will never put it on , but people never talk about the people who do good

its just the bad , me for one when i lose 25kg , i will watch the scales every week , eat less carbs than b4 and eat more veg , and excercise and make sure i stay around that weight

its when u let urself get 30 kg overweight its very hard to think , ahh cool i'll have it off in 2 years

people always want results fast in anything not just weight
there is also the question of how to get over a messed up metabolism, going on that sort of calorie deficiet is not going to do you any good .. Also there could potentially be serious muscle loss, you even said yourself in another thread that you needed to keep your calorie intake high in order to avoid loosing muscle, so can you imagine using lipotrim?

Regarding the point about wanting to see quick results or loosing motivation, sorry to be blunt but thats crap, people dont put on huge ammounts of weight overnight so shouldnt expect to loose it either, eat clean and exercise hard and just suck it up and wait for the results - they will come quickly if you work at it
Thread Closed