* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair * - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2008, 15:38   #16
craichoe

Online checkin requires a passport ????

Since when ?
I never used my Passport with KLM, Ryanair or Aerlingus. Just the flight confirmation number.
Advertisement
12-06-2008, 15:46   #17
MrPudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by craichoe View Post
Online checkin requires a passport ????

Since when ?
I never used my Passport with KLM, Ryanair or Aerlingus. Just the flight confirmation number.
For Ryanair? Since always.

MrP
12-06-2008, 16:38   #18
craichoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPudding View Post
For Ryanair? Since always.

MrP
When do they check your passport?

Online checking i just go through security and show my boarding card at the other side.
12-06-2008, 16:51   #19
ImDave

Quote:

Online checking i just go through security and show my boarding card at the other side.
So what have you been using as photo ID at boarding? Security has always checked the passport number printed on my boarding card against that on my passport.

Last edited by ImDave; 12-06-2008 at 16:55.
12-06-2008, 16:59   #20
axer

Quote:

I honestly cannot remember but im pretty sure they check your passport against the name on the online checkin printout at the gate.
Advertisement
12-06-2008, 17:02   #21
Davy
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by axer View Post
I honestly cannot remember but im pretty sure they check your passport against the name on the online checkin printout at the gate.
+1 normally look close enough too
12-06-2008, 17:13   #22
chuckles30

They always seem to check that the name, passport number, expiry date etc correspond to the boarding pass. It's done at the departure gate.
17-07-2008, 13:16   #23
Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Just noticing there are four threads in the forum in the last two weeks devoted to Ryanair. Quite the achievement by our nation's young airline - certainly one of the consumer issues forum's 'most popular' companies to discuss.

Let's use this thread to make your comments, ask your questions, rant and praise. At the very least it'll provide a source of information to passengers and potential passengers. I'll update this first post over time with any advice and a FAQ (as subsequent posts in the thread provide this advice)

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide to...; 20-07-2008 at 23:31.
18-07-2008, 17:49   #24
Blue_Wolf

Send a message via MSN to Blue_Wolf
Ryanair

My friend was getin a flight to the uk there last weekend. On the board his flight number said departing from Gate X so he wont down to gate X and said boarding Barcelona. He was waiting for 45minutes and than that flight left and up popped on the board london now boarding so he walked up with his ticket and they said oh that flight has already left. He said well on the board there is says boarding. The rep oh ya theres a problem with that, its the other way round we are boarding barcelona, the other flight was london. He said how was i suppose to know that, i didnt hear an announcement. She replies sorry theres nothing I can do. He went over to the help desk and they said we can put u on another flight in an hour but will cost you 250euro. What the f**k???? Thats a disgrace, thats robbery!!
Advertisement
18-07-2008, 18:11   #25
Fighting Irish

He didn't hear the call so its ryanairs fault
18-07-2008, 18:40   #26
jhegarty

How is that anything to do with ryainair... his complaint should be with the daa (assuming is dublin)
19-07-2008, 15:27   #27
Blue_Wolf

Send a message via MSN to Blue_Wolf
it was ryanairs flight, he paid ryanair for it so if he missed his flight because of them than his complaint should be with them. The Daa I would have assumed would do with control within airport.
19-07-2008, 15:48   #28
jhegarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Wolf View Post
it was ryanairs flight, he paid ryanair for it so if he missed his flight because of them than his complaint should be with them. The Daa I would have assumed would do with control within airport.
DAA run the airport, ie. the faulty display which caused him to miss the flight...
19-07-2008, 19:09   #29
axer

I cannot understand how the flight was not called out over the intercom or why the guy didnt ask someone whilst the flight was boarding if it was boarding around the time he should be boarding.
19-07-2008, 20:35   #30
jhegarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by axer View Post
I cannot understand how the flight was not called out over the intercom or why the guy didnt ask someone whilst the flight was boarding if it was boarding around the time he should be boarding.
And why only person was left behind ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion