Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightowl thread

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:18pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just curious? Are you a nightowl at weekends only or do you do it on school nights too?

What kind of sleep patterns you got?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Usually go to bed at around 2ish at the earliest, although I've found myself staying up later and later.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I work all kinds of different shifts seemingly at random because alot of our customers in work are american. Thus, I am all over the place, no pattern to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I usually go to bed between 2 and 3. Up again at 7.30. Always wrecked the next night but I could go to bed early and still not sleep until 2/3 so I just don't bother anymore. I usually surf boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Usually go to bed somewhere around 6am and get up around 2 or 3 in the afternoon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

orestes wrote: »
    Usually go to bed somewhere around 6am and get up around 2 or 3 in the afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

usually go asleep after 2 unless im freakishly sleepy.
    up around 7 during school,8 every saturday and 12 or 1 when im free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

chdpoker wrote: »

Huh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Well, lately what with the exams and whatnot, it has to be around 12, otherwise I get quite arsey.
    Any other time and I stay up until I cry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

takola wrote: »
    I usually go to bed between 2 and 3. Up again at 7.30. Always wrecked the next night but I could go to bed early and still not sleep until 2/3 so I just don't bother anymore. I usually surf boards.

Exact same as me. sometime i'll go a bit earlier but then i just end up waking at 5 or 6 am, so whats the use :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

All depends on the shift I work. This week for example I have watched the sunrise twice before going to bed, and probably the same for the remainder of the week. On weekends, I may not even see a bed for 48 hours straight. And of course a normal week warrants earlier bedtime, but thats still 2 or 3am!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I am made of pure nightowlium!

Sometimes it's 6 or 7 before I see a bed. Sometimes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Sometimes I'll go to bed at about 2.00am or 3.00am for a whole week. But then, the next week, I'll start dozing in the afternoons after eating. It makes up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

I go to bed at about 6 and wake up at about 3-4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I sleep later every night until I'm back going to bed early. When I worked 9-5 I used to skip a nights sleep when needed to get back around to social hours.
    Shift work was easier and now I work my own hours so it's easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

1-2am if Im lucky. Most of the time, bed at 3-4am up again 6-7am. I think Im solar powered. Certainly not running on sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Well i haven't really slept well since i was a kid. My average is normally 2 to 4 hours a night, depending. Sometimes i will catch 6+ for no apparent reason and that feels like i slept for a week!

At weekends i might not sleep from Friday through to Sunday simply because i have no reason to, and have plenty of stuff to do!!!

Then every now and then i get 5 day bouts of sleeplessness. By day 3 you are pretty useless to anyone and by day 5 your mostly seeing things but thankfully i have a pretty understanding employer so when that does happen they are pretty understanding about it, which is nice.

So yeah...insomnia sucks but you can get **** done.

Just like slavery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

During the week I'll head to bed around 2.00 am and hopefully get asleep
    before 3.00 am, up most mornings just before 8 for work. Honestly
    can't remember a weekday night when I went to bed before 2 in the morn.

On weekends it's not unusual for me to stay up until 4 or 5, but then I'll
    have a sleep in until noon. This was my normal sleep pattern way back in my
    college days.

And people wonder why I drink so much coffee ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm actually a really sleepy person and need at least 8 hours a night. Always in bed by 12 at the latest unless I'm out at the weekend.

I'm only classified as nocturnal as I live in New Zealand and boards is dead during the day (night for you guys!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

watna wrote: »
    I'm actually a really sleepy person and need at least 8 hours a night. Always in bed by 12 at the latest unless I'm out at the weekend.

I'm only classified as nocturnal as I live in New Zealand and boards is dead during the day (night for you guys!)

Ah thats okay. We will forgive you your Daywalking ways. I mean, look at your cute little nose.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Dragan wrote: »
    Ah thats okay. We will forgive you your Daywalking ways. I mean, look at your cute little nose.:D

Exellent, that meerkat has got me out of loads of trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Usually bed by 2am, up at any time between 9 to 11:30am, siesta in the afternoon about 3/4pm til about 6/6:30pm Unless I have things to do. (important, secrit stuff!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

WEEKDAYS/COLLEGE: Usually in bed between 12 and 1. Waking time varies.

WEEKENDS: Usually go to bed between 2 and 3. Up between 12 and 1.

HOLIDAYS/SUMMER: Bedtime can be anytime between 2am and 5 am (occassionally later!) Wake up between 2pm and 4pm (again, occassionally later! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Unlike some of the other kids when I was younger I seemed to have a later ''sleep time'' than others...i.e my parents didn't say ''here get to bet..school tommorow''

Ever since second year when I got my laptop. my sleep time is probably around 2.30...3.00 am...but sometimes around 1 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I don't have school or college:( (i have Responsibilities:eek:) estebancambias and square igloo are makin me feel old! Anyhow,on those nights I am being a night owl it's a 4-6am i'd be hitting the hay, which wouldn't be every night and I have to say I do enjoy my sleep:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im notorious, i sometimes go to bed at 5 even though im up at half 6 for work, a quick pint once i open up gets me going most times

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't go to be until about 4am usually... takes about an hour or so to get to sleep and I usually wake up at around 8.30 or so.

Tend to catch up on my sleep at the weekend when I'll spend as much time as possible lying in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Rarely go to sleep before two during the week.
    Then at weekends usually much later.
    When Im not in work/college the next day though I could feasibly sleep till 6/7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

kerash wrote: »
    I don't have school or college:( (i have Responsibilities:eek:) estebancambias and square igloo are makin me feel old!
    How old are you? Go on..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

How old are you? Go on..... :)

Well thats the thing, i'm not much older than ye! but sometimes i feel jealous old with all the talk of college etc.

Advertisement