Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food and Drink

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Do you make your own, order or hit a 24 hr spot? I've gone recently got a chicken sandwich with bacon, lettuce, cheese and then off to get a chocolate shake. Big snack but I get hungry at odd times of day. What is your snack of choice?

Poll Closed 5 votes

Ancient Poll Closed
    0%
    Oh Noes
    100%
    pigeonbutlerkowloonbanjopaulfonpoknoBJC 5 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cheese on toast if I'm eating from home. Ordering in it's either cantonese duck, egg fried rice and chicken balls or a chicken and pepperoni pizza.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Cream crackers with cheese, mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

anything from crunchy nut cornflakes, to peanut butter &choc spread sambos, jelly beans, tuc, digestives, although I'd love pizza right now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

star-pants wrote: »
    anything from crunchy nut cornflakes, to peanut butter &choc spread sambos, jelly beans, tuc, digestives, although I'd love pizza right now

Have you tried digestives with butter on them?
    It's years since I have but it's good! They were all my sister ate years ago when she was 'vegetarian' for a few weeks. :p

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Have you tried digestives with butter on them?
    It's years since I have but it's good! They were all my sister ate years ago when she was 'vegetarian' for a few weeks. :p

oh hell yes I have - tis yummy...mmm might have them later...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Im gonna say it.

Crumpets!

I quite like the odd penguin in the wee small hours.

24 hour Tesco out where I live, I love wandering down in the pitch black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Gotta love 24 hr spots. Something beautiful about wandering the massive aisles in shops and not a soul around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I am quite the crumpet fan
    Also kudos to Koka Noodles, Nutella on Crackers, and also Doritititos

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

When I was on night shift, my foods mostly consisted of a 2 litre pot of tea (no, I'm not kidding), some croissants/pasteries and whatever might've been in the fridge that looked acceptable. The joys of having a hotel kitchen all to yourself! :D

Actually, I found that I ate very little really.

[edit]
    24 hour Tescos FTW!
    When I was still living at home, I used to play a lot of poker with my friends after work (12am - 5am) and there was a big 24 hour Tesco next door which was all kinds of win.

tea , crumpets, pastries.. all good!!

confound you M&S for being out of crumpets all week *shakes fist*

my friend once ran into Tescos at like half 3 am to buy a white tshirt and some tinfoil. Bet she got odd looks lol

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    Gotta love 24 hr spots. Something beautiful about wandering the massive aisles in shops and not a soul around. :)

Yes, tis an almost spiritual experience. Don't do it listening to spooky music though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'll eat largely that same at night as i will during the day.

You haven't had a steak till you've had one at 3am.

tea , crumpets, pastries.. all good!!

confound you M&S for being out of crumpets all week *shakes fist*

my friend once ran into Tescos at like half 3 am to buy a white tshirt and some tinfoil. Bet she got odd looks lol

Ok, I will bite. Why was she looking for tin foil and a white t shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

For me it's one of two choices, depending on hunger and laziness levels

1) Cheddar cheese on white bread, with Tayto cheese and onion crisps and YR sauce.

2) Cheddar cheese, diced onion, sliced ham/chorizo, sliced tomato and YR sauce on white bread, all toasted in a George Foreman grill :)

Now I'm hungry :(

a streak or a steak Dragan?

SDooM -- I'm not quite sure, she's an artist and a bit kooky

kooky
    Mmmmmmmm.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Crisp sandwiches for me. ;)

a streak or a steak Dragan?

SDooM -- I'm not quite sure, she's an artist and a bit kooky

Oh yes, a friend of mine sister is one of them. Usually nice enough if you don't cross their artistic path. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

last night at half four got a bit peckish so had a little snack.packet of crisps then a toasted cheese,turkey and ham sandwich,a slice of cake,two mini packets of malteasers and a bowl of noodles.took me around half an hour just to eat it.

im fat on the insid:o

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hoola Hoops, at least the 7pk variety with Galaxy chocolate.

An asortment of cheese, the smelly'r the better, on water crackers.

French roll, toasted, with chunky peanut butter, belgian choc spread and a drizzle of honey.

All washed down with a full bodied Red wine, I try to get 14% proof !!

I think I'll have to go out and treat myself tonight

• Advertisement

Midnight Feasts are the highlight of any day for me.

Ooooooh crisp sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

I eat steaks or pork chops with doritos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Im the snacker thats willing to wait a few minutes.. I can be pootering or watchin teh box .. the crispiest (not burnt) grilled rashers in a toasty sambo.. with a runny fried egg with a sprinkle of salt, ketchup optional.

On a seperate note.. I make a fry up that feeds like a feast. Fried potatoe is something that gets often left out.. none of this low fat ****e either. Toast with with Kerry Gold..

/eats keyboard

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Abigayle wrote: »
    On a seperate note.. I make a fry up that feeds like a feast. Fried potatoe is something that gets often left out.. none of this low fat ****e either. Toast with with Kerry Gold..

My Hero :D

Abigayle wrote: »
    Im the snacker thats willing to wait a few minutes.. I can be pootering or watchin teh box .. the crispiest (not burnt) grilled rashers in a toasty sambo.. with a runny fried egg with a sprinkle of salt, ketchup optional.

/eats keyboard

... Now I wants me some fried potatos....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

SDooM wrote: »

Would you like that mixed with sexy omlettey bits and slivers of onion?

/homer drool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

SDooM wrote: »

Yeah me too...

*Wanders off to fry everything in the fridge*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

A midnight pizza. I like pepperoni and mushroom. If I have more time on my hands I like to make something myself. Bruschetta's are brilliant. Take a french stick and add tomato puree, garlic, olives (optional) and grated cheese. Done in the grill or sometimes an oven. Terrific.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Anything cheese related (crackers and cheese, cheese on toast etc) - I don't hold with this cheese gives you nightmares theory or microwave popcorn and biscuits.

I often get very hungry at 11 at night, no matter how big my dinner was and I cant sleep if I don't eat something. I think it's because I can't eat breakfast (physically can't eat for 2 hours after waking up or I start to gag!)

Advertisement