Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night of a Thousand Corsets - Beers, June 20th D2 Harcourt Street *change of venue*

Options
  • 14-05-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Yes folks it's time for some Midsummer Madness right here on BGRH. Our next official Beers is moving to the Great Outdoors. No, we haven't lost the run of ourselves, we have, however, got ourselves the finest beer garden in Dublin (it says here).

Note: Due to the lack of warm fuzzy feeling about Dicey Riley's, and due to their management refusing to accommodate latecomers, we have changed venue to D2. In true BGRH style, it is only a couple of meters up the road

What: Night of a Thousand Corsets, the BGRH Midsummer Beers (Ladies, you know what you have to do)
    Were: D2 Harcourt Street. Map here.
    When: Friday, June 20th
    Time: 5:30pm till late

All are welcome, especially lurkers, newbies and Brothers recently banned from the Soccer forum.

If you don't want to walk into a room full of strangers, don't worry! PM me, or any of the regulars and we can make arrangements to meet beforehand. We do this all the time. Just ask GrahamThomas.

Serious Note: As we all know, the internet is full of weird and wonderful people. It brings people together for many, many reasons. We here on BGRH use it to go on the piss together. Some people use it to, well, piss on each other. Seriously. At a recent unofficial beers, a newbie ended up in the middle of a swingers party, details here. So kids, for your own protection, make sure you get your tin of condensed milk and make the Internet a safer place.

Will you be attending 106 votes

Yes, gimme beer, sunshine and teh wimmins
    0%
    No, I is scared
    74%
    ShiminayLemmingTom DunneBKtjeAngryBadgerjustsomeblokeNevynSteve_ormacmgerireZaphThe Recliner_blank_Lucy LuSoulessAdamRozabeezlegspinpanda100Splinter 79 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    25%
    jor elKoldDon1Barabooforbairt[Deleted User]meditraitoromb0wyn5ehpij9homerjay2005DayshaMiss FluffDorddavyjosefermoyboypatrickchere.from.day.1big bCaptain DarlingDirk_digbeeLouOB 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

No, I is scared
    finally I can start officially harrasing the wimmins to see which one are going to the beers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Atari Jaguar
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    All are welcome, especially lurkers, newbies and Brothers recently banned from the Soccer forum.

??????????????

Anyway, being a Friday I don't suppose I'll get there.
    I'll expect pics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, I is scared
    jsb wrote: »
    finally I can start officially harrasing the wimmins to see which one are going to the beers

What have I told you before about harassing teh wimmins? You can't be using this, or your little "problem" as excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No, I is scared
    Don't forget yore Condensed Milk if this is you are a BGRH Beers n00b.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

No, I is scared
    im free brother, so i cant see why i wont be there!! look forward to it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

OooOo. Is there a theme? :pac:

No, I is scared
    What have I told you before about harassing teh wimmins? You can't be using this, or your little "problem" as excuses.

sorry to late I have already started http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55932225&postcount=312 :D:D

No, I is scared
    DesF wrote: »
    Don't forget yore Condensed Milk if this is you are a BGRH Beers n00b.

Thank you Brother DesF. Post amended accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

No, I is scared
    WindSock wrote: »

Corsets for the wimmins, leers for the brothers!

No, I is scared

Yip. Boobies.

• Advertisement

No, I is scared
    condensed milk?! mind if i ask y?

No, I is scared
    condensed milk?! mind if i ask y?

Yes we do. Read the Wiki. It's linked in the charter, which is in a sticky at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

No, I is scared
    Okay, i'm saying it right now i will be there, condensed milk in hand.

Tom, if i don't make this one you can ban me.

No, I is scared
    Sticky this thread, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmmm. Dare I brave my first boards beers?

No, I is scared
    Dragan wrote: »
    Okay, i'm saying it right now i will be there, condensed milk in hand.

Tom, if i don't make this one you can ban me.

I'll hold you to that. :D
    Hmmm. Dare I brave my first boards beers?

Do, do, do. It's a hoot. PM me, or any of the regulars if you want to meet up somewhere beforehand. Just ask GrahamThomas how it went for him last time. ;)

No, I is scared
    POINT OF NOTE

can who ever booked this find out if people coming will have to pay in, cause AFAIK they started charging something like a €5 cover charge from a ridiculously early time like 8p.m.

No, I is scared
    jsb wrote: »
    POINT OF NOTE

can who ever booked this find out if people coming will have to pay in, cause AFAIK they started charging something like a €5 cover charge from a ridiculously early time like 8p.m.

I'll have my people look into it.

Yip. Boobies.

There will be a load of tits going :pac:

No, I is scared
    Here's an idea.

If they say people do have to pay in after 8, tell them you are organising a party, and if the people have "invites", can they be absolved of the charge.

Then, make up a printable "ticket" that people can PM you for, they print it off themselves in work or whatever, and when they arrive they show the ticket.

Only available by PM in the couple of days before the event.

I'd be willing to help with this, if we had a team of, say, four or five "ticket givers", that could cover it.

Otherwise tell them you are expecting a crowd of about 40 people, who drink a LOT, and you'll take the business elsewhere if they say they are charging in.

• Advertisement

No, I is scared
    Yes we do. Read the Wiki. It's linked in the charter, which is in a sticky at the top of the forum.

duely read and noted!! :D

No, I is scared
    There will be a load of tits going :pac:

Once they arrive in pairs then it's all good.

No, I is scared
    Here's an idea.

If they say people do have to pay in after 8, tell them you are organising a party, and if the people have "invites", can they be absolved of the charge.

Then, make up a printable "ticket" that people can PM you for, they print it off themselves in work or whatever, and when they arrive they show the ticket.

I'd be willing to help with this, if we had a team of, say, four or five "ticket givers", that could cover it.

Otherwise tell them you are expecting a crowd of about 40 people, who drink a LOT, and you'll take the business elsewhere if they say they are charging in.

also have your people look into getting free platters, We had a function there a while back and they provided some free platters

N.B. if you do get free food I'd advise against using the dips there was a case of food posioning that we pretty much put down to them after we were there

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

No, I is scared
    As an occasional lurker I think I must just attend this purely to give my corset an outing. I will try and bring my bald man with me, unforunately he has no beer gut, try as I might to feed him up.

Condensed milk may be a problem as none of my local supermarkets seem to stock it as I was looking for some for baking the other day.

No, I is scared
    Condensed milk may be a problem as none of my local supermarkets seem to stock it as I was looking for some for baking the other day.
    The joy of it is that if you can't find one you can substitute and make your own.

Me? I'll be going the arty route.

Warhol has nothing on me!

Dragan wrote: »
    Once they arrive in pairs then it's all good.

There should be a good few people knockering about so.

No, I is scared

hmmmmm it's a toughie but I think if you being cake for the rest of it we maybe able to overlook the condensed milk. So that woulf be enough cake for around 20 of the main brothers at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

No, I is scared
    I will be there for sure, last one was a good laugh. Gotta put faces to names and things like that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

No, I is scared
    Here's an idea.

are you going?
    am i allowed go to this one?

• Advertisement

No, I is scared
    irishbird wrote: »
    am i allowed go to this one?

Of course you are, pet.

In fact, I insist you go to this one. :p

Advertisement