Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebuyer.com - delivery costs not too bad

Options
  • 13-01-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

It use to be very expensive to have anything delivered from ebuyer but with the weakness in sterling, it's worth checking out the prices of ebuyer against komplett and pixmania. For something like a 22" monitor it was working out at about €22 for delivery, which I think, is a good bit less than it use to be. I ordered a 22" monitor + speakers and saved myself over €110 against the same order from pixmania although delivery for me was €28 because the speakers were very heavy.

If you do decide to register with them you need to use REP123 (no spaces) for the postcode. I was unable to get the system to accept an Irish mobile phone no, but it eventually accepted a Dublin landline number in the format of 3531xxxxxxx (where the xxxxxxx is your 7 digit number)

I'll come back to the thread if there are any problems with the order (I paid through google checkout).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

typed in garbage to register and check postage on an lcd - could not get it to go with anything other than a uk address e.g. typing in dublin when checking out still displayed UK... what way did you get around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I didn't think they delivered to Ireland fill stop....including Northern Ireland.
    Would love to know how you get on with Ebuyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Mate of mine ordered from them and order processed ok. Few hours later they cancelled the order because the credit card was not issued in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The shipping costs are available for Ireland on their website - quite easy to figure it out.

After making your order they change the delivery to match too.

I've been buying off them since 2003 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

great site for honest customer reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Just checked the site now and the shipping has indeed come down .
    It used to be a flat £25 plus Vat to Ireland.
    I used to buy big orders years ago but stopped due to the high shipping charges.
    Handy,good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

podgeandrodge, I typed in my real name and address and phone number (in the format I outlined in the origional post), along with the postcode REP123. The tricky part was getting it to accept the phone number - had to be exactly that format (ie no spaces).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I ordered a 20" LCD and digital camera before Xmas, shipping only cost €14 and had it within 3 days. No problems using an Irish credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I tried registering with them a few times but couldn't seem to find any option for Irish credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Ebuyer.com's Shipping and Handling page: [Link]

• Advertisement

Monotype, I paid using google checkout and so avoided having to give ebuyer my credit card details, and also avoided having to do a security check.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

I tried to use thier www ages ago but gave up as it seemed to be a UK only site. Will give it another try sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I ordered a cam-corder off them a couple of weeks ago, was delivered last week. Spoke to customer services to get the account working. To register an irish address, as mentioned, set your post code to REP123. If your phone number isn't accepted, put in any UK phone number you like (I googled Ebuyer and got an 0870 number for their building because it won't accept the area code 0871) then call Customer Services to get them to change the phone number on your account. When they did that with mine, it was registered as "01abc defg" where 01 is the area code, and I've cunningly disguised my phone number as the first 7 letters of the alphabet.

The girl in CS said that they never use the phone number for anything, including verification of credit card against billing information, so if you don't bother calling them it might never be a problem (but don't come crying to me or her when your widescreen telly doesn't arrive :) )

masterK wrote: »
    I ordered a 20" LCD and digital camera before Xmas, shipping only cost €14 and had it within 3 days. No problems using an Irish credit card.
    Cudnt be true. i used an irish credit card and they sent me an email hours later telling me that my order was converted to a quote due to using an irish credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Cudnt be true. i used an irish credit card and they sent me an email hours later telling me that my order was converted to a quote due to using an irish credit card

Believe me the only credit card I have is an Irish one. Maybe that LCD and camera I ordered was a figment of my imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

M!Ck^ wrote: »

It appears that they do not seem to be to clear of their own procedures. This is what happened one of the guys who works with me. Ordered => Item accepted => 2 hours later item cancelled. He rang customer service to find out what was going on and was informed he could not purchase using an 'Irish' credit card.

As much as he tried to argue his case the manager of customer service would not back down and when he queried them about the fact there was Irish shipping rates on the website they relented a bit and said they'd ship the item if he could pay with an English credit card. :eek: They clearly have issues with their procedures so even if an order is accepted I'd have reservations because if they are that bad in sales I'd hate to see the returns department.

With regard to payment, just use google checkout. To the best of my knowledge you shouldn't have a problem setting up a google checkout account with an Irish credit card.

With regard to my current order with ebuyer, there was a problem with the consignment number they gave me as City Link tracking system did not recognise it as a valid one. Eventually, using another ref. no the tracking system gave me a different consignment no. which Nightline couriers here in Ireland confirmed is for me. Nightline are now trying to find out if the package is still in City Links central hub located in the West Midlands or if its on its way to Ireland. Incidentally, there are an awful lot of complaints about City Link in the ebuyer forums.

Everything arrived yesterday morning as Nightline said it would and thankfully everything seems to be in working order. Eights days after the initial order is a bit slower than I would like but the problem seems to have been with City-link courier. The delay wouldn't stop me using ebuyer again if the price was right. I think ordering through Google checkout was the key to a hassle free order as there was no security check and as a consequence only automated interaction between ebuyer and myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Ordered an item on the 16th with them, arrived yesterday morning. No problems whatsoever with the process, registration, placing order with 'Irish' credit card, order processing all went fine.

Not once did I have to contact the company nor they me with the exception of a quick call to allow me to change my phone number on the contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭KO

How much were the delivery charges on both of your items if you don't mind me asking? And were they heavy items?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Ordered on the 15th and haven't received anything yet. It was due yesterday. Hope it arrives soon
    How much were the delivery charges on both of your items if you don't mind me asking? And were they heavy items?

I ordered a webcam and the postage was approx. £10. Still worked out cheaper than pixmania and komplett though.

I also used Google Checkout and everything went smoothly

KO, my delivery was heavy as it included a set of 5.1 speakers and a 22" monitor. Cost about €28 for delivery in total, but would have been about €21 for the monitor on its own.

Well my ordered was charged and processed last friday. its due today, but my status of delivery has been stuck on invoiced since monday morning.. any ideas?

Mick, my order was stuck on 'Invoiced' for about three days before it changed to 'Pick in Progress'. If the status doesn't change soon you will have to ring them as they are currently taking ages to respond to eNote's.

great news :/ nothing seems to go right for me lately. what number do i ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Has anyone used 3v vouchers to order from these guys? Reading the comments they seem hit and miss when it comess to this island. I mean, come on, having to enter a secret postcode, what that about? But they seem to be excellent value compared to the likes of komplett and pixmania.

edit, seems people have had more luck using google checkout, can i sign up to that using 3v?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

just got the foreign credit card error, if they dont want my money I wont be using them ever again. I hate these Uk sites that supposedly ship to Ireland but make you jump through hoops to get some delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone got experience with them recently?

ive ordered a laptop from them and got a tracking number that didnt work, so i emailed them an eNote and got a tracking number which now works.

however, it was sent last friday, and when i track it today it says Delivery Failed at 10.39am this morning, now no attempt at delivery was made.....

so i rang city link and was bounced around to over a handful of departments, eventually got the Nightline depot nearest to me on the phone after being given their number

they have no reference of my tracking number, or my name, he even rang the driver in my area who confirmed he had no package for delivery for me..

where to go from here? has someone run off with it or what

anyone any experience with nightline? my tracking number is similar to this "YBE12345"

Hi BArra, from what I can remember it took 8 or 9 days for my delivery to arrive so I wouldn't panic yet if you only ordered it last Wednesday or Thursday. Something similar happened to me with the tracking numbers, but the stuff arrived eventually. I remember thinking that if I needed something in a hurry I wouldn't order from ebuyer although their prices at the moment are great with the weakness of sterling against the euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

I have just made 2 orders from them this week, both using a 3v card and both went without a hitch.

Advertisement