Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Car Stereo with Bluetooth- 06/12/07

Options
  • 29-11-2007 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one?
    ANyone know the make/model?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20071206.p.CDCarRadiowithBluetoothMP3

CD Car Radio with Bluetooth & MP3

* Car Radio
    * CD Player
    * MP3/WMA Player
    * Bluetooth hands free speaking system
    * 4 x 40W output power
    * SD/MMC card & USB slot
    * Integrated microphone
    * Remote control
    * Removable flip-down front panel with protective casing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Probably a Welltech - seems to be a new model. I have one from about a year ago, works great, just stick in a USB key and away you go.

Check out this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055108024

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Good stuff, cheers.
    I'll take a look into it.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Does welltech have a site, can't seem to find it? Would like to look at the detailed specs...

Just got the catalogue and it's a silvercrest crb-530.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 coaxial

Ayone know if this radio has a record-to-usb/sd function like some previous models had?? very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭blackbox

Rambled in at lunchtime today...(Dec 6th).

ALL GONE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Yea you can record from the line in, radio or CD to USB or SD ... not to sure which.

Won't get to install mine for a while waiting on a converter kit for my leon mk1. My only concern is that the external MIC cord won't be long enough to keep it tidy ... hoping to run it behind the dash up the A frame.

The spec is unreal for the price though.

The manual is here .... http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=127&av=2
    should answer most questions people have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

are they hard to put in, and I assume i would need a special face plate or something as I have a built in Radio in the Vectra which is bigger than the normal front size of car radio's.

it also supports .ogg vorbis !!!! Glad to hear its a good spec for price.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, you'll need a fascia adaptor.

You could try your nearest Halfords or ICE retailer, otherwise maybe incarexpress.co.uk online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭blackbox

Was in Athy this evening (6th) and they had about a dozen - bought one!

Looks very nice, but it might be a while until I get it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Does anyone know if the external mic plugs in to the front or the back of the unit?
    (If it's the front then that's not ideal as you have to choose between your minijack input or being able to use the phone functionality)

EDIT: just reading the manual from your link whitey, it seems to be in the back which is good! Cheers!

• Advertisement

some of the older aldi/lidl units were a pain to install unless you knew a bit of car wiring but the manual with this is very detailed and all the wiring is labeled (in the manual)...if you need converter kits try http://www.nexxia.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

There was 2 dozen or so left in tuam Lidl today at 11:00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

they have roughly the same in Greystones, picked one up there at 4pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Does anyone know if it's still available in any of the stores near the city centre?

Loads left in shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Not mad on the Look of that stereo.. Slightly OT i'd go for something like a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 Bluetooth stereo. pr one of the Sony BT stereos, the sony ones are only 50 or 60 dearer.

I just got a seperate bluetooth car kit, so am waiting for something without bluetooth...

Got one and installed it - fab for the price!!!

One thing though, if I connect phone to radio via bluetooth manually, it works 100%, but when it connects automatically (after turning radio on), it disconnects after about 10 seconds..???

I've a sonyericsson k750i.

Anyone having this prob, or found a way round it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I've mine installed aswell, very pleased with it. Simple to install and works a charm.

I'm not having that problem Coaxial, perhaps try another phone in case its the phone, otherwise return asap and you may get a replacement, before they have sold out.

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I've mine installed aswell, very pleased with it. Simple to install and works a charm.

I'm not having that problem Coaxial, perhaps try another phone in case its the phone, otherwise return asap and you may get a replacement, before they have sold out.
    thanks Qwerty,

will try ring silvercrest first tomorrow, will then look for replacement if that fails...... hope there's one left in shop....bloody great radio;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i've just installed mine works great with a k800i easy set up (apart from taking the dash apart) and having a coax plug rather than socket (luckily local motofactor fixed that.
    thanks to whoever posted the links for iso converters that made installation on my nissan much simpler - thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I bought one of these today in Lidl in Deansgrange, and was really easy to install. Its a great stereo though, and the bluetooth works great! Only thing is that the slot for the radio antenna is wrong... but I'm sure I'll find an adapter easy enough :)

jenizzle wrote: »
    I bought one of these today in Lidl in Deansgrange, and was really easy to install. Its a great stereo though, and the bluetooth works great! Only thing is that the slot for the radio antenna is wrong... but I'm sure I'll find an adapter easy enough :)
    good for you!

can i ask, when the bluetooth is connected, does the blue bti light remain lit, or flash?
    mine remains lit for 10 to 20 seconds, then starts to flash, but calls are still diverted to car stereo from phone... K750i

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i got an aerial adapter in the local motor factors jenizzle

coax

bluetooth light stays on all the time when connected

you tried your phone with a bluetooth headset does it do the same
    can you try the radio with a different phone - at least that will tell you if its the radio or the phone !

i got an aerial adapter in the local motor factors jenizzle

yep, I got one today in Halfords for a fiver... radio is now sorted... lovely jubbley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

How do you all find the reception on this radio?

Its a good bit worse than my OEM radio.
    I do need an aerial amplifier, which is installed, but it is still not near the same.

Anyone know how the reception compares again other aftermarket radios?

I'm having the same problem ... installed booster for my leon.

PC5-90.jpg

I wired the blue connection to the aerial lead from the head unit (also blue .. even removed some of the insulation so I had bare copper ) its 12V 0.5A coming from the head unit but reception is still bad. I'm thinking of trying to wire it to the ignition lead to see if there's more juice coming from that but i'm afraid i'd blow the amp in the aerial ????

The issue only seems to affect cars that have an amp in the aerial ... cars that don't seem to to be fine. Anyone installed it in a leon or toledo yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

Yep. Exact same as I got.
    I've a Leon Cupra.

I used the connection block that came with the radio and added pins to the end of the wires and just put them into the corresonding ones in the Leon's plug. Then added connections for the amplifier to the blue wire on the connector and connected them together.
    Also found i had to reverse the yellow and red wires.

Just want to know if i go to the hassle of trying another head unit will the reception be the same - therefore i should not bother and may think about going back to the original with the cd changer.
    Let me know if you get it working better
    Thanks

Why did you have to reverse the yellow and red wires ... I didn't ??? The head unit provides 12V 0.5A on the blue wire I wonder does the Aura system provide more power to the amp. I found that whether I had the blue connected or not made no difference at all.

FM reception is annoying but I really don't want to go back to my tape deck. Everything else on the head unit is great matches the dashboard lights and all. I might try the ignition wire tomorrow!

• Advertisement

^whitey^ wrote: »
    Why did you have to reverse the yellow and red wires ... I didn't ???

I had to because everytime I turned off my car, the station memory would disappear, and was very annoying! My reception isn't all that bad though.

And it seems that only Seats have problems with these radios!

Advertisement