Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primetime tonight, 9:30pm RTE1

Options
  • 18-09-2007 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

As far as I know theres a section tonight on online gambling, with a short interview with me in it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

As far as I know theres a section tonight on online gambling, with a short interview with me in it.

DEADLY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Nice one, I'll watch that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ste05 wrote:
    Nice one, I'll watch that.
    You back or just visiting?

On topic, I'll make sure to switch over to this once the football ends then, hopefully it will be a balanced report for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

5starpool wrote:
    You back or just visiting?
    Just visiting I'm afraid, still waiting on a phoneline to be installed... :(

Back on topic, just Sky+ it then you can listen to HJ over and over again... :) I'm looking forward to this actually, I wonder will they be able to edit HJ to sound like a degenerate, cos if there's one poker player who isn't a degen it's HJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Ste05 wrote:
    Just visiting I'm afraid, still waiting on a phoneline to be installed... :(

Back on topic, just Sky+ it then you can listen to HJ over and over again... :) I'm looking forward to this actually, I wonder will they be able to edit HJ to sound like a degenerate, cos if there's one poker player who isn't a degen it's HJ.

What odds that he wear's a SUIT????

Am I right HJ...lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

i've spent 3 years using my charm, carisma, and stunning looks in an attempt to make the Irish poker scene sexy...

...and then they stick that geek on the telly

anyone know who i can sue????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

bops wrote:
    i've spent 3 years using my charm, carisma, and stunning looks in an attempt to make the Irish poker scene sexy...

...and then they stick that geek on the telly

anyone know who i can sue????

Your genes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Ollieboy wrote:
    What odds that he wear's a SUIT????

Am I right HJ...lol

better chance of him wearing his birthday suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I got a text from the producer and its going to be shown this Thursday rather than tonight. What I was wearing will remain as a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Shell tracksuit, fake tache and a wig..

scouser.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I got a text from the producer and its going to be shown this Thursday rather than tonight. What I was wearing will remain as a surprise!

i wonder if thats the truth??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Flushdraw wrote:
    Shell tracksuit, fake tache and a wig..

scouser.jpg

Tony I take it thats a self portrait, striking resemblance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Tony I take it thats a self portrait, striking resemblance

Well before i groom myself its pretty close.....*now where did i put that shiny adidas tracktop*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Ace2007 wrote:
    i wonder if thats the truth??

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭coillcam

Flushdraw wrote:
    scouser.jpg

EH EH EH EH EH. Alrite mate, calm dowin calm dowin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Makes more sense to show it on Thursday given that tomorrow sees the release of Britain's 2nd population prevalence study on gambling which shows a huge increase in the number of problem gamblers, mostly due to online gambling.

As to what HJ will be wearing?
    Before started online gambling photo:
    monoclemanzh6.gif

After started online gambling photo:
    homelessman3bigju9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

hotspur wrote:
    Makes more sense to show it on Thursday given that tomorrow sees the release of Britain's 2nd population prevalence study on gambling which shows a huge increase in the number of problem gamblers, mostly due to online gambling.

It'll also show a ginormous increase in the number of non-problem gamblers, those who enjoy using their leisure $ to have an online flutter.
    But I doubt that side of the study will be touched upon by the rent-a-quote columnists in the DailyMail etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭mrflash

what surprises me is that there is no big story about what annette_15 said. that could be the worst thing for poker in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

What did she say Mr Flash? And i'm expecting nothing less then anti-gambling propagandist ****e from Prime Time. A relative of mine appeared on the show in the past and his interview was heavily edited to make it look like he was on the polar opposite side of the debate then what he actually was on. Was quite amusing, not for him mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭mrflash

shoutman wrote:
    What did she say Mr Flash? And i'm expecting nothing less then anti-gambling propagandist ****e from Prime Time. A relative of mine appeared on the show in the past and his interview was heavily edited to make it look like he was on the polar opposite side of the debate then what he actually was on. Was quite amusing, not for him mind.
    she announced to the media that she had been playing real money online poker since she was fifteen years of age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

shoutman wrote:
    A relative of mine appeared on the show in the past and his interview was heavily edited to make it look like he was on the polar opposite side of the debate then what he actually was on. Was quite amusing, not for him mind.

I think I saw that, it was the paedophilia episode yeah? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

something like this luke?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Tony.jpg v nye-calm-down.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

lol. scary likeness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

man, cant believe i watched 30 minutes of that last night. without doubt, the most boring old farts ever allowed on television.

nearly as bad as liverpool against porto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Ray Darcy is talking a bit about poker and gambling now.
    He was on about the PS advert that was on RTE during the all-ireland final on sunday. I was quite shocked about this as well, I also seen an add from Full Tilt on TV3 during the rugby as well.
    Just shocked by the fact that this was the first time I ever seen poker adds on Irish TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ugh, lead question: 'should online gambling be banned?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

nh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Missed it! Is it on RTE.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

They spent too much time talking about how online gambling ruins families and how you can lose your house in a matter of minutes

Advertisement