Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieved a threat via pm

Options
  • 02-05-2007 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

This is actually pissing me off quite a bit as I do have numerous cats and I love them to bits. There was a topic in personal issues where one member said he would kill the cats that were coming into his garden. After I replied I found this in my pm box.
    Thanks for your kind message.

I am now going to say a prayer that you live near me and that it's your cats coming into my garden.

Thanks again.

here is the link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055086645&page=2

User is Ballyman
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You think that was out of line, how about this post
    What a lovely attitude. I hope somebody slits your kids throat when they break their first window.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Was this the reply that sparked the angry PM?
    What a lovely attitude. I hope somebody slits your kids throat when they break their first window.

Because that's bound to ruffle a few feathers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 GarraiGamhain

His was a direct and real threat and mine was just a comment.

You hope his kids get their throats cut. You honestly think that's an acceptable thing to say to anybody, you honestly think you're the victim here? He didn't threaten you. You sir need to get a clue...

He didn't threaten you.
    No but he threatened Minxy and Snuffles and they are my family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

You hoped something happened to him and he prayed something happened to you. Not particularly a "direct" threat... or "real"

your "comment" seems worse to me

No but he threatened Minxy and Snuffles and they are my family.

They are animals. Children are people. If you fail to see the difference between wishing harm onto an animal and wishing harm onto a child, then you really need to step away from the computer and get out more.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You have come up on my radar more than once this last few days.
    After your OTT comment in PI, I see no reason whatsoever to even consider this to be a genuine complaint.
    You're on a fine line right now with regards to just how long more you'll have access to this site if you continue as you are.

But he was not wishing harm or hoping for it. He said that he was going to kill the cats that were around his garden. THen he said he hoped that they were my cats. I don't know where he lives so there is every chance this murderer will kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

But it's ok for you to say you hope *someone* slits his kids' throats.

You don't sound like a very nice person at all.

• Advertisement

So what his happening with this? I would like the user banned but more importantly I need to be given his details. His IP, any email address or phone numbers so I can go to the Gardai with this.

So what his happening with this? I would like the user banned but more importantly I need to be given his details. His IP, any email address or phone numbers so I can go to the Gardai with this.
    Rofl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Too early for cat pics I suppose :rolleyes:

Nah

deadcat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

yes, yes very important...

You need to stop and breath for a second your request is just silly and if you had any sense you would drop it around about now.

A curse on all your souls.

W00t.

I have no soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Dear Gardai,
    a user on the internet hoped he lived near me and that my cats would go into his garden. I'd like a conviction please".

hmm, do I smell troll or is it just my own breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

And I thought a pheonix was a mythical creature...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

GarraiGamhain I would suggest you take a moment off to go calm down even kidding about wishing ill of someones children isn't really on. Take a moment to catch your breath for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The original troll wasn't amusing (cat lover? bleh) but the "I need his IP address to inform the gardai" bit was good. I've checked and it's from 64.86.142.9.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I'm sure they'll drop whatever else they're doing to hunt this heinous criminal down..fancy threatening Mrs Crappy and Mr Smelly!
    Btw,i hate cats and people who keep them,to my mind there's usually something fundamentally wrong with cat-owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

A curse on all your souls.

If that includes me I would like you to pm me your IP address, phone number, real name and penis size so I can contact my local church.

Lads, quit it with the 'humourous' comments. We're talking about the lives of innocent cats here and your unfunny joking is taking away from that fact. Thank you for the IP I will see what I can do with this guy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I hope he does live near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

funny stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

troll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

And the winner of the all time funniest thread goes to......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Lads, quit it with the 'humourous' comments. We're talking about the lives of innocent cats here and your unfunny joking is taking away from that fact. Thank you for the IP I will see what I can do with this guy.

Are you ok ? I mean it really...

If you need some help I am sure someone here can give you advise , but I you go to the guards that will be far more interested in your post about dead children than anyone's interest in your cats...

put if theats to cats was a crime my dog would be serving a life sentence.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement