Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] Heroes - 1x17 - Company Man [*Spoilers*] Now with Poll!

Options
  • 26-02-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

My dear cousins in canada aired heroes a day early :D

From tv.com
    Matt Parkman and Ted Sprague arrive in Texas in search of answers and take HRG and his family hostage. More is revealed about Mr. Bennet, the agency for which he works, and how he found Claire.

What did you think of this weeks episode? 81 votes

Amazing
    0%
    Great
    66%
    TwoShedsJacksongandalfGrand_IzerNietzscheanDont be at yourselfIvanMossy MonkStarkScruffCabaalc0y0teMr EGavin WGerardKeatingradiospanKevokjor elLFCFanpassiveAdMMM 54 votes
    Okay
    29%
    PiEDSGoodshapeBig Earstbafunky penguinthe-ginghshorttthelordofcheeseBlackWizardTweakyolerasSpider_Baby!The_HustlerVegetaJack B. BaddL31mr0dHo-HumkgcviperDman001 24 votes
    Bad
    3%
    laykeDr4gul4Catsmokinpot 3 votes
    So terrible it almost triggered me to go nuclear
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was sure it was a fake but nope.. review when i get home from work!

:D

Boo-yah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Gets better and better. Lots of questions answered.....but more created :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Great
    yep another brilliant episode,
    does this discredit most of the opinions of how the showdown with sylar will go now that two of the characters are in lock-up and look like they will be there for the foreseable future. will the Haitian take claire and go looking for claude and peter and then try and break them out?

also who will be leading the chase against the heroes now that mr. bennett is gone.will there be someone new or will that guy take over and howcome hiro wasnt taken to the company as his father knows about his powers and they are supposed to turn everyone in.

and what powers does the new chick have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Okay
    My cousins were a bit slow this week, only got around to seeing it there.

Pretty good episode, so many things coming together. And on the plus side i hope to see alot less of claire for the next few episodes. yes it's interesting, but there is only so long i can stomach her constant blubbering. I don't know about anyone else, but i though the whole walking out of her house with most of her skin charred was probably the biggest nod to wolverine yet. All she needed was a cigar and a canadian accent.

Good to get a bit of background on claude, i wonder which hero he was hiding, or have we yet to meet them?

And as someone pointed out Hiro is special, but his father doesn't seem to have turned him in.... maybe his father is alot like Mr bennet in that he's trying to protect his son. Or he simply doesn't believe that hiro has any powers, hiro has never told him as far as we know. And with hiros powers currently on the wane his father might just think he's a bit of a nerd with a less than firm grip on reality [read Hiro's blog to see what i mean]

And wheres the poll, i demand to vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Great
    i loved this episode. loved all the flashbacks and the whole nearly blowing up by Ted was kind of cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Great
    Great episode. This show just gets better and better! Love it! Loved Ted nearly going nuclear,loved Claire walking out of the house all charred and then healing. Matt working for the company? Interesting. I presume Bennett is not gone,the shooting was a obviously a cover so he didn't have to hand over claire and his memory wipe or memory adjustment was probably so that Matt wouldn't be able to read his mind and find out what really happened.

Some good back story on Bennett and Claude. As well as Hiro's father. Interesting to see how involved he really is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Great
    Hero's father hardly knows that his son has powers does he? All he knows is that he disappeared to the USA a couple of weeks ago.

For those who don't know, next week is the last episode of Season 1.

Ponster wrote:
    For those who don't know, next week is the last episode of Season 1.
    No, it's not. It's just a break for a couple of weeks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Great
    Yeah, I guessed that it should have 22 or 24 as normal but when they last took a break they at least had the title of the next episode displayed on tv.com

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Great
    Got to say it was a pretty good episode, especially like the bit with Claire walking out of the house regenerating, pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,181 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Great episode. A few answers, some good fleshing out of current characters and the introduction of a new one.
    I loved the whole set up of the company and that Claude used to work for them - guessing it's going to have been a woman that he hid from the company, presumably one we haven't met yet.

Was good to see baby Hiro even if we didn't get any 'realtime' updates on what's happening with him. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Great

I've added a poll... Vote away!

Yep.. fantastic stuff.

Guess we now finally know the answer on whether Mr Bennett was a good guy or bad guy after all - and his death was quite nicely done.

The question is why did Mr Bennett want to be shot the same place he shot Claude? How did Claude survive that? Am guessing Christopher Eccleston will be around for a couple more episodes to explain it.

Very interesting to see Hiro's father involved in all this - i was thinking once i saw "George Takei" in the credits at the start, how are they gonna involve him in this? Thinking back now, it's probably the reason Hiro's father came to get him in New York to bring him back to Tokyo. He knew that Bennett and / or the company would find him eventually.. and wanted to protect him.

Think it was my favourite episode of the season - we got a lot of answers, a lot of 'oh shit' moments, and more interaction between heroes (Parkman and Claire), the death of Bennett was very moving. And makes way for a helluva set-up for the final episodes of the season.

PS - did i mention how cool the black and white flashback moments were? Just downright stupendously directed.
    PPS - and was written by executive producer Bryan Fuller who's also has a very promising past having created two cult favourites - 'Dead Like Me' and 'Wonderfalls'

Great
    basquille wrote:
    the death of Bennett was very moving. And makes way for a helluva set-up for the final episodes of the season.
    Sheesh... pay attention... ha... he's not dead. He asked to be shot in the gut and have his memory wiped so it would look like the Haitian captured Claire from him.

Brilliant episode though.

Was the woman in the room near the end where they had Parkman on the operating the table the woman who was the technopath from last week who sent them both to Bennett's house in the first place?

Claire was certainly very much like Wolverine this week. Especially the fight he had with Nitro last year in the Civil War series... Nitro was a villian who could blow himself up.

Sheesh... pay attention... ha... he's not dead. He asked to be shot in the gut and have his memory wiped so it would look like the Haitian captured Claire from him.
    OK.. i may have drifted off a tad! :o Though what's the significance of the location.. that's annoying me!
    as the woman in the room near the end where they had Parkman on the operating the table the woman who was the technopath from last week who sent them both to Bennett's house in the first place?
    Yeah.. that's exactly who i though it was. The woman that showed up at Ted's hideout. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Great
    basquille wrote:
    Yeah.. that's exactly who i though it was. The woman that showed up at Ted's hideout. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    You know I was convinced that she was also in the house at the end of the last episode, so I was really confused at the beginning of this one.

Guess I wasn't paying attention last week.

Pretty sure she wasn't at the house last week. But i too find myself getting a tad confused sometimes the way they have a tendency of rolling back over scenes and repeat dialogue after a break / start of an episode.

For example: last week Parkman and Ted were in the middle of the confrontation with the Bennett's in their house. This week is opened with them breaking in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Great
    You know I was convinced that she was also in the house at the end of the last episode, so I was really confused at the beginning of this one.

not just me then. i thought she was there too. just looked at the end of last weeks and turns out she wasnt there at all

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

Great
    basquille wrote:
    ... and repeat dialogue after a break / start of an episode.

Repeat the dialogue in a different tone, last week, parkman said it with authority...
    "I bet you have a lot of questions... we all do..."

This week, he said it as if he was scared :P..

I just finished watching it ... great episode in a totally different way from 16.. i'll post an indepth review tomorrow along with two pictures from the episode :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Great
    Mr. Bennet wasnt killed, at least not my impression anyways.

The location that the whole last act took place at was significant in that that was where he had his showdown with Claude, but I guess thats not what you meant :p

The significance of where he was shot was that, as he said in the episode "2 inches higher and he's a dead man" so it looks believable.

Then the haitian went to the bother of wiping his memory afterwards.
    But you want to know who the new bad guy will be? I reckon it could quite easily still be Mr. Bennet. Without any memory of the whole incident that would incriminate him, how is he to know that he took part in claires escape?
    If they are to work so hard as to make it appear to the company that Mr. Bennet was carrying out his instructions, then by the same token it will appear to him that he was trying to follow instructions too. Therefore he will think he was on their side, thus he will be on their side...

In the end, he might have actually been better off just killing himself, which is what I thought they were originally going to do.

Fantastic episode though. I liked the brief flash of Claires skin peeling away as she approached ted, though I'm a little upset with the lack of radiation poisoning. Wasnt teds wife killed by his radiation and then ted is a few moments from going nuclear but everyone gets off with all their hair intact? Seems a bit of a rip off :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

woooooooooo! heroes is deadly.. hopefully it wont start gettin crap til season 3..
    what an ep! i like the way there's genuinely no character so central that they cant go a week without him/her making an appearance, the multiple storyline yoke is working so well!

oh and, id say mr bennet will still be the pursuer, there'll surely be a nice moment somewhere in a future ep of him pointin a gun/tranq gun at claire about to cart her away or something, her teary eyed "dad..somewhere inside you know that you love me more than this bla bla", lovely and dramatic!

Great
    Oh... and it looks like the fire where they found Claire took place on that same rooftop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This episode seemed like it belonged to a completely different TV series to me. And by that I mean that I thought it was ten times better than any of the previous episodes.

No 'outer limits' style voiceover, no dull Niki/Micah/DL storyline, no weighty exposition for Mohinder to painfully deliver, actually no Mohinder at all. All this resulted in an episode with a much more even tone which I hope they manage to maintain. I also thought that the shows best acting talent were all used for this episode.

It doesn't surprise me at all that it was written by Bryan Fuller, the Wonderfalls creator. Unfortunately I can't see them maintaining this high quality with the return of Mohinder and Peter 'Little Nicky' Petrelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Okay
    Cover Winkler in BEES!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Okay
    Good episode, although imo it wasn't as good as last weeks, so I gave it a "great" rating.

Few things still have me boggled:

1. Where did the girl who can transmit her thoughts to computers go? where did she come from? why was she introduced? I too thought she was in the Mr. Bennets house.

2. How was Parkman captured by the company? I mean one scene they where watching the fire burn down, the next they are both tied to tables at the paper company?

3. already mentioned, but why was nobody affected by radiation?

I had some more questions but I can't think of them right now.

Also, loved the flashbacks, LOST should take a leaf out of heroes book on how to do them. 16 years over a period of 40 minutes... booyah!

I also thought the whole effects around the scene with the guy going nuclear, the house burning and claires skin melting could of been taken from a boxoffice movie. I also love the effects they use to focus on someone really close to the camera and someone far away.

all in all, the last 2 episodes have really set the bar now for other shows and heroes to follow. Unlike LOST, I don't mind that they are going to be taking a break, because they are answering, or at least dealing with most of the mysteries and questions before the break. Although I hope they have a huge cliffhanger next week just to build the suspense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Talisman

L31mr0d wrote:
    1. Where did the girl who can transmit her thoughts to computers go? where did she come from? why was she introduced? I too thought she was in the Mr. Bennets house.
    You need to read the graphic novels to get the back story to her. She first appears in #13.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Okay
    ...makes sense, haven't really had the time to do that but I suppose with the 5 week gap coming up it will give me plenty of time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Oh... and it looks like the fire where they found Claire took place on that same rooftop again.

Nah, I think that's just where the handover of Claire to Mr Bennett happened, the fire was in Texas somewhere, was it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Okay
    Its in this weeks comic...

I like the way absolutely nobody has said
    OMG!!!! What happens to Simone?!?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great
    L31mr0d wrote:
    I also thought the whole effects around the scene with the guy going nuclear, the house burning and claires skin melting could of been taken from a boxoffice movie.
    I agree, but having said that, the effect of the door handle melting at the start was absolutely terrible....

Advertisement