Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-09-2006, 19:31   #16
copperwr

Hey, I've checked out the tamper switch and it was not snagged. It is also active, I know this coz the alarm blew the ears off me when I opened the panel to check it out. So after that, I replaced the panel and it still continues to chirp? Is it designed to drive me crazy? Does anyone think the problem might be something else?

In any case, I'm thinking about cutting it off altogether, I'm not using it and it's just driving me nuts - and I'm not paying 115 for an engineer to press a few buttons and hey presto!... so can anyone tell me how to cut it off safely, (maybe you want to pm me?)... I'd really appreciate it!
Rob
Advertisement
29-09-2006, 21:41   #17
Pataman

On the alarm panel press down twice and it will tell you what zones are open. I have never heard of the alarm chirping before.
30-09-2006, 11:25   #18
copperwr

Zones

When I press <down arrow> twice, it's telling me all zones are closed....
16-09-2009, 15:08   #19
rjp123

Aritech cs350 Low Battery - No code

Recently moved into new apartment and the control panel on the wall is showing low battery warning. I have read the posts re. replacing the battery in the main box, but unfortunately I do not have the code (neither does estate agent or past tenants). The installers are m+j electronics (01 6613022) but the number is no longer in use and i cant find any reference to them online. Any ideas? Id prefer not to open box and be entering guessed engineering codes while the alarm goes off too please.
Thanks
16-09-2009, 15:38   #20
rjp123

found installers telephone number and getting them to service and reprogram. FYI alarm wont go off if battery runs down but servicing now will save further problems down the line.
Advertisement
16-09-2009, 15:41   #21
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjp123 View Post
Recently moved into new apartment and the control panel on the wall is showing low battery warning. I have read the posts re. replacing the battery in the main box, but unfortunately I do not have the code (neither does estate agent or past tenants). The installers are m+j electronics (01 6613022) but the number is no longer in use and i cant find any reference to them online. Any ideas? Id prefer not to open box and be entering guessed engineering codes while the alarm goes off too please.
Thanks
Hi rjp123,
You need the user code to turn the panel off when you open the main box you have but you have no code. sometimes the panel is eng locked so cant be defaulted.
I will send you a pm with instructions..
Thanks from:
22-09-2009, 00:50   #22
BostonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by altor View Post
Hi rjp123,
You need the user code to turn the panel off when you open the main box you have but you have no code. sometimes the panel is eng locked so cant be defaulted.
I will send you a pm with instructions..
If its eng locked, is there nothing you can do with it?
22-09-2009, 20:32   #23
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonB View Post
If its eng locked, is there nothing you can do with it?
Hi BostonB,
If the panel is eng locked, it can be unlocked by replacing the chip in the panel. What this does is bring the panel back to factory settings allowing a new customer and eng code to be set up on the system plus it allows the reprogramming of the system.
Hope this helps..
25-09-2009, 10:28   #24
ceatharloch

Batteries, etc.

I have the same problem as the main poster in the thread, need a new battery,
and NIGHTGUARD in Galway City want 120 euro just for callout charge.

2 questions:

1) In the thread, is it (in principle) dangerous to go inside the box to change the
battery (i.e. if I touch the wrong part/wire, am I dead?!)

2) Can one of you describe what the battery itself looks like, before I go at the
box: e.g. is it cubic, rectangular, cylincrical, rough dimensions (so I know
what to look for in electrical store....)

Thanks everyone!
Michael
Advertisement
25-09-2009, 10:33   #25
ceatharloch

Opening Alarm Box

The "box" we have from ARITECH: Its in the "hot press" upstairs, large white box,
about 35cm x 25cm x 12 cm. It has two antenna (about 10cm) long on top (we have
a key fob for remote control). Does that sound like the right box?

Also - to earlier posters - where are the 2 screws to open the box (left side, right side,
or underneath)? Thanks.

Michael

ps - I have also a _very_ basic question, I really must be missing something, but
what does pm mean (see it is lots of posts on boards.ie)?
25-09-2009, 15:26   #26
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceatharloch View Post
I have the same problem as the main poster in the thread, need a new battery,
and NIGHTGUARD in Galway City want 120 euro just for callout charge.

2 questions:

1) In the thread, is it (in principle) dangerous to go inside the box to change the
battery (i.e. if I touch the wrong part/wire, am I dead?!)

2) Can one of you describe what the battery itself looks like, before I go at the
box: e.g. is it cubic, rectangular, cylincrical, rough dimensions (so I know
what to look for in electrical store....)

Thanks everyone!
Michael
It sounds like you have a cs250 panel. The battery is 12v 7.2ah. If you turn the main fuse off at your fuse board you should be able to replace the battery. Another thing you could do is turn the power off and bring the old battery with you..
06-01-2010, 20:13   #27
Donnchadh

Hi everybody!

I am havng some trouble with my Aritech CS350 alarm. The battery died and I replaced it without much trouble, however any time I try to set the alarm I get "Call alarm co.40" on the display.

I don't know the engineering code so I can't enter that. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanx
06-01-2010, 22:36   #28
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnchadh View Post
Hi everybody!

I am havng some trouble with my Aritech CS350 alarm. The battery died and I replaced it without much trouble, however any time I try to set the alarm I get "Call alarm co.40" on the display.

I don't know the engineering code so I can't enter that. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanx
Hi Donnchadh,

Sounds like the eng who installed the system put a eng reset on the system, which means you will either need the eng code or an engineer to reset the alarm system.
11-01-2010, 14:10   #29
Donnchadh

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the company that installed the alarm doesn't exist anymore and I don't know the eng code. Any ideas? I've tried a few codes (like 1234) but no luck
11-01-2010, 15:04   #30
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnchadh View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the company that installed the alarm doesn't exist anymore and I don't know the eng code. Any ideas? I've tried a few codes (like 1234) but no luck
The default eng code is 1278. I would say it is eng locked if the eng reset is on the panel. There is a way to default the alarm by replacing the chip but it would need to be reprogrammed after this..

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion