Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Id imagine you would get one fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Hopefully, aye. Like I said, I should exercise a little more patience, but I'd rather know that it was winging it's way at the moment, rather than still sitting on the shelf until Hong Kong's monday morning.

Thanks for the replies, Liamo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

it all depends on how busy uncompany are...i have received emails very quickly and some take days...they handle them in the sequence they come in as far as i am aware. you will get an email from them. i would not worry, they are extremely reliable, despite the odd moan i and other have...they are one of the top HK suppliers for a very good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Hi Tzetze,

Ive just ordered from them also,

Heres the timeframe if it helps.
    Oct 14 made order.
    Oct 15 order confirmation and payment made
    Oct 18 shipping number received

Patience my young child! Patience! :D

Conor-Mr2 wrote: »
    Hi Tzetze,

Ive just ordered from them also,

Heres the timeframe if it helps.
    Oct 14 made order.
    Oct 15 order confirmation and payment made
    Oct 18 shipping number received

Patience my young child! Patience! :D

That's just the kind of info I was after. Thanks Conor!

Young child... hehe, I wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Tzetze, you may want to watch out for UNcompany so far as shipping. Last time I bought an AEG from them they useed UPS as their default. Stupid me not knowing, I didn't think of changing it to anyone else.

Quite a lot of orders have been seized in the last little while. All have been UPS. So there seems to be some odd issue going on with them and customs.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Tzetze, you may want to watch out for UNcompany so far as shipping. Last time I bought an AEG from them they useed UPS as their default. Stupid me not knowing, I didn't think of changing it to anyone else.

Quite a lot of orders have been seized in the last little while. All have been UPS. So there seems to be some odd issue going on with them and customs.

Thanks for the heads-up O1s1n. I had seen this mentioned in some posts here. From my order confirmation before I made payment "Customer shipment - Speedpost ( EMS )".

It cost an extra €10 over the UPS option, but hopefully should avoid any of those issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Big thumbs-up for Paul at www.ebaybanned.com

I've just received a big box of gear (molle vest, uniform, pads etc.) and I've gotta say his comms were fantastic, the shipping time was 5 days from HK (he uses EMS :)) and no problems at all.
    The quality of the gear is very good and he even gave me an extra red-dot scope as a gift/discount.

Will use him again without a doubt.

At least I'll look good dying:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Great service from Flecktarn.co.uk [again] ordered Tuesday evening and recieved a shipping confirmation within an hour, got the camo gear this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

the shipping time was 5 days from HK (he uses EMS )

I ordered my acu and vest from ebay banned on the 16th and it hasn't turned up yet....
    should I be worried?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

I ordered recently and it took 2 weeks might depend on size of order.My order was pretty small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    I ordered my acu and vest from ebay banned on the 16th and it hasn't turned up yet....
    should I be worried?

I honestly dont think so.
    I assume he gave you a tracking number - actually, now that I think of it: I just got a mail to say it had been shipped. I emailed Paul back requesting the tracking number and got it. At least I could see the package existed and it's destination was Ireland...:)

Ask him for the tracking ID - even just for piece of mind. I assume he has actually shipped (had everything in stock?)

Thats the thing
    my brother ordered it for me so I haven't got a clue what the story is
    he said he e-mailed him twice
    I'll ask him more about it...

My package finally arrived this afternoon.

ITEM ACCEPTED PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 26 October 07
    ARRIVED PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS 25 October 07

It had arrived in Portlaoise last Thursday. Was hoping that it might arrive to my door on the Friday morning, but I guess that was too optimistic.

Had checked the tracking on anpost.ie again around noon today, and noticed that it wasn't marked as "Sent for delivery", so really wasn't expecting anything today.

A total of 12 days from payment to receipt of goods. A little tardy, but UNCompany had said that shipping of custom orders can take 3-5 days. The slowest part of the process was while the package was in Ireland. This included the span of the bank holiday weekend, so I guess it's not a bad timeframe really.

Everything was well packed and survived the long haul unscathed. No obvious signs of tampering, and managed to avoid any excess fees.

The package contained;
    VSR-10 G-Spec
    Scope rings
    Tasco 3-9x40
    King Arms Bipod
    Spare Mag
    Speed Loader

Total cost : €252

Would definitely use UNCompany.com again, and would advise anyone to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

:D Yipeeee! My package arrived today from Hong Kong.

It was posted on Friday and arrived in Ireland yesterday. I picked it up from the post office today after missing the postman due to college. Talk about a speedy delivery!

The package was:
    1x TM G36c
    3x TM G36c 50rd mags
    1x TM Discharger
    1x TM AEP Discharger Adaptor
    1x TM Speed loader

It was excellently packed. The extra items came inside the AEG box after holes were cut to place them securely inside. The lid of the box was turned inside out so the tape of the packaging would not damage it (very thoughtful). It was warped in wrapping paper (I felt like it was my birthday).

I must say I am really pleased with the customer service provided and would Highly recommend G&G to anyone no questions asked. The prices are also brilliant. The TM G36c was only 146 euro!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Can you believe it?

Total cost was: 207 euro and a weekend wait

Best place to buy TM's IMHO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Crave wrote: »
    Total cost was: 207 euro and a weekend wait

Best place to buy TM's IMHO ;)

nice, that's a pretty good price

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Forgot to mention the shipping, it was something like 65

woo!
    my Acu and vest arrived today!

only thing I'm worried about, customs charged me 76 euro
    on top of the price I paid for the gear
    what the hell is that about?!
    €45 for post office handeling
    €24 for Duty
    and €47 for Vat
    wtf?!?!

I ordered it on ebaybanned
    anyone else have this happen?

how much was your total order? 76 euro on a vest and acu gear (im guessing about 100euro worth) is crazy

kdouglas wrote: »
    how much was your total order? 76 euro on a vest and acu gear (im guessing about 100euro worth) is crazy

i agree with KD, you really need to query that dude...if its around 100 euro, thats a bit of a shaft...

• Advertisement

you really need to query that dude...

i think you'll find that's dudess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

They probably took the dollars as Euros..... , as i've seen happen a few times.

Thanks K :rolleyes:
    anyway, yeah the acu and vest was 80 squid
    and then customs slapped that charge on it
    they had the stuff for 3 days!
    my dad thinks that customs just read the bloody label on it wrong

what was the price of the shipping? its the total cost including shipping they calculate the price on (from recollection). it still seems very high..but i have gotten the blunt trauma of charges before so sometimes you have to put it down to 'experience'

+1 for flecktarn. its really great to deal with a company that seems to have their entire process documented. each step is clearly marked and ordered saturday night, arrived today

likewise for wgcshop...ordered friday arrived today..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Did you order those Desert Tigerstripes there Fall by any chance ?

gandalf wrote: »
    Did you order those Desert Tigerstripes there Fall by any chance ?

the missus did...might drop down some cash for it also....looks cool..AS YOU WELL KNOW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

ordered the kwc deagle from airsofteire on monday, it arrived on wednesday, was kept informed by email of the delivery status the entire time, all in all you couldnt have asked for a better ordering experience, definitely recommended

ring customs and ask them to explain the charges, it definitely shouldnt be that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Ordered Sling and red dot sight from airsofteire over the weekend arrived today(thur) not bad with the long weekend and the fact that they have only just opened. Very pleased with products cant wait to try out at weekend. One small complaint the sight arrived turned on !!!! A least it was tested before being sent out. Thanks for good service.

Advertisement