Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi garage in Dublin

Options
  • 07-07-2006 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend a garage who service Audis in Dublin? Basically 4 warning lights came on in the car yesterday. Turned it off, then back on and they've disappeared. I want someone with VAG-Com setup to check it out. Car is running fine, but i don't want it to give out on me on some back road. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Belgard Motors, in Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

You might find someone friendly enough with a VAG COM on www.vagdrivers.net to meet up with you and plug it in. (that sounds a bit perverted!)

I'd suggest MSL Pottery Rd over Belgard. Both are dreadful but MSL is slightly better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bradys in Castleknock are supposed to be good but expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Anan1 wrote:
    Belgard Motors, in Tallaght.
    Are useless. Pottery Road aren't any better.

I've heard good reports about Brady's in Castleknock though.

crosstownk wrote:
    Are useless. Pottery Road aren't any better.

I've heard good reports about Brady's in Castleknock though.

I haven't been near Belgard in 7 years, but they were quite good then. Has their service disimproved since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭ondafly

Big Nelly wrote:
    Bradys in Castleknock are supposed to be good but expensive

Strongly dis-agree with this comment, from personal experience. Completely useless and damaged electrics on our car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which warning lights showed?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ayashii

have to disagree with the Bradys comment too.... I tried to get them to change the oil in the haldex system of my car (haldex is the 'yoke' which controls the quattro system which is fairly common in audi's) and they couldnt as they hadnt the neccessary tools..... kinda worrying for a main audi dealer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 aldy05

MSL on pottery road are terrible to deal with, brought my A3 there once and it came out with a dent in the roof, MSL also are a part of ballsbridge and deansgrange Audi, I've heard Foster's are good even though I havnt dealed with them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sheehy's in Naas are generally very good, might be a bit out of your way though.

• Advertisement

I heard a couple of positive comments about Brady's on boards.ie recently but I don't have any personal experience. I use Belgard for VW/Audi/Mercedes/Mazda service and warranty. They are beyond belief. Impossible to contact, they never return calls, and they rarely fix a problem first time.

I've also used Park Motors and MSL Service Centre on Pottery Road - both are pure useless too. To be honest there are very few VW/Audi dealers that are of any use. The best are Newcastlewest Autos in Limerick or Newmarket Motors in Cork county.

As Mike says, what lights came on - if they have gone off again then it's likely that the fault memory will store the faults - so when you bring it to the dealer they will simply say "Computer says no" and send you on your way.

colm_mcm wrote:
    Sheehy's in Naas are generally very good, might be a bit out of your way though.
    I'd agree with that - In fact I'm thinking of moving the whole service account to Sheehys. I've used them once or twice before and everything was perfect - not the norm for a VW/Audi dealer, tbh. I'll post my experiences with them...........

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭trant

I've bought cars off both Belgard and Sheehy's in the past. Speaking from experience I wouldn't touch Belgard with a barge pole, a "one-owner" '04 A4 turned out to have two owners and this was denied down to the ground even though I had the vehicle registration book to prove it. Ended up having to go to the top brass in the company after I was offered a set of mats as compensation by the cocky salesman in question. Then the car developed a squeak from the alternator. They tried to invalidate the warranty on the car stating that we had filled it up with too much oil. They backed down fairly quick when I told them we only had the car a month and the last person to go near was one of their 'engineers' when they performed the pre-sale service on the car. Laughable.

Sheehy's on the other hand are a fairly big dealership but they seem to have that personal touch you get from a smaller garage. Highly recommended. Service staff are helpful and courteous and don't seem to want to make you spend money where it's not needed.

Can't beat a country dealer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭ondafly

ironically we only put the car into Brady's because they *only* had a 4 week waiting list compared to 6 weeks with Park motors for just to get a window regulator fixed. I could go on, but it only annoys me when I think about it !

colm_mcm wrote:
    Can't beat a country dealer!
    Phhffftt - Ever dealt with Tom Murphys in Waterford or Frank Hogans in Limerick or Blackwater in Fermoy or O'Learys in Lissarda or Western in Galway or Moores in Athlone - all exceptionally useless.

JJ Reids in Letterkenny are good but like Newcastlewest Autos they are relatively new dealers. I wonder how long it will take for the MDL attitude to rub off on them...................:D

Excuse me, Waterford City is not country!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Point taken Mike! But my point is that practically all VW/Audi dealers are uselss, patronising, incompetent and quite unfriendly aswell as unapproachable. Some of the other dealers I mentioned are close to, or in cities.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    It is outside Dublin though!

Still does'nt make sense a City is a City, country is where the cows live!

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Still does'nt make sense a City is a City, country is where the cows live!

Mike.
    Cows would be better at servicing and repairing VW/Audi cars!!!!

Audi - Vorsprung Durch Muppets :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Any other opinions on Fosters. My 2.0TDI A3 is due its first service and it was either them or Pottery Road. I was veering towards Fosters anyway as my Bodyshop ordered my new spoiler from them. Told me that they gave up dealing with Pottery Road as the phone was never answered. Apparently when the needed to call them, they would set 4 of their phones and mobiles to start dialling/redialling the 3 or 4 pottery numbers and they'd still be waiting 15 or 20 minutes for one of them to be answered.

Vorsprung Durch Arroganz?

colm_mcm wrote:
    Vorsprung Durch Arroganz?

It's looking like a good independent with a VAG computer is the way to go.

Calibos wrote:
    Any other opinions on Fosters. My 2.0TDI A3 is due its first service and it was either them or Pottery Road. I was veering towards Fosters anyway as my Bodyshop ordered my new spoiler from them. Told me that they gave up dealing with Pottery Road as the phone was never answered. Apparently when the needed to call them, they would set 4 of their phones and mobiles to start dialling/redialling the 3 or 4 pottery numbers and they'd still be waiting 15 or 20 minutes for one of them to be answered.
    Of the two I'd go with Fosters - I've no real experience with them but I did have a breakdown which was towed into them last week and they fixed it the same day - not the norm for an Audi dealer.

This is so funny! You pay over the odds for a new car and the least you can expect is a huge amount of gratitude from the supplying dealer, or at least some courtesy from the dealer network, To pick a dealer because it's not as useless as another one is bizzare!

colm_mcm wrote:
    To pick a dealer because it's not as useless as another one is bizzare!
    Very true - but it's the way it is with VW/Audi dealers. Trying to reason with them is like banging your head off a wall. They couldn't care less. Yet people still buy the product. Now thats truely bizzare!

Don't get me started!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Buy a OBD 2 complient diagnostic tool of ebay for €40 that will read and clear faults much cheaper than a dealership. I have one it works a treat

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Scanner-Reader-OBD2-KKL-OBD-2-VW-Audi-diagnostic-VAG_W0QQitemZ120003836044QQihZ002QQcategoryZ30921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I use Foster's for my A3... they're pretty good. Service is good and not as expensive as MSL, who we've dealt with in the past (but wouldn't deal with again).

They've moved their service dept. up to the industrial estate in Sandyford, just around the corner from the showrooms. They also keep a good stock of parts and I've never heard of anyone having to wait for a part in order to carry out a repair or whatever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement