Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic mushrooms are banned in ireland....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hah!

Mary Harney banning something edible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Magic Mushroom threads are banned in After Hours

good old Giblet

as of tonight magic mushroom threads are no longer available legally

http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/04/pf/saving/pepsi_monkey_game/monkey.03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

banned as of 4pm.

shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

damn it. back to the smokes again :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Hah!

lol, well done. I will use that one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Didnt even realise they were legal in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Bollox!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Only the sale of them is banned, you can still grow them, pick them and/or eat them! I've never tried them BTW. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hah!

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sparks400 wrote:
    you can still grow them, pick them and/or eat them! )

quiet please! don't want loopholes closed:v:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

rubadub wrote:
    quiet please! don't want loopholes closed:v:

Sorry, didn't realise! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

what a stupid cow, didnt even give me time to stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

smart ****ers waited till the picking season was over .... what im worried about is that people will over pick, everyone knows the famous spots like the really high up place that we wont mention but thats going to be sooo over picked, i hope come picking season people will be more inventive :P

And does anyone actually have the law changes? i think POSSESSION of them is illegal and USE of them is illegal so indoor growing would be illegal and i supose if there growing in your back yard they would also be illegal cause you posses that space

PTL wrote:
    if there growing in your back yard they would also be illegal cause you posses that space
    farmers and green keepers beware so. All I kept hearing was the sale and consumption was illegal. I think they need to leave a loophole for naturally growing ones, to stop farmers being prosecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't do them anymore but never paid for them. Why would anybody pay for them when they are freely available? I think its just the preparation and sale that's illegal.

well if its the possesion then im going to try get some farmers that i dont like arrested :p all it will take is one farmer to be arrested and the streets of dublin will be full of illegal red desel tracktors protesting :)

and then give it another 9 months or so and guess what will be born ... the death of an actuall young lad who will go picking cause he can't buy them and will never have went before or go with someone who has before and will eat a poisonous mushroom

Then the government will probably ban mountain walking or more then 2 youths in a field :) they come up with some classic ideas

I remember heading out to a fairly well known spot with friends years ago to pick some (Stovelid, Stovelid Mansions, Minister Harney). We hopped on the first bus, hungover, with plastic bags foolishly hanging out of our jacket pockets. When paying the young bus driver, he winked at us and said in an Dublin accent, "next stop Happy Valley, lads?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

people were buying them cos the season for magic mushrooms here is only a couple of week long. id before the first frost in november.

plus walking around a field for hours to get enough shrooms is a pain in the arse. id rather pay 15€ for a punnet of mexican truffles. luckily i stocked up and have bout 10 punnets stashed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ah they are banned anyway just smoke the W**d.its better and safer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

stovelid wrote:
    I remember heading out to a fairly well known spot with friends years ago to pick some (Stovelid, Stovelid Mansions, Minister Harney). We hopped on the first bus, hungover, with plastic bags foolishly hanging out of our jacket pockets. When paying the young bus driver, he winked at us and said in an Dublin accent, "next stop Happy Valley, lads?" :D

They're all over the place where I live, see loads of people heading up to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

drdre wrote:
    ah they are banned anyway just smoke the W**d.its better and safer

Good advice drdre :D

Although I will miss the good old mushrooms. I even got my mother to have a few once. Good times eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Typical of backwards Irish bureaucracy. I guess it's OK to get thanked up and behave like a raving lunatic, while me and my mates who just want to eat some mushi's and chill out are criminals.

mushies are free, no money going into your favourite lobby pockets i guess :mad:

Typical of backwards Irish bureaucracy. I guess it's OK to get thanked up and behave like a raving lunatic, while me and my mates who just want to eat some mushi's and chill out are criminals.

weed is great but its a bit addictive(just cause its so good) and dublin prices have gone to nearly 350 an ounce ... hash is horrible and just pure chemicals and crap

on another thread on boards theres a download of identifying liberty caps and its very well done on of the lads on here made it

stovelid wrote:
    Don't do them anymore but never paid for them. Why would anybody pay for them when they are freely available?
    Why do people buy normal strains of particular mushrooms that can be bought in the wild. Time to travel, petrol expenses, risk of picking the wrong ones, risk of contaminated correctly identified ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

PTL wrote:
    weed is great but its a bit addictive(just cause its so good) and dublin prices have gone to nearly 350 an ounce ... hash is horrible and just pure chemicals and crap

on another thread on boards theres a download of identifying liberty caps and its very well done on of the lads on here made it

ur getting ripped if ur paying 359€ an ounce for weed

luckily i stocked up and have bout 10 punnets stashed!

You musn't value your grip on reality if you plan on eating that many..

I hope you have dried them out!

If you took 10 tubes of truffles ud be walking down the street and see this :P

batman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 diddler

****, I wish I'd never opened my mouth. According to Noel Ahern the legislation had been planned to come in by summer. That was 2 weeks ago! :o

Until the legislation is available in black and white it's not clear but according to the press reports I think they're now illegal to sell AND possess (ie pick or grow). However it's still open to challenge whether the law can make growing from spores or kits illegal while wild unpicked shrooms are considered exempt (assuming they are).

For example in the UK "Drugs Act 2005" it states:
    21. Inclusion of mushrooms containing psilocin etc. as Class A drugs

In Part 1 of Schedule 2 to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (c. 38) (Class A drugs), in paragraph 1, insert at the appropriate place-

"Fungus (of any kind) which contains psilocin or an ester of psilocin."

That means any shroom, wild or cultivated is illegal in the UK and anyone with them on their land is technically a criminal. That may now be the case here as well.

Its worth noting that shroom spores DO NOT contain either psilocin or psilocybin and are therefore not included under the definition of "Fungus (of any kind) which contains psilocin or an ester of psilocin."

But, as I say this is all speculation until the legislation is published.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 diddler

Oh yea...I forgot to mention. According to the Uk home office, who make this c rap up, the accidental picking of magic mushrooms in the UK won't be subject to the law. LOL :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement