Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Man With No Arms

Options
  • 13-12-2005 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Its probably not very politically correct to talk about it here but the question needs to be asked. Me and the mates were chatting at the weekend about the dude around town with no arms. He always asks people to get money from his pocket and buy him a flaggin of cider and hang it from his stump in a plastic bag.

There are many conflicting stories about how he lost his arm but the one most mentioned is that they were taken off by a tiger when a circus visited Galway years ago.

Does anyone know the real story and has anyone ever had to buy him anything or even worse meet him in the toilet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There was a guy a few years back who did indeed have his arms taken by a tiger in the circus. Whether or not its the same guy I don't know; it may very well be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

I met him a few times, once in the jacks, and he asked me to tuck in his shirt,what could u say, the other times to light his smoke, he seems like an ok dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It's true, yer man had his arms ripped off by a Tiger in a circus out by Dunnes. He said he was trying to pet them, but he was trying to steal their meat for his dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'd say he was trying to pet them tbh 'Here tiger tiger tiger'

But yeah the story is true. He got them eaten off by lions/tigers/whatever at the Circus in Terryland a few years ago, poor fella

when i read this thread,i thought it would be about the lad who plays trumpet on shop street.

• Advertisement

when i read this thread,i thought it would be about the lad who plays trumpet on shop street.

Thats exactly what I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

I heard that the circus folk kept their money in with the tigers and he was trying to steal it. The tiger ripped one arm off and when he tried to get that back they ripped off the other. Its amazing how these stories grow arms and legs.

finlma wrote:
    The tiger ripped one arm off and when he tried to get that back they ripped off the other.

The above part is supposedly true :D

However I seriously doubt people would keep money in a cage with a tiger. Sounds like something an 8 year old added to the tale!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Whatever about stroking the tiger, I wonder how he spanks the monkey?

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Ive seen him about. He once asked a load of school kids to hold onto his cig while he went into the shop and then one of their teachers came over while the kid was holding the cigarette. Very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

nitroboy wrote:
    I met him a few times, once in the jacks, and he asked me to tuck in his shirt,what could u say, the other times to light his smoke, he seems like an ok dude.
    How about..

Not on your life will I give you your jollies by putting my hand anywhere near your penis, you parapelegic arse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I do believe the chap is partial to a pint and has gotten into trouble during the inevitable trip to the gents.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

Robbo wrote:
    I do believe the chap is partial to a pint and has gotten into trouble during the inevitable trip to the gents.

Often spotted in Padhraics on a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

A cousin of mine was telling me years ago he was in Padraigs one morning and a guy at the bar with no arms asked him to lift the pint up to his mouth to drink it. My cousins a right messer at the best of times and he held the 3/4 pint up until he had it drank. Was spilling all over him. Id say its the same guy. Only copped it when someone mentioned Padraigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Your cousin will appear on Kirsty's home videos when he gets caught on camera being violated by an overly curious ostrich in Fota Wildlife Park.

And I will win £50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Your cousin is a bastard. Thats not funny, thats just awful. I'm surprised the rest of the bar didn't beat him and throw him in the docks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

The guy's name is Martin, he is fro Bohermore, lives with his mother. Both are not very well off. Buy fags and drink rather than spend it on food. When he passed the tiger cage one sunday morning, he saw the lump of meat inside the cage. He reached in, grabbed the lump of meat. Tiger bit off his hand. He then tried to get his arm back, tiger bit off the other arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

alibabba wrote:
    When he passed the tiger cage one sunday morning, he saw the lump of meat inside the cage. He reached in, grabbed the lump of meat. Tiger bit off his hand. He then tried to get his arm back, tiger bit off the other arm.

Well that will learn ya! He would be doing that again in a hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

He used to be my friend's neighbour up in Bohermore - and asked her/her housemates to do a good few dodgy things (checking the change in his pockets and the like). Seems to be "mostly harmless" though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭poker_face

I'm pretty sure it was a lion that bit his arms off. Anyway this might be another urban myth about the fellah but apparently his job title in thermo king before the accident was a line(lion) feeder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

i had to give him fags and get him cider up bohemore and put 50 cent in his mouth. I felt my good deed was done that day.
    Frustated Man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Yeah I had to help him out with a bag for his bottle of cider before. I wonder what happened to the tiger/lion? Was it killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i got cornered one day outside galway shopping centre where he asked me to grab money from his pocket to get him a burger.
    i had to say no because all i could think of was him shouting "this guy is attacking me" as i tried to help him. and me getting fcuked over for trying to help.
    felt awful bad after it buy hey.......
    then was chatting to my mates about it , they told me he asked the to take his instrument (for the want of a better word) out of his pants in the jacks and hold it for him while he pi$$ed in some pub. not a nice situation to be in.:D

as you can imagine they also said no.

aparently he is partial to a few pints

poker_face wrote:
    apparently his job title in thermo king before the accident was a line(lion) feeder.

That is correct, my Dad knows him from working in thermo King

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ljtracey

hey, i used to work in tesco on checkouts 2 years ago (im a man btw), i dont think hes allowed to go to any of the girls tills anymore (sexual allegations??).anyway, i had to help him get the coins from his pocket once, i felt really bad for the guy. i didnt mind doing it but he didnt have enough so i had to keep going deeper and pick up the coppers. <shudder>, anyway, when he came back again (and again), i had to refuse him coz it took so long (u know the queues in tesco!) and i was kinda weirded out. i really hate admitting that coz like everyone was saying, he seems like a nice guy that just got handed a ****ty deal.

ljtracey wrote:
    i had to help him get the coins from his pocket once, i felt really bad for the guy. i didnt mind doing it but he didnt have enough so i had to keep going deeper and pick up the coppers.

Perchance when you were rummaging through his pockets... did you feel a long hard, torch like item? No? God! Am I the only one?

Anyway, he is a filthy sexual deviant... notorious for asking young people, boys especially to fumble in his pants for change

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If he constantly needs to ask people to root in his pocket for money, you'd think he'd have sorted a way of making it easier. A bum back or money strap or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

In fairness, he can hardly ask girls to go through his pockets for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

In fairness, he can hardly ask girls to go through his pockets for obvious reasons.

In fairness, if I was him, the ONLY people id be asking to go through my pockets is girls :D

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    In fairness, if I was him, the ONLY people id be asking to go through my pockets is girls :D

That's true! but from what I hear he is as gay as christmas. So it's the lads he's after

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement