Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

I DO like them but the Marvel format needs a change on the big screen.

Interchangeable villain, no face pawns and city smashing final act is starting to wear thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ye obviously haven't watched Ant Man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Kept up the poor villain form they have though.

1 film is not a pattern or trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Corholio wrote: »
    Kept up the poor villain form they have though.

Watching Yellow Jacket felt like the film was gutted in the editing room. There was some interesting stuff there but the pay off for Crosse wasn't there, as there was no actual time dedicated to developing the character authentically.

I felt sorry for Stoll, it did look like he did a good job but it was left on the floor mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

FunLover18 wrote: »
    While I think that Ferguson would be a great choice it's worth remembering that David Bautista was a non acting MMA star and he was a stand out in GotG.

He acted in a few small parts including a role in Smallville. Also there is one big difference between the WWE and the MMA related to acting which you are missing! There our plenty of TV actors which would be more suitable i.e Vikings Katheryn Winnick or Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

OK ... I may have been wrong about Bautista not having acted before GotG but my point was that we shouldn't write off people from MMA or WWE backgrounds. Marvel have been very solid with casting thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

we shouldn't write off people from MMA or WWE backgrounds.

The point people have been trying to make is that MMA is fighting but WWE is acting (although it is probably closer to Clown school than RADA).

The point people have been trying to make is that MMA is fighting but WWE is acting (although it is probably closer to Clown school than RADA).

I get that, I'm still not going to write off an MMA star cause they've never acted before. The vast majority of actors have at some stage in their careers not acted before.

I get that, I'm still not going to write off an MMA star cause they've never acted before. The vast majority of actors have at some stage in their careers not acted before.

Yeah but Carol Danvers is a huge task so don't expect excitement if they cast someone unproven to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

By this logic I'm qualified to be a movie star, since I have never acted, either.

By this logic I'm qualified to be a movie star, since I have never acted, either.

And by your logic anyone who isn't currently a movie star or isn't already in the acting shouldn't be given a chance.

I'm by no means saying I WANT an MMA star to get the role and I don't know anything about to character to say who or wouldn't be suitable for it but I'm not going to say that someone isn't right based on the fact that haven't acted before. Just because they haven't acted before or started off in another career doesn't mean they can't act or be a movie star.

What qualifications does one need?

And by your logic anyone who isn't currently a movie star or isn't already in the acting shouldn't be given a chance.

I'm by no means saying I WANT an MMA star to get the role and I don't know anything about to character to say who or wouldn't be suitable for it but I'm not going to say that someone isn't right based on the fact that haven't acted before. Just because they haven't acted before or started off in another career doesn't mean they can't act or be a movie star.

What qualifications does one need?

A few smaller roles showing a talent/ability?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

https://youtu.be/wHqLvyPyx3U

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

You think because she had that small role that she can carry a movie as a main character? A movie that will be the first female led Marvel movie which needs to be a success so that later female led superhero movies will be made. And she won't just be in this one, she will more than likely have to have a contract to be in multiple movies.

I completely agree that just because someone wasn't always an actor doesn't mean they can't be really good but asking her to be the main character of a movie is way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sv-CNm52ak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Captain Marvel will be a tall order to sell regardless of who they cast. Wise thing to do would be doing a civil war on it and buffer the supporting cast with established characters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Rhonda Rousey may have had some small roles in films here and there, but from those of which I've seen, she has little to no charisma. It's great she can do her own stunts n' all and nobody would doubt her physicality, but any time she's had to open her mouth and deliver a line, the scene just died on its feet. She's no lead actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Yea, I agree... I was just looking at some Entourage clips and threw it in there...:)

Other than her obvious ability to fight, where is the acting ability there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah cos in an action film, we all really want to see someone who can talk a good fight

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone here a reader of the Comics? The more I look at it the more I think they are going to replace Adam Warlock with the Vision in the Cinematic Universe.

But isn't the rumour that Starlord's father is going to be Adam Warlock in the MCU in place of Json?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Disney has broadcast the first 2 episodes of GOTG Animated series in the US.I wonder if there'll be anything in it leading up to the movie sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

zerks wrote: »
    Disney has broadcast the first 2 episodes of GOTG Animated series in the US.I wonder if there'll be anything in it leading up to the movie sequel.

Animated series on Disney XD are separate from MCU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I would enjoy this
    12042899_10154056370116840_4731604421846477505_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=3efea256dcb3f8a08f916d14ab580069&oe=565E22BC

I would enjoy this
    12042899_10154056370116840_4731604421846477505_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=3efea256dcb3f8a08f916d14ab580069&oe=565E22BC
    Pity that they ruined that in first Thor

is AOU getting an extended cut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Advertisement