Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Election Results

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

mike65 wrote: »
    What, how you don't elect a Prime Minister?

Indeed, or how about, how come in the 2005 UK General election you ended up with a Labour Government even though they only got 35% of the vote.

or how come Peter Mandelson is a Government minster even though he is not an elected MP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

old hippy wrote: »
    Ok, given your tender age (and sorry for being patronising) can I assume you've not spent time in other countries?

Because, trust me, it's a big and beautiful world out there :)

You are all jealous running about trying to find lists to prove that the uk is rubbish.. well haha its not!!:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyway here the latest based on the poll of polls

As of yesterday
    poll_polls.jpg

Adjusted swing, seat numbers
    30_Adjusted_National_Swing.jpg

Polling tracked since start of campaign
    polling_trend.jpg

So then, the Tories could form a minority government with or without help of some assorted others, a Lib Dem/Lab coalition is also possible but could a deal be done? How desperate are Labour? Might they actually be happy to let the Tories take power for a short lived administration and then pick up the pieces without Brown?.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Well, the man from the Bank of England reckons whoever gets into power will be hated for a generation because of the cuts they will have to introduce. So maybe Labour would be happy with leaving the Tories to cope with the mess and then come back in when the economy is on the upswing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The answer to the original question has been answered and this thread since hurts the universe due to sucking the worth out of it.

Owenc, I've sent you a PM, I would appreciate it greatly for you to take note of its content. This isn't a facepalm chatfest arena. Happily it's not going to become one either. Raise standards please, and yes, that's a nudge to others who have posted in the past page or two as well.

Locked for sanity.

/mod

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement