Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Yeah! Its seems like a lifetime ago since MoP launched. Its been a decent expansion but ran its course a long time ago. Was 5.4 for about a year!

MOP was the worst expansion of the lot imho,the whole setting and theme was cool for like 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Dcully wrote: »
    MOP was the worst expansion of the lot imho,the whole setting and theme was cool for like 5 minutes.

I liked the zones and the theme but the dungeons were beyond crap. The dungeons were pretty much my only complaint, enjoyed it other than that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The zones themselves were well done, and the questing was much improved, but i had almost no interest in the setting or story.

As for WoD, i won't get to play till Friday probably :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

FOR THE HORDE!

I'm actually very tempted to level my Rogue first now. I'd expect them to get more old school lore quests, as it is a pretty Horde centered expansion...and i'm a sucker for the old school lore. We'll see though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Currently subbed at the moment but have not picked up the expansion yet. Have a level 90 blood elf rogue ready to go though. Any benifits to picking up before its releases as opposed to later over the weekend when i might get time to have a look....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MagicIRL wrote: »
    FOR THE HORDE!

That language won't be tolerated here young man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Dunno which character to level. Death knight has been my main since wrath but my boosted monk is also tempting.

Dunno which character to level. Death knight has been my main since wrath but my boosted monk is also tempting.

Always a tough decision to make. I will probably stick with my paladin, my first ever WoW toon and been my first toon to level up in each xpac so far from Burning Crusade. Would be a shame to change now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Well my server (outland) is a complete mess of lag and DC's and its 5mins to expansion, dont think im going to get to play much tonight (possibly few days) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Thats what you get for playing on the competitive pvp server in EU. Outland has always been fcked :).

I think its all servers though atm

I got to see the cutscene before being kicked off. At least its something.

heheh this is it, same old same old at launch.

No matter how much planning they can put in they cant really help it, i mean on my realm we had at least 500 on each side in the blasted lands just standing around for 2 hours.

On top of that you had idiots dropping trains and doiing a **** ton of aoe ect. Servers werent built for that level of cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

got in a few times and never seen lag so bad. booted out permanently now it seems. think i'll just wait a week.

They had it right in wotlk, multiple starting zones, help with the load.

TBH i havent seen this kinda instability since TBC and that was still playable, not constant DCing bs. =/

This is as far as i have got..

About 2 hours before launch.
    328192.jpg

Trying to get the launch quest to get through the Portal.
    328193.jpg

Nothin' much, just trying to quest.

328191.jpg

nix wrote: »
    They had it right in wotlk, multiple starting zones, help with the load.

TBH i havent seen this kinda instability since TBC and that was still playable, not constant DCing bs. =/

This is as far as i have got..

Lol honor capped :P, were you on defias lastnight?

Its not bad you cant get in, they for some reason put a kill/gather quest early on that isnt phased and you cant get through it.

yeah ive been in the guild a couple of years now and i dont know anybody, good times, just like the good aul days :P

oh and i havent been active in months really, save the odd mount run..

I had no problems with lag once I got to draenor. Making ravens endangered on the planet was tough though. There's a few quets that require a group to have any chance.

yeah ive been in the guild a couple of years now and i dont know anybody, good times, just like the good aul days :P

oh and i havent been active in months really, save the odd mount run..

I fought your guild for the best part of cataclysm, Joe does WPvP well.

Servers seem to have cleared up now.

• Advertisement

Glad I decided to sleep instead. Gonna try hop on now.

A big thank you to all the lads who invited me and some guildies across realm. Tarren Mill was in bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Im going to try to hop on tonight, On silvermoon which is a really high pop server so doubt I can achieve much xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone here on low pop Alliance?

my server in tatters since launch and want to xrealm for questing

yeah, any low pop Horde available to drag my ass across realm? My mobs won't even appear on my screen here on Tarren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

MagicIRL wrote: »
    attachment.jpg

What spell is that ? That mass green poison attack?

:eek:

Servers are pretty much unplayable at the moment.

Trying to log into draenor is pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Decided to come back for this too. Still only leveling a DK though so by the time I get 90, the major cluster**** should have cleared out a bit. I'm in no rush to get there.

Love the overall changes to wow since I've been gone though.

Last night was an absolute joke, even worse than the Burning Crusade launch. Took first quest, got booted and spent the rest of the night trying to get back online, and gave up at about midnight. Will try again later.

• Advertisement

Ah man i'm so happy i wasn't free last night. Sounds like a total cluster****.

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah man i'm so happy i wasn't free last night. Sounds like a total cluster****.

It wasn't too bad this morning. After 11 it just got stupid.

Is that 11am? If it got back that early, i don't have much hope for later. I've setup teamviewer on my phone to login early, so i'm hoping to get an hour or two done tonight, but i'm not counting on it.

Very surprised it's gone badly. You'd think they'd be ready for this after 10 years and 4 expansions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Very surprised it's gone badly. You'd think they'd be ready for this after 10 years and 4 expansions.

None of which have ever launched smoothly :pac:

Is that 11am? If it got back that early, i don't have much hope for later. I've setup teamviewer on my phone to login early, so i'm hoping to get an hour or two done tonight, but i'm not counting on it.

They really haven't. The load times for any spell is retarded.

Yeah it was 11am this morning. Blizzard are aware. They need to add more world servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Watched a few steams this morning and it has me tempted to come back, haven't played since early WotLK. In truth i don't have the time to raid every night like i did before, would there be any point in me buying it? I heard the game is more casual now, and i am indeed a filthy casul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Watched a few steams this morning and it has me tempted to come back, haven't played since early WotLK. In truth i don't have the time to raid every night like i did before, would there be any point in me buying it? I heard the game is more casual now, and i am indeed a filthy casul

Well there is more casual features, there is still the hardcore element.

But with group finder etc. you can pretty much raid to a decent level of content, whenever you want sort of thing. Raid when it suits you. But its essentially pugs.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well there is more casual features, there is still the hardcore element.

But with group finder etc. you can pretty much raid to a decent level of content, whenever you want sort of thing. Raid when it suits you. But its essentially pugs.

Essentially this, the depth to this game is why its still going. You can do a crap ton of casual stuff on your own or in groups if you want, all the way up to the hard core raiding at mythic (old HC).

I'm half way to 91 and i should be about lvl 94 with all of the free time ive had since last night and today to play. But i havent been able to complete any quests really since getting to shadowmoon, its pathetic.

This is by far the worst launch ive experienced and ive sat through them all :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

So much lag... Level 96 should be 98 ><

I'm half way to 91 and i should be about lvl 94 with all of the free time ive had since last night and today to play. But i havent been able to complete any quests really since getting to shadowmoon, its pathetic.

This is by far the worst launch ive experienced and ive sat through them all :eek:

The delay is pathetic. I stood in the stronghold for a minute and nothing spawned. Had to log out

• Advertisement

It's pretty **** alright I don't know how they didn't pick this up in the beta.

I am big into the lore it doesn't help when the vegetables are spamming trains, bloody toy tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Noxin wrote: »
    None of which have ever launched smoothly :pac:

To be fair, Cata was somewhat smooth. Was in a 5-man at launch to blast through the early quests and only got delayed with login issues for about 30 mins. The only real problem was around the flying trainer.

MoP on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Any nut jobs level to 100 yet I wonder???

I think they are artificially throttling some servers as my server which is never locked has been locked today.

Either that or everyone resub'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Glebee wrote: »

Few on my server are

Glebee wrote: »

Thats sad. I dunno why people would just rush through the content like that. I much prefer to take my time and enjoy the zones and questing experience.

I am loving the lore i would be really annoyed to rush through it. So what i am doing to get through the crowd is, go as far as i can on toon A and then when it gets to crowded catchup with toon B.

Its not perfect but keeps me going, only downside is i want to play my horde char because the lore for alliance is so epic the horde side must be the same.

Aaaaaaaaaand FML

AAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH

:)

Glad i didn't level any of my characters on Outland. Will be bad for a while i'd say.
    Calhoun wrote: »
    I am loving the lore i would be really annoyed to rush through it.

Are you Alliance or Horde? I'm guessing Horde will get a better lore trip, but i'm hoping the Alliance also get some good stuff. Does everyone (minor early plot spoiler i suppose)
    join forces with Durotan, or just Horde?

• Advertisement
Advertisement