Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

biggebruv wrote: »
    i was reading something awhile ago about how
    if you install the ipad firmware theres noway to come back down from that your stuck with that
    BASEBAND ithink

Hey biggebruv, Ye I know that but I was just trying to delete the contents of the phone not try to rest to the original firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Looking for a bit of help here lads. I have a 3g that I unlocked and I installed the iPad software onto in order to unlock it. The phone was working but was very slow at times, almost unusable. I thought it might have been something I installed on the phone so I did a reset from the phones menu. All I have on the screen now is the apple logo and the phone wont boot up no matter what I do.
    Me thinks I fooked it up :o
    when ya use the erase all contents and settings, it can take a few minutes or a few hours depending on if the iphone/ipod has overwrite or hardware encryption
    unfortunately the 3g has overwrite so will take a few hours
    just leave it be for a day or so and it should show the plug into itunes logo if it hasnt gone dead

anybody help us out with this

iv JB iphone4 - 4.2.1/BB 30.10.01
    JBed w green poison and redsn0w

only theres no service,carrier or network settings:confused:

in carrier and network it says not available

apple said phones on o2 network and the o2 sim aint working iv tried 2 diff o2 sims both the same

iv tried airplane on/off,resetting everything,reseting network setttings,turning on/off bunch of times

but it still doest do anything:confused:

anyone know if theres anything else i can try:confused:
    if your looking for help with anything its best to describe it properly, ya cant jb with greenp0isin and redsn0w, its 1 or the other
    also the bb is 03.10.01

have ya verified with apple if its o2 irl or o2 uk cos like i said in your thread, it wont work if its from o2 uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

guil wrote: »
    if your looking for help with anything its best to describe it properly, ya cant jb with greenp0isin and redsn0w, its 1 or the other
    also the bb is 03.10.01

have ya verified with apple if its o2 irl or o2 uk cos like i said in your thread, it wont work if its from o2 uk

i JBed w green posi0n and i used redsn0w aswell
    how do you mean you cant use the two?

she said its o2 ire yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

you can jailbreak with redsnow and with greenpoison aswell.

when my iphones 3gs was stuck in dfu mode or recovery mode. i jailbroke it with redsnow then installed cydia then jailbroke again with greenposion to kick out of recovery mode.

there's is no unlock for baseband 03.10.01 at the moment but there should be one in a few weeks a week or two. I cant back this up.

i JBed w green posi0n and i used redsn0w aswell
    how do you mean you cant use the two?

she said its o2 ire yes
    yes but i mean ya cant use both tools at once, ie if ya used redsn0w last then thats the current jailbreak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hey guys,

I jb'd my iPhone 4 with greenpois0n last week, installed SBSettings, five icon dock and some themes for winterboard. I've noticed that the battery life has been appalling since the jb so I checked the usage and noticed that my phone never goes into standby.

Is this a known issue? Or do I need to unselect something in Cydia?

try selecting a different theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Changed back to the original theme and it appears to still not go into standby mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Guys I wanna update my 3gs from 0s 4.0 to the latest which i think is 4.2. Is it as simple as updating the os from my itunes and the just going to jailbreakme and have cydia again. Im with meteor and have everything running (MMS, internet, carrier logo) working perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

14murphy wrote: »
    Guys I wanna update my 3gs from 0s 4.0 to the latest which i think is 4.2. Is it as simple as updating the os from my itunes and the just going to jailbreakme and have cydia again. Im with meteor and have everything running (MMS, internet, carrier logo) working perfect.
    is your phone factory unlocked or ultrasnow unlocked

Im pretty sure its not factory unlocked as I bought it off a guy on Adverts.

well you would ereally need to be sure because if u update you could kill your unlock if its not factory

Im nearly postivied its not factory unlocked. When I got it it already had Cydia installed and would take my meteor sim. I just had to add the meteor carrier bundle

go in to sourse on cydia and see if ultrasnow is in it dont update

Yeh it is. So is there no way I can update it ?

what baseband are you on you could save your ssh blob with tiny umbrealla just google it maybe

Ever ? Crappidy. Could I not just jailbreak then unlock no ? Is there even a huge difference between the OS's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is it possible to jailbreak unlock on 4.2.1, even though I have done the teethered jailbreak for this firmware with redsnow last month?

massy086 wrote: »
    what baseband are you on you could save your ssh blob with tiny umbrealla just google it maybe
    no way to save shsh after apple stop signing the firmware, he could update and install the ipad baseband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

is there a way to update my iphone 4 baseband to the ipad baseband.

can I use my save ssh from my iphone 3gs on my iphone 4?

nope and nope

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is it possible to jailbreak unlock on 4.2.1, even though I have done the teethered jailbreak for this firmware with redsnow last month?

Anyone know anything about doing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Anyone know anything about doing this?

Just run the latest jailbreak over the older one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

So can you unlock a phone 4.2.1 with 03.10.01 now?

mfield wrote: »
    Just run the latest jailbreak over the older one.

Is the latest JB greenpoison?
    And if i jb again, will ultrasnow still work all right? even with 06.15.00?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

daithi2011 wrote: »
    So can you unlock a phone 4.2.1 with 03.10.01 now?

I attempted it this morning with no joy.

Used Tiny Umbrella to save my shsh.
    Tried creating my own custom firmware with snowbreeze 2.2, didn't complete, got an error saying it couldn't create the an activex component.

Ran greenpoison, that worked fine. Had to run redsnow after that but the program crashed everytime.

Phone is grand, so I'd imagine that firmware isn't sorted yet, or I don't follow instructions very well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Is the latest JB greenpoison?
    And if i jb again, will ultrasnow still work all right? even with 06.15.00?

Sorry, not sure on that as Vodafone unlocked mine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

I attempted it this morning with no joy.

Used Tiny Umbrella to save my shsh.
    Tried creating my own custom firmware with snowbreeze 2.2, didn't complete, got an error saying it couldn't create the an activex component.

Ran greenpoison, that worked fine. Had to run redsnow after that but the program crashed everytime.

Phone is grand, so I'd imagine that firmware isn't sorted yet, or I don't follow instructions very well...

I jailbroke mine. Cant get it unlocked though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

daithi2011 wrote: »
    I jailbroke mine. Cant get it unlocked though.
    Nope, 03.10.01 isn't unlockable just yet.

How'd you jailbreak yours?

use greenpoisoin

I did but I didn't get Cydia...

did you get a freen app called loader if so click it and install cydia

Yeah thanks, I ran it twice and it failed so haphazardly I gave it another go last night and got Loader this time! Got Cydia and everythings right in the world again! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Hey, just bought an iPhone off a friend in the North, its on 4.2.1(8C148a) and I'm having a bit of a problem trying to jailbreak it, I went through the guide on iClarified but apparently Ive downloaded the wrong version of firmware (according to iTunes when I go to hit restore) despite sticking to the one they suggested. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Probably should have mentioned its on o2 UK and I want to keep it on that because I live on the border.

use greenp0isin and ya wont have to download an ipsw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Would an Iphone4 bought in America work here or what do you have to do? im with O2.Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Would an Iphone4 bought in America work here or what do you have to do? im with O2.Thanks

It would work if you get it unlocked. Not possible at the moment. Make sure you get a GSM phone and not a CDMA phone

guil wrote: »
    use greenp0isin and ya wont have to download an ipsw

Right running greenpoison now, but what about unlocking it, is that possible on this version na?

Restricted Network

Your selected mobile network is restricted, you can choose another network in Settings.

This keeps coming up, does it mean its not gona work without unlocking? Im hoping not because I can sorta gather that its not possible to unlock an iphone with my firmware/baseband at the minute :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hogzy wrote: »
    It would work if you get it unlocked. Not possible at the moment. Make sure you get a GSM phone and not a CDMA phone

Hi Thanks for the reply...How do you get it unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Hi Thanks for the reply...How do you get it unlocked?

Either buy it sim free from Apple (Apple US dont sell sim free) or get the network to unlock it. Currently there is no unlock for the latest Baseband

curry-muff wrote: »
    Restricted Network

Your selected mobile network is restricted, you can choose another network in Settings.

This keeps coming up, does it mean its not gona work without unlocking? Im hoping not because I can sorta gather that its not possible to unlock an iphone with my firmware/baseband at the minute :(
    is your phone a 3gs or iphone 4

It doesnt specify on the back so I presumed its just an iphone 3g, do the 3gs not always have it printed on the back?

do u have a compass on it if so 3gs and yes you can unlock it by using redsnow and putting an ipad baseband on it works great iv done a few now

Yeah Ive got a compass, but Im worried now that I can't use redsn0w now that I tried it the greenp0ison way.

I only tried the greenp0ison way because the redsn0w wasn't working, saying that I had an invalid firmware package even after using the specified one from iClarified.

well you need to have the right firmware were you using the 3gs firmware or 3g

Good point, Ill give it a bash running through with the 3gs tutorial again then, but will it conflict with greenp0ison?

no it wont just tick instal ipad baseband dont install cydia and then once the ipad base band is installed go to cyidia and install ultrasnow job done your unlocked