Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The YooToob thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I appreciate Ken Block's amazing skill but am I the only one who finds those Gymkhana videos over produced and boring?

There's an awful feel of 'multiple takes then use the best one' about those videos. He's an amazing driver, as long as it's a controlled environment, I think the WRC showed him up a lot, once loads of variables were thrown into the mix he wasn't nearly as consistent.

Not that I would be even a fraction as good mind! I wonder why he just doesn't compete in track racing, rallycross or drifting, I think track racing in particular would suit him.

As for that car, it may have been 65 Mustang once upon a time, but that's like calling a Nascar a Chevy Camero...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

rizzodun wrote: »
    There's an awful feel of 'multiple takes then use the best one' about those videos. He's an amazing driver, as long as it's a controlled environment, I think the WRC showed him up a lot, once loads of variables were thrown into the mix he wasn't nearly as consistent.

Not that I would be even a fraction as good mind! I wonder why he just doesn't compete in track racing, rallycross or drifting, I think track racing in particular would suit him.

As for that car, it may have been 65 Mustang once upon a time, but that's like calling a Nascar a Chevy Camero...

I think all the skidmarks give away the number of takes but still well produced, but i'd imagine he is mostly bark and no bite, but good for a yank. That car though, reminds me of Eleanor(i think that was the nod rather than t2) but takin testosterone;)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

It's a perfectly good mustang destroyed in my opinion and normally i wouldn't care about American cars at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

YbFocus wrote: »
    It's a perfectly good mustang destroyed in my opinion and normally i wouldn't care about American cars at all.

But there must be sh1t loads of old stangs over there so i say why not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

YbFocus wrote: »

The yanks seem to like to take old cars, rip out everything that's old and original about them, in fact get rip out everything except some of the body shell and build up a completely new car out of it. The cover in garish paint and drive the sh*t out of it.
    It's wholesale destruction of classic cars, almost as bad as banger racing for real classic car enthusiasts.
    The problem with doing that to old cars is, they don't make them anymore, so every classic destroyed is lost forever. And one day there'll be nothing original left, all destroyed by "enthusiasts".
    Worst offender: drifting. If you want to get any of those cars popular for drifting today, there won't be any. All wrecked.

Though in this video I'd say they just found a bodyshell and built it up, probably never was a car.
    LOL for the white Bronco,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

hi5 wrote: »

Enjoyed that tks for posting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Not strictly a W-18, but a fantastic piece of work, all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Here's a video on how to make your car run on burning wood. :D

That's some Zombie apocalypse **** right there !

Ver sprung durk technique! :eek:

I'd love to see the NCT mans face when you show up with that.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

GvidoR wrote: »
    Here's a video on how to make your car run on burning wood. :D
    Brilliant, thats some ingenuity. I wonder how far he gets on a load of wood....

One of the follow up videos that youtube has in tiles at the end of that was this one. Some flipping sound .... and a great way to get 100 miles out of the rear tyres :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXipapYSmg&sns=em
    Hope this link works.
    Expensive mistake.

BigEejit wrote: »
    Brilliant, thats some ingenuity. I wonder how far he gets on a load of wood....

Apparently 3 KG of wood = 1 L of petrol.

Love the winch!

How not too drive on black ice and almost get run over by your own car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Wonder how this one ended?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I want two possible endings. Cyclist with a busted lip or some chancer hopping on his bike and racing off.
    Not a regular cyclist I would guess. Too fat.

Too sillibows.

Out the way tossa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

String wrote: »

The perfect crash of an idiot, almost.

- Drive like an idiot
    - Crash
    - Dont hit anyone
    - Kindly deposit themselves in the hedge so they don't block anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

We were talking about gt86's earlier in the chat thread I said I'd throw this up here!
    When they become cheaper... :)

I once had a piss with Fredrick in Mondello Park and he chatted away like I'd known him forever, twas a weird moment. One urinal to another :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Dartz wrote: »

Tires

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Expect the unexpected! I hope the guy in front has seat covers, or he may have brown seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Interslice wrote: »
    Tires

Looks like it got kicked off by a catseye or something. It's a really peculiar one.

Advertisement