Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The YooToob thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bigus wrote: »
    12 mins long make yourself a cuppa before you watch this.
    This is some mad fecker, how he finds the gaps is amazing , don't know the back story.

But I doubt it's his own V8 M3.

Yet for all his crazy antics he seems to stop for red lights !

The back story is everyone wanted his head after the video went live - including the News etc. Nothing happened, his lawyer did good job. They couldn't prove it was dangerous:D

He also owns a GTR and crashed an M3 before. He owns a car rental business in Poland iirc. He was into drifting but wasn't good enough to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Jaysus, I wouldn't even drive like that on a video game
    Bigus wrote: »
    12 mins long make yourself a cuppa before you watch this.
    This is some mad fecker, how he finds the gaps is amazing , don't know the back story.

But I doubt it's his own V8 M3.

Yet for all his crazy antics he seems to stop for red lights !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Jaysus, I wouldn't even drive like that on a video game

I know. I mean, who stops at the traffic lights in a video game? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

The beautiful noise that V8 makes though..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You could never do that in Dublin, everyone tailgates t'fcuk so there'd be no gaps to squeeze through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Youtube user Automobilchannel Nordschleife regularly posts videos of him spectating at various races and tourist trackdays, here's his collection of some of the crashes he managed to catch on camera this year.

There's a reason it's known as the green hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Had a laugh at the guy in the 106 who did a 180 and still wasn't going fast enough to hit the barrier...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Last minute lane changes not such a good idea:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Last minute lane changes not such a good idea:eek:

That was vicious, you could see what looked like schoolbags rolling on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag...Fuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

FYI - the lane change video was non-fatal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

YbFocus wrote: »
    Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag...Fuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :D

The noise of the vvt and turbo coming on song is just epic!

biko wrote: »
    FYI - the lane change video was non-fatal.

Wow my god I am very surprised by that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

wonski wrote: »
    Is this how they re-thread the tires these days:eek:

I don't know if it was ever done in Ireland but back in Central / East Europe rethreading was quite popular. Never had a chance to see how it is done, though.

It's not retreading.
    It's just cutting tread to make it deeper.
    Indeed that was practised in Central / Eastern Europe a while ago.
    F.e. I remember my grandfather used to do it himself.
    And not because he couldn't afford new tyres.
    It was because new tyres were not available on the market, so he could either do that, or drive on bald tyres.

Retreading is still happening, and I don't think there's anything illegal about it in the EU. Plenty of truck tyres are retreaded, and some car ones available as well, even for sale in UK or Ireland.
    Retreading though is about putting new layer of tread onto the tyre - not like what you can see on the video.

Last year I rented a car in Poland with retreaded winter tyres, and I must say while they weren't top of the class, they were surely much better than most chineese stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Adding a layer of rubber and cutting treads into it is bad, as there's no guarantee that the new treads will adhere to the old rubber.

Cutting into the minimum rubber depth that major companies deem as a safe minimum, as a result of massive R&D, on the other hand is insane.

Pique wrote: »
    Adding a layer of rubber and cutting treads into it is bad, as there's no guarantee that the new treads will adhere to the old rubber.

Cutting into the minimum rubber depth that major companies deem as a safe minimum, as a result of massive R&D, on the other hand is insane.

We see this a lot in drifting, an original will always hold longer but the odd re-threaded tyre we came across will tear to bits.
    We never get all the thread used, they always come apart, the new ply lifts off the original surface every time so they definitely aren't as strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

All large aircraft gyres are retreaded up to 10 times due to the expense of manufacturing new tyres.

And now I want a GTR.

CianRyan wrote: »
    And now I want a GTR.

Did you not always want one like me :D

• Advertisement

Did you not always want one like me :D

Well yeah but when you see that it just makes you depressed because you can't afford one. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

rizzodun wrote: »
    Youtube user Automobilchannel Nordschleife regularly posts videos of him spectating at various races and tourist trackdays, here's his collection of some of the crashes he managed to catch on camera this year.

There's a reason it's known as the green hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjD8mSjFjs

It never ceases to amaze and annoy me how many people on these 'ring crash videos break the rules of the road and don't stop and warn other drivers when they are the first car on the scene of a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Macau F3 Crash almost takes out entire grid

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How to make a strange car ad.

http://youtu.be/kdT9oURGtTc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Ken Block is back.
    845WHP 4wd '67 Mustang.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Wow my god I am very surprised by that!

Yeah I deffo thought Mammy an kids are fuuuucked in that vid tbh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Hal1 wrote: »
    Hats off to that guy and the shear amount of effort involved, it's an absolutely flawless job, but a poxy mazda 6? I'd have left it in that ditch.

The point (which went over your head) was that he did it for 1/3rd of the price of a Genuine mazda replacement panel...

And whats poxy about a Mazda 6?
    For instance in it class the Mondeo for example had such a shítty 1.8 petrol engine that Ford replaced it with another
    manufacturers engine instead....Yep you guessed it...

a poxy Mazda 6 wan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'm sure he did save a lot by doing most of the work himself.

I know someone who went through a nightmare with their mazda 6 with piston ring trouble (the 1.8 variant). I know they are not all bad, and a lot of manufacturers share there engines with others. That's no secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

I appreciate Ken Block's amazing skill but am I the only one who finds those Gymkhana videos over produced and boring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

The OJ bit was funny, and the viaduct bit is apparently a nod to the T2, but that car is f++king outrageous.

Advertisement