Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning Breath Kiss?

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I don't mind kissing with morning breath, just no tongues! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

JennyBee wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a stickler for oral hygiene and I've noticed that people who floss before bed rarely,if ever, have bad morning breath. I'd have no problems wearing the face off my boyfriend first thing in the morning, because we're both nighttime flossers and garglers!

Yeah I'm a stickler for Oral Hygiene, I go crazy if my boyfriend doesn't brush his teeth before bed....especially after drinking. I think drinking creates the worst morning breath.

I have met some people who have such bad morning breath that it makes me wretch. Eurgh...
    Shivers26 wrote: »
    First morning kiss = no tongues then morning breath is not a huge issue :D This would just be with my boyfriend as well. Its a long time since ive had a strange man in my bed.

Anything more than a quick kiss and I would have to brush my teeth.

I agree no tongues, they have a manky coating on them in the morning. Eurgh!!

Piste wrote: »
    1)Dont use tongue
    2)Breathe through your nose.

And you're sorted :)

Agreed!

I always have a glass of water at least by my bed anyway. if I've been out drinking the night before and the bf stays over or I stay in his then I'd tend to get up and brush my teeth, not so much purposely but I need to get up & pee anyway (stoopid bladder) so I do it while i'm there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Shivers26 wrote: »
    First morning kiss = no tongues then morning breath is not a huge issue :D This would just be with my boyfriend as well. Its a long time since ive had a strange man in my bed.

Anything more than a quick kiss and I would have to brush my teeth.

i am the exact same. me and my guy give each other little kisses in the morning as think we are both conscious of our morning breath. if we want bigger kisses i would have to brush my teeth. and think he would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

never really bothered me at all.. maybe ive just very clean mouthed boyfriends :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

This thread reminds me I need to find a dentist soon!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I used to worry that I might have bad breath in the mornings, but my boyfriend says I don't, and he certainly doesn't, so now I just let myself enjoy the moment! I love sleepy, snuggly, affectionate morning kisses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I don't try to kiss my gf with morning breath and she doesn't try to kiss me after eh...performing certain deeds. Everyone's a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

PeakOutput wrote: »
    i keep a bottle of water beside my bed usually and taking a sig makes a big difference i think. dosnt get rid of it completely but enough for those first few kisses

Good advice -- we usually have some water next to the bed, a few swills definitely helps. And if you really want to let some less-than-pleasant breath stand in the way of you and morning nookie, fine . . . just kiss with your mouth closed.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Himself used to have awful morning breath until he stopped smoking. It's so much nicer now he's stopped. Much more eager to kiss him now. Smoking boyfriends take note!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 siobhanc

me and himself have a quick kiss in the mornings (no tongues...) and then usually one or other of us needs to pee and so uses the opportunity to brush!this normally masks the morning breath of the other person enough to have proper kisses (until the other needs to pee of course). tada! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

xzanti wrote: »
    We have a mutual unspoken agreement to keep it to a 'loving peck' until the teeth are brushed :D

As it should be :) Nothing worse then morning breath... oh or smelly feet :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Christ, getting up for work would be that much more unbearable if I wasn't able to get a kiss and an "I love you". SHE's pretty honest/blunt so I imagine she'd tell me if it was nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

ick ick ick I hate morning breath. Give me 5 mins to at least get a drink of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

if my breath is bad, no one's ever complained. which is stupid on their part cause if their breath was bad i would...

i will always go in for a morning kiss, and i would have no problem with a guy saying i was a bit stinky and could i brush my teeth, these things happen. i'd be more offended if he kissed me repeatedly and didn't think he could say anything despite being disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

i've been with my boyf for 2 years, and from the start i always refused to kiss him in the morning, except for lil pecks. . .can't stand kissin someone with it, or knowing that i have it. . .so we keep water n chewing gum at the bedside, and both use them. . .no problems as a result! i think i'd gag if i had to kiss someone with morning breath, n i'd be more embarrassed if i thought my breath smelt, r a guy was put off, rather than taking a minute to chew some gum! :cool:

Advertisement