Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning Breath Kiss?

Options
  • 17-10-2008 12:50am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A lad stays over, either with you or on the couch (or you are waking up to your live together b/f or husband), and in the morning when you first wake up, you feel like a kiss. Do you kiss, knowing you have morning breath, or do you do something to freshen your breath first (grab a mint, brush your teeth, gargle mouth wash, or what...)? I just love kissing in the morning, but not with morning breath! Yuk!

Lads can reverse roles and comment if they like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hmm, I usually don't mind morning breath really unless it's unbelievably bad. Sure, i know i probably got it too so if they can stand it then so can i.

Besides, waking up to a kiss is awesome and i happily take a dose of morning breath for it.

That said if they stayed at mine and i'm the one doing the waking i usually go brush my teeth first ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Oh god.
    If its not that bad I dont mind, but I was going out with a guy last year and he would always go in for the morning kiss (btw, I always brush my teeth beforehand, just in case) ;) and he had such bad morning breath......I considered buying a toothbrush for him, was worried he might be offended by it....

It varies from person to person but I'm consiering always having a spare toothbrush on hand in case :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Bijoux wrote: »
    Oh god.
    If its not that bad I dont mind, but I was going out with a guy last year and he would always go in for the morning kiss (btw, I always brush my teeth beforehand, just in case) ;) and he had such bad morning breath......I considered buying a toothbrush for him, was worried he might be offended by it....

It varies from person to person but I'm consiering always having a spare toothbrush on hand in case :pac:

Why didn't he already have one? Dirty fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Chewing on parsleys supposed to be good for bad breath although maybe not frist thing in the moring in bed with other udder half beside you .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Had to lol at the udder half :pac:
    Tbh if someone wanted to kiss me I wouldn't really be thinking about their breath its been far too long :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

breath its been far too long :(

Said in best Al Murray voice :pac:

I'd normally chew gum or brush my teeth beforehand, morning breath stinks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

latchyco wrote: »
    Chewing on parsleys supposed to be good for bad breath although maybe not frist thing in the moring in bed with other udder half beside you .;)
    I've heard that too, but what if you had green leaves still in your teeth?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lick them out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I had the opertunity to kiss a gorgeous lad during the summer, but alas morning breath got in our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

Bijoux wrote: »
    Oh god.

Its not offensive... , while there may be some issues/questions about why you might have "spares" (generally everyone has a few brushes around), and where the toothbrush as been before, it is safe to "assume" everyone brushes their teeth at night and in the morning ....

but having said that .. I have had a toothbrush thrust at me... and now that I think about it.. I'm kinda wondering, should I have put a condom on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

tribulus wrote: »
    Why didn't he already have one? Dirty fecker!

Think that was ment as in he was staying at hers overnight and she was going to get a toothbrush for him at her house.

I personally wouldn't go in for the kill incase of morning breath but generally keep some chewing gum with me at all times so its not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

wow, ye lot are alot more proper than me. I don't know if it offends but when i wake up beside herself, first thing i want to do is give her a kiss. No complaints yet about morning breath so hopefully it's not too bad. i'd like to think she would let me know otherwise. I really love morning affections :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

im quite aware of my morning breath although iv never had any complaints

i keep a bottle of water beside my bed usually and taking a sig makes a big difference i think. dosnt get rid of it completely but enough for those first few kisses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Smints ftw. Sit up first though, might choke otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

If it's not that bad, I can deal with it, some kisses are worth it. Anyway, if I'm kissing someone with morning breath I more than likely have it too.

If it's really bad, not a chance.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jaysus, worrying about morning breath?
    Everyone gets it, although I've never noticed it, and its the last thing on my mind when I get a kiss first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Everyone gets it, but would so many of you really get out of bed from beside the person when you wake up, go brush your teeth before getting back into bed to give someone a kiss???

SCREW THAT!!!

I don't think anyone escapes getting "morning breath", but no way in hell would I get out of bed to go brush my teeth before getting back in to give her ladyship a kiss! And those that do, don't you find that it makes the other persons morning breath seem worse???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JennyBee

I'm a bit of a stickler for oral hygiene and I've noticed that people who floss before bed rarely,if ever, have bad morning breath. I'd have no problems wearing the face off my boyfriend first thing in the morning, because we're both nighttime flossers and garglers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think nothing of it, tbh. can be difficult getting a kiss off my fella first thing when he's cnovinced he's got awful morning breath, (but has no problem kissing me straight after smoking)... but no probs wtih it on my end at all. rarely think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

First morning kiss = no tongues then morning breath is not a huge issue :D This would just be with my boyfriend as well. Its a long time since ive had a strange man in my bed.

Anything more than a quick kiss and I would have to brush my teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Jeez it's been so long since I've had to consider this that I'm getting all wisful!

I would be very conscious of morning breath but then if the moment takes you morning breath is very quickly forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

I don't think anyone escapes getting "morning breath", but no way in hell would I get out of bed to go brush my teeth before getting back in to give her ladyship a kiss! And those that do, don't you find that it makes the other persons morning breath seem worse???
    Well i'd be up to get a glass of water or tea/coffee for herself (generally avoid caffeine if i can) so wouldn't be getting out of bed JUST to brush my teeth.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We have a mutual unspoken agreement to keep it to a 'loving peck' until the teeth are brushed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I've heard that too, but what if you had green leaves still in your teeth?:eek:
    Then off to the gynecology clinic

I kiss my frog every morning and she hasnt once complained of bad breath :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Seriously people really get out of bed to do their teeth if they're lazing in bed at the weekend?
    So if yis start kissing and things get heated do you pop into the bathroom in the middle of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

My OH tastes lovely in the morning. Honestly, i don't know about me but he never complains, i can't get enough sleeply kisses in the morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

1)Dont use tongue
    2)Breathe through your nose.

And you're sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I don't like kissing first thing unless i've done the colgate listerine thing.. my BF never minds though! He doesn't mind if i have morning breath but my stomach turns at the thoughts of it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

first thing i do , person there or otherwise , is brush my teeth
    hate the idea of kissing with morning breath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

I couldnt care less about her breath,I'm more grateful to be waking beside her\(orshouldthatbehappy?:P)

Advertisement