Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The Stena-Line one with Dom Jolly is starting to get on my nerves.

'I like to call it a car cation, like a vacation with my car'

and do the phones really work that well over water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

That Insurance 4women ad is directed by Dannan Breathnach. I doubly hate it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Probably mentioned before, but that shagging Vodafone ad with the girl comforting her mate outside a Kodaline gig really gets on my tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Why are UPC doing this to us??? WHY!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    That Insurance 4women ad is directed by Dannan Breathnach. I doubly hate it now.
    Who?

For the laugh I just got a quote off insurance4women, putting in all my details apart from name and contact but specifying I'm male.

They were 100 quid cheaper than what I pay now, which was by far the best rate I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Thargor wrote: »
    Who?

I was looking a 'The making of' the ad on youtube. This guy called Dannan is speaking - I thought I knew his head from somewhere. He used to be a presenter on MTV I think years ago. For some reason I used to get annoyed back in the day whnever I'd see his mug. And now he's 'directing' one of the most stupid ads on TV. Anger... rising slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG-cVRlGXw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Probably mentioned before, but that shagging Vodafone ad with the girl comforting her mate outside a Kodaline gig really gets on my tits.

You'd need comfort after going through a Kodaline concert. For feck's sake, Kodaline even sounds like a depressant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

The flash magic eraser ad. The voice used just goes right through me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Just saw new Irish Water ad on 3E. :mad:

What I heard (in a voice that sounds like someone addressing toddlers) was:

"We're sending you some bullcrap in the post to sign between here and September, so that afterwards, in the face of possible legal challenges, we can claim you signed a contract with us, thereby proving that you requested our phoney baloney services.
    Irish Water, safeguarding plush lifestyles for the corrupt, overpaid and uberrich."

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Type "2014 US Open Tennis Sky Sports Promo" into youtube and listen to the worst thing in existence

(couldnt post the URL because I'm a new user :( )

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I was looking a 'The making of' the ad on youtube. This guy called Dannan is speaking - I thought I knew his head from somewhere. He used to be a presenter on MTV I think years ago. For some reason I used to get annoyed back in the day whnever I'd see his mug. And now he's 'directing' one of the most stupid ads on TV. Anger... rising slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG-cVRlGXw

So you went to school with him and hate him?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Type "2014 US Open Tennis Sky Sports Promo" into youtube and listen to the worst thing in existence

(couldnt post the URL because I'm a new user :( )

Fat black woman rapping?

Fat black woman rapping?

Yes

"The heat man, the heat!!"

Dear Jesus

Heard a new bit of banter from Birdseye today as well

Dad "Eat up there. You're gonna need all dat energy

*awkward pause*

for skool!"

Son "I can believe oi got Meester Brady this year"

*sigh* Is it just me or are adds especially terrible these days??

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

ivytwine wrote: »
    Oh that ad grinds my gears, it's ALL the awful stereotypes in one place!
    "Hord working Moms"

who in the name of jaysus called the mammy mom, it was always mam in our house..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

O and the AIG ad . just came on there reminded me how I'd love to kidnap and torture him
    Can't stand them either, but at least the main guy has a bit of charisma about him (even if the dialogue is horrific). His flatmate on the other hand, creeps me the f*** out. Looks like a really bland reject from a Tim Burton movie as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

L'Oreal True Match Foundation with Eva Longoria.

"My face is a mosaic of all the faces that came before it."

WHAT?!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yes

"The heat man, the heat!!"

Dear Jesus

Heard a new bit of banter from Birdseye today as well

Dad "Eat up there. You're gonna need all dat energy

*awkward pause*

for skool!"

Son "I can believe oi got Meester Brady this year"

*sigh* Is it just me or are adds especially terrible these days??
    Well youd better have the last fish finger *Explosive Laughter*

I hate that ad, cant look away its so bad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mrty

Those woeful rte tv licence adverts. Brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Car ad with people driving around dancing and singing out of tune. Great idea driving through a city with your eyes shut while you wail and squawk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Car ad with people driving around dancing and singing out of tune. Great idea driving through a city with your eyes shut while you wail and squawk.

Probably the worst such ad is the one from a few years back for the Suzuki Grand Vitara, in which everyone is "singing" Joey Ramone's rocked-up cover of 'What A Wonderful World'... *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

The "No Nansense" insurance ads. Dear Jesus they are irritating. And that accent. Grrr.

The Tesco "back to school" add

The tinwhistle in the background (or whatever instrument it is) is beginning to get on my nerves.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Probably mentioned already but that annoying ad for Three Ireland, "Three Little Words", featuring the couple going through their various relationships phases is practically nauseating, combined with the fact that the actress has a face like a bloated mushroom and the narrator who sounds like his balls have been caught in a vice just gets on my nerves. I hit the mute button when that ad comes on......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Probably mentioned already but that annoying ad for Three Ireland, "Three Little Words", featuring the couple going through their various relationships phases is practically nauseating, combined with the fact that the actress has a face like a bloated mushroom and the narrator who sounds like his balls have been caught in a vice just gets on my nerves. I hit the mute button when that ad comes on......
    It's the ad version of the Notebook and it bothers me....still....leave yer wan alone :pac:

I actually quite like that ad... Fair bit of effort went into it in terms of the quality of the filmmaking which is something I always appreciate, it might be a bit naff in terms of the actual content but it's better than that bloody Fixodent one with a awful audio levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

D'Agger wrote: »
    It's the ad version of the Notebook and it bothers me....still....leave yer wan alone :pac:

Whatever your into bud...........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

It's beyond a year old now but that three ad still makes me want to vomit with rage. You know the one: "Three little words". Voiced by some mono-toned little spanner who sounds like the kind of insufferable gimp who you'd actively avoid standing next to in a nightclub. That ad makes me want to find that chap so I can repeatedly smash his face in with a blunt instrument. Three little words? I've three little words for ya: the last one's "Yourself". The first one's "Go". I'll leave you to figure out the second one.

And while I'm here, how about that ridiculously inane Heineken ad going about. If I ever find these people, I'll never be able to restrain myself from grabbing a box of bottles and forcefully internally drowning them in Heineken before violently beating them to death with the empty bottles.

Anyway, I best be off before I burst a vessel.

*Screams into a pillow*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Just looked it up and yeah it is annoying but I dunno how you think yer wan has a face like a mushroom,she looks fine to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement