Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Jobs Available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Mechanical Design Engineer position at Marco Beverage Systems.

Details here: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/10809798?trk=job_nov

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is there anyone actually a graduate engineer. Why would bother considering there is sod all jobs, chances are your going to emigrate. So just do an IT degree and you have no worries about employment.
    That's the spirit! Nice and defeatist. :rolleyes: (according to your first post, you're a farmer)

Please keep the jobs coming guys!
    Ging Ging wrote: »
    There are jobs, the amount posted on this thread is a tiny reflection. Keep them coming is right. Not every engineer is a civil engineer you know Greenfield. Civil have been hit the hardest but other engineering sectors are looking up.
    Graduate jobs in anything (maybe bar IT) however are thin on the ground, I'm looking at the moment and it seems like jobsbridge is hoovering up graduate/entry level positions. Im still hopeful though.

Keep all post job related

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Is there anyone actually a graduate engineer. Why would bother considering there is sod all jobs, chances are your going to emigrate. So just do an IT degree and you have no worries about employment.

I was last year. and the market was pretty much the same.
    I applied around, got a temporary job as a technician.
    I proved competent and was given a permanent position as an engineer.

Fast forward another 6 months, a position opened up above and I got it. Now I have a staff, a responsible position and a few pay rises.

Chin up, check your CV for spelling mistakes and be willing to pay dues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ninorc2012

Civil/structural Engineer required for upcoming projects.

West Cork based consultancy

Send CVs to ciaran@crocon.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Got am email from a recruitment crowd earlier on today thought I might throw this up.
    I hope all is well with you. CCP have been retained by Pall in the UK to recruit for a number of key roles within their sites in Newquay and llfracombe.
    Pall operate in the industrial and lifesciences sectors and have a diverse range of businesses in these divisions.

The Newquay site opened in 1988 and currently has just under 400 employees, 22 employees in the engineering function and 22 in the quality department. The IIfracombe site opened in 1978 and currently employs 564 staff of which 42 are in the engineering function and 24 in the quality department. The Pall Newquay manufacture medical products and filter membranes whilst the Ilfracombe site operates in the Pharmaceutical and Aerospace Industries. These sites are both non-unionised and have a progressive style operation with a hands-on approach. They are seeking individuals who are self-starters, driven and motivated.

Product / Process / Manufacturing Engineering Roles
    I have attached the links to each of these roles on our website, information on Newquay and Iifracombe, the advertising campaign (just in case you missed it), and corporate company information.

Senior Product Engineer requires experience with six sigma, risk assessment, FMEA and process validation in a regulated environment.
    http://www.ccprecruit.ie/job/jobdetails/72976/Senior_Product_Engineer/

Manufacturing Engineer requires experience with line support, process improvements and Autocad.
    http://www.ccprecruit.ie/job/jobdetails/72973/Manufacturing_Engineer/

Process Improvement Engineer requires experience in process improvements, equipment validation and statistical tools.
    http://www.ccprecruit.ie/job/jobdetails/72974/Process_Improvement_Engineer/

We are also recruiting for a number of key roles in quality which are outlined in the advertising campaign, just in case you know anyone within this field. Please be advised we offer a referral bonus which is detailed on http://www.ccprecruit.ie/refer-a-friend/ for anybody referred.

The roles offer competitive salaries, benefits and relocation packages. Have you entertained the thought of emigrating? Are you free to discuss today or tomorrow? In the meantime, would you mind emailing your most up to date CV highlighting the relevant skill set required?
    If these roles do not meet your career aspirations would you mind forwarding it to anyone who you believe may be interested, i.e. someone relocating, taking redundancy, perhaps unemployed or seeking a change? If your career path or geographical preferences have changed please let me know to ensure I forward relevant job descriptions in future.

Kindest regards,

Roisin McNamara
    0863073779 / 091730022

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Engineering-Adviser-7291349.aspx

Engineering Advisor with a Civil background to Concern.

Wages look good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 groovypetal

International work with JBBarry and Partners Limited, jbbarry.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

2 x Project Engineer (Medical) at the University of Sheffield, Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)

Fixed-term for 24 months
    Salary: Grade 6, £24,289 to £28,132 per annum.
    Closing Date: 13th May 2014

Project Engineer (Medical) - 2 Posts

• Registered Users Posts: 33 atog

so many options :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

3 month Product Design role for a Graduate in Dublin that looks like it'd be very beneficial to a grads career

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Product-Design-Graduate-7320593.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Meath county council hiring senior engineers. http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/11550.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Position going at Camlin Group in Lisburn for a Junior Engineer

http://www.nijobs.com/Junior-Mechanical-Design-Engineer-Job-1045656.aspx

I cannot understate how good of an opportunity this would be for a Junior Mechanical engineer with some 3D experience.

1-2 years experience would be plenty for that position provided the applicant has a good degree and 3D experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Positions for Senior Resident Engineer and Resident Engineers for Road Projects in Galway/ Wexford Areas

Chartred Engineers, Detailed Knowledge of the Public Works Contract, Expereince of the Supervison of Road Scheme

SRE >10 yrs Site Experience

RE > 5 Yrs Site Experience

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭davyd07

Positions for Senior Resident Engineer and Resident Engineers for Road Projects in Galway/ Wexford Areas

Chartred Engineers, Detailed Knowledge of the Public Works Contract, Expereince of the Supervison of Road Scheme

Where is this advertised?

Its not and won't be if we get the right candidates, alot of jobs is about who you know

• Registered Users Posts: 13,486 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

dvcireland wrote: »

To add to your post.

They are looking for 6 graduate engineers ! Placement is for 3 years with a salary of €25,500k. Good money for a civil/structural graduate.

3 years is a long fixed term contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

con1982 wrote: »
    To add to your post.

They are looking for 6 graduate engineers ! Placement is for 3 years with a salary of €25,500k. Good money for a civil/structural graduate.

€25,500k after 3 years(or have I misinterpreted that)? That's an atrocious salary!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

€25,500k after 3 years(or have I misinterpreted that)? That's an atrocious salary!
    I would agree its a poor salary, but its higher than alot of the private companies are offering in their graduate programs.

One of the largest project management and consultancy companies in the country were offering level 8 graduates a wage starting at €19000 per annum for 4 year graduate program last year i think it rose to €26000 at the end of the program.

That said i got summer work in a smaller engineering company this year, with just my level 7 degree and trade background, with a €26000 salary. I will be continuing on to my level 8 in September so a fair wage considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I got 26k after one year in electronics quality. I wasn't too impressed but dues are there to be paid.

At least it was a great work environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Materials Engineer (5 year post starting at €42,394 Closing Date: August 25th 2014 )

Hi Folks,
    CREST is seeking to employ a Materials Engineer (or equivalent) with sufficient industrial experience to deliver essential technical expertise through the CREST Technology Gateway. Position details can be found on the CREST Website . The
    The successful candidate will be working on materials projects for Irish companies and MNC's.
    Examples of current companies we work with would include Pfizer, C & F Automotive, Galco, Kingspan, ABB, Burnside, OPW, DCC.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

CatFromHue wrote: »
    3 years is a long fixed term contract!

As far as I know its the maximum length of a fixed term contract. A permanent contract has to be offered if the employee is retained. Otherwise they are let go.

Got an email earlier this week about jobs going in Lotusworks...
    Here are our open jobs:

Galway

Manufacturing Engineer , based on global manufacturing site, working on projects, line support, process improvements
    Quality Engineer, working in medical devices supporting manufacturing.

Limerick

Calibration Technician, Permanent, Process Calibrations, Instrumentation, working within our team on a medical device site
    Validation Engineer, Process & Equipment, Medical Device Site
    Process Excellence Engineer, Medical Device Site
    Facilities Engineer, Medical Device Site

Cork

Validation Engineer, Process, Equipment, Medical Device Site
    QA Manufacturing Engineer, strong experience needed in QA and Validation here

Dublin

Calibration Technician, Full-time permanent job. Open to E&I or I&C background, you will be working on process calibrations and commissioning

I've dealt with Lotusworks before. They seem like a very good company to work for

Looking for a CAD technician/ designer for a busy highway consultancy practice in Dublin 16. Would be working on predominantly road schemes (D&B, PPP, NRA and NTA Projects)

Candidates with knowledge of MX, Sign Design Packages is an added benefit.

Applicants should have experience working on roads and highways projects

Minimum 2-3 yrs experience desirable.

PM me for further details

Stryker in Carrigtwohil, Cork are running a grad scheme at the moment.

http://www.stryker.jobs/

Go to "current openings" and do a search for Carrigtwohill

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dots104

dvcireland wrote: »

Ah its gone!! Have i missed my chance to apply?

DPS Engineering lookng for someone to work in Astellas in Killorglin
    PACKAGING TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT

* Kerry

* Negotiable

* Contract

* Updated 27/08/2014 APPLY NOW

DESCRIPTION

A job opportunity currently exists for a Packaging Technology assistant, the successful candidate will preferably have 2+ years experience in a Manufacturing environment in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry. The role is mainly an administrative type role within the Supply Chain Department. Successful applicant must be a good communicator with good attention to detail and be able to work on their own initiative.

Job – Packaging Technology Assistant

A job opportunity currently exists for a Packaging Technology Assistant. the successful candidate will preferably have 2+ years experience in a Manufacturing environment in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.

The Packaging Technology Assistant will support the introduction of new/revised packaging materials for launches or revisions. Assist in the development of specifications and technical contracts for the procurement of packaging Materials.

Function & responsibilities to include:

* Support the Introduction of new packaging materials to facilitate packaging revisions and launches of new products

* Prepare technical contracts and SOP’s.

* Communicate timeframes with Planning, Production, QC, and other departments.

* Support SAP activities to make Supply Chain more efficient

* Investigate material issues that arise in production or elsewhere and co-ordinate Vendor complaints

* Prepare Bill of Materials using SAP

* Support Production trials for new or changed packaging materials

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 BattyJoe

see link here :

See careers link on gridns.com

Advertisement