Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Jobs Available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ninorc2012

I am looking for advice on where to find experienced structural engineer for an engineering cunsultancy in Cork, they have to be a good all rounder should I advertise on the newspaper or on here or go through recutment agency? I would consider a business partner as the practice is coming up to 1 years trading and the volumn of work is alot for one person but rates are low so someone to shair the pain and the gain would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Engineers Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 groovypetal

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JFduley

Hey has anybody heard from Iarnrod Eireann yet, I got the interview about two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting ......Anxiously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Came across this and thought it might be of interest to some people here

http://www.eaireland.com/about-the-eai/employment-opportunities.711.html

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

JFduley wrote: »
    Hey has anybody heard from Iarnrod Eireann yet, I got the interview about two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting ......Anxiously.

Did you do the interview for the graduate position or for the two mid-level jobs advertised by engineers Ireland? I applied for the latter but heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2Cans

The position they have to fill is as follows:
    System Engineer for Millennium Controls Ltd. Based in Midlands UK.
    We have an apartment for the Engineer to stay in so this is taken care of.
    The Engineer/Technician will have a strong Craft/Instrumentation background and be covering a number of sites we provide support for our Client Biffa.
    The main site is an Anaerobic Digestion Plant (2 years old) in Cannock – about 20 miles from Birmingham Airport.
    They will be expected to troubleshoot and support any problems with the Control Systems for the plant.
    They will also be involved as part of a team upgrading certain items within the plant and with two other plants in Leicester.
    We are also currently involved with a large new facility in Horsham – 20 miles from Gatwick
    They will receive training of the plant and will be given further training on Siemens PLC Logic Development and Cimplicity SCADA Systems.
    The role is an ongoing position but we see a 3 year development curve for the Engineer as they gain more experience in Control Systems, their installation, software development, commissioning and support.

This is an immediate vacancy which we are looking to meet candidates as soon as Monday or over the weekend in our office in Rosemount Business Park.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Paul Murphy

Millennium Controls Ltd
    32E Rosemount Business Park
    Ballycoolin, Dublin 11, Ireland
    Ph: +353 1 803 0333
    Fax: +353 1 803 0338
    Mob: +353 87 2253264
    E-Mail: paul@millennium-controls.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Atkins are looking for a Resident Engineer:
    http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Resident-Engineer-7122545.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

We've a couple of jobs available here in CREST in DIT. The closing date is August 18th and details can be found here.

We're looking for a Materials Engineer and a Coatings Formulator.

Feel free to forward!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Callaghan Engineering

We have an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer (permanent) with 7+ years experience in MV and HV installations, Dublin based. Details at http://www.calleng.ie/senior-electrical-engineer1.html

Irish Water have a few jobs going, with several more in the pipeline (dum tish) apparently. Up on water.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Previously_On

Fisher & Paykel Healthcare (Auckland, NZ) have an upcoming heavy recruitment drive in Ireland looking for Engineers (see the advert from the Galway newspapers attached).

"We are really excited about our recruitment trip to Ireland at the end of October/early November and our current focus is on attracting candidates to our 3 Fisher & Paykel Healthcare career networking events:

Dublin – 30 October 6-9pm
    Galway – 31 October 12-2pm
    Dublin Overseas Expo - 2 & 3 November"

Or see website
    fph.snaphire.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I always think it's strange that medical companies never explicitly state they want electronic engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

We've more jobs available here in CREST in DIT. The closing date is October 17th and details can be found here.

We're looking for a Materials Engineer (starting at €42k) and Postgraduate researchers (stipend of €16k Tax-free + fees).

Feel free to forward!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Fisher & Paykel Healthcare (Auckland, NZ) have an upcoming heavy recruitment drive in Ireland looking for Engineers (see the advert from the Galway newspapers attached).

"We are really excited about our recruitment trip to Ireland at the end of October/early November and our current focus is on attracting candidates to our 3 Fisher & Paykel Healthcare career networking events:

Dublin – 30 October 6-9pm
    Galway – 31 October 12-2pm
    Dublin Overseas Expo - 2 & 3 November"

Or see website
    fph.snaphire.com

I've just been looking at some of positions listed on their website, I've forgotten just how different job ads are over there. For example:

"Over dinner, you try to explain Bernoulli's principal to your spouse. Later, you fall asleep by counting CFD mesh cells. You wake up at 3am with a creative solution for a new product feature. You visualise mould split lines on your drive in to work. Once at work, you grab a coffee and jump straight into a discussion with the rest of your team of mechanical, electronic and software engineers about how to implement your latest idea. After having a laugh with them about the latest Dilbert cartoon, you open up Creo and start expertly drafting parts for the new concept, while the electronics boffins pull together some circuits and software to support it."

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I read an article about owner of this company, they seem like a decent outfit.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/how-a-small-engineering-company-from-ireland-conquered-the-middle-east-29667395.html

because of the location of their projects, they require candidates to be willing to travel

http://www.blpge.com/careers/current-vacancies

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Thewanderer_ie

Does anybody know of anybody looking for independent contractors? I work from home as a mechanical design engineer, and am going through a very slow spell right now, so need some more contacts/customers.
    I figure some companies don't want full-timers, but need help on certain projects or at short notice, which is what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Thewanderer_ie

I got a couple good leads there by PM, just wanted to say "Thank you" publicly to those who did help.
    Still looking for more of course...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

BBA Reman in Barcelona are looking for English speaking Engineers:

http://www.jobsinspain.ie/main/index/1/advanced/0/0/date/all/0/0/20/0/0/0/0/0/0/reman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

Any transport planners here?

This company are looking for people:

http://www.prparchitects.co.uk/

I applied and got this as a response:

"Further to my previous email to acknowledge receipt of your application, we have since reviewed all the candidates details received. Whilst we have not been inundated with suitable candidates, despite also enlisting the help of 3 separate recruitment agencies, it is important that we have the right skills and experience necessary for the role."

There seems to be a bit of a shortfall. They're an architecture firm looking to start a new transport department so they're only looking for experienced people (my downfall).

Someone here might have better luck.

MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL CLERK OF WORKS

St Patricks College Drumcondra, Dublin, Ireland

Closing date 4th December 2013

http://www.engineersireland.ie/Services/Employment-Services/Job-Desk/Jobs/2013/MECHANICAL-ELECTRICAL-CLERK-OF-WORKS.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HondaLuc

Just came across this thread, some great stuff here guys keep the leads coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Hi, I work for an international consulting firm, an opportunity has arisen to work on Europe’s biggest infrastructure project, at the facility which it is hoped will produce fusion energy, a cheap and clean source of power for the future. The site is based in one of the most beautiful areas of France, the contract is being run in English it seems so French speaking ability is not a necessity. PM me to apply

Couple of Links

http://www.iter.org/album/construction/layout#2274. The infrastructure engineer would have responsibilities for the galleries, drainage, roads etc

For a beginner’s guide to fusion energy, which is the ultimate goal, please follow this link http://www.iter.org/sci/whatisfusion

The infrastructure role is an opportunity to work on a major project combining science and engineering, involving many of the world’s nationalities with the ultimate aim of proving fusion so that cheap & clean electricity can be produced for future generations.

Here is a link to the recent BBC news item (shown on main news slots) for ITER http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23408073to show that there is UK interest in the project.

Job Purpose:
    Title PM Infrastructure and Interface Manager - ITER Fusion Energy Project, France
    supporting F4E (Site Buildings and Power Supply dept) for
    The project management including technical expertise for construction contract of site infrastructure
    The management of physical interfaces

Duties:
    Assessment of the Architect engineer design
    Monitor of Architect Engineer control of Constructor activities.
    Participate to work surveillance activities of infrastructure
    Support for physical clashes resolution with most effective solution for the client
    Control of the design development through interfaces between different PBS’s and different Tender Batches (TB’s), through the implementation of Interface Control Documents and Interface Control Sheets.
    Represent F4E at Design Integration Reviews and at Model Approval Meetings.
    Report to SBPS for the support mission;

Skills/qualifications:
    General for the mission
    Personal behavior
    Team spirit oriented
    Respect of Quality and health & safety policies
    Word, xcel, powerpoint, msproject basic use
    Ability to keep up to date in his field of responsibility self-development
    Continuous improvement and productivity increase behavior
    Positive and proactive attitude and contribution even if not fully agree with decision and/or instruction
    Communication and reporting
    Collect of relevant information for his activities
    Chair and issue minutes of meeting
    Define action plan, Drive working groups, Report on progress
    Report regularly his activities on synthetic way /executive mode
    Escalate issue to management and client when required
    Define, monitor and improve Progress indicators and Key performances indicators
    Clear Commitment definition and proper information if slippage
    Production
    Robust, accurate and pertinent substantiation
    Detailed and accurate quantification of risks
    Clear, realistic and understandable recommendations and continuous improvement process propositions

Specific to the Job
    • To provide to the Architect Engineer and qualify the input data under all their applicable forms (IO input data, interface sheets, integration reports, PCRs, F4E management and constraints specifications),
    • To be F4E / SO responsible for the outstanding Final ‘Delta’ Design Reviews and the Manufacturing Readiness Reviews. Preparation of the review Arrangements and Schedule and subsequent management and updating of the review process.
    • To manage the Chit management process and Tracking Document following Design Reviews, and to participate to the elaboration of the Forward Action Plans until design approval by IO,
    • To obtain comprehensive and accurate answers for input data clarifications (Request for information)
    • To manage the infrastructure PBS Control Group and TB08, and TB AP Construction Groups
    • To define the Control Plan to assure that the Architect Engineer’s work and the Contractors’ works conform to the requirements,
    • To comment on the design and recommend to F4E the instruction to be given to the Architect Engineer,
    • To review the Modification Files / Process Change Requests impacting the PBS ,
    • To control integration of the infrastructure PBS disciplines inside F4E project office and with other PBSs
    • To monitor the overall schedule of delivery and forward planning
    • To support a safety culture
    • To assesses the constructability of the solutions proposed by the Architect Engineer and the Contractors together with the schedule and the overall project constraints
    • To support the Contracting Managers in properly specifying the requirements to be satisfied by the Contractors onitor the overall schedule of delivery and forward planning
    • To be Responsible for the design, tendering and construction including the engineering work in order to deliver the PBS in conformity with the requirements, the integration needs and the interfaces.
    Experience required:
    Large industrial projects (preferably in nuclear projects) with schedule constraint and multiple interfaces
    Underground Galleries carrying SIC and non SIC electrical,
    Technical knowledge in
    o I&C,
    o fluid services
    o Precipitation Water Industrial Water Drainage; Sanitary Water Drainage networks
    o Roads and Laydown Areas;
    o Plant Bridges;
    o Special Foundations;
    o Fencing,
    o Outdoor Lighting.
    Working with people on a remote location would be appreciate

Languages: English (mandatory)
    French and Spanish would be an advantage.

Software:
    3D viewer
    Primavera P6- basic use
    Mensura &CATIA V5 would be appreciate

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

A number of environmental / civil engineering and related positions are available at

http://www.mccloyconsulting.com/careers

(based outside Belfast)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Fire Engineer New Zealand
    My company are looking to hire an Irish fire engineer to work in Christchurch or possibly Wellington. You would need experience as you would be one of the lead engineers in their new office. I dont know the salary but it would be generous, possibly $100K+(=about E60K) but dont quote me on that. I would say they would pay for relocation costs, visas and the 1st months accommodation but again dont quote me. If you want to drop me a line I can set up a formal contact and you can thrash it out from there. They are finding it hard to find fire engineers down here so you would be in a good bargaining position. There is a 10 or 15 year building plan about to kick off to rebuild Christchurch so your job would be guaranteed for quite a while. Fire engineers can live quite well down here, the sun is shining, no talk about recessions, very little doom and gloom in general. Its a bit of a strange country at times and it is a bit far away but as somewhere to spend a few years until things pick up a bit back home, its not too bad. Its a good spot for the kids too, not many teenagers smoke, teenage sex dosent seem to be the norm and drinking dosent seem to be the only teenage pastime.
    Anyway give me a shout if you think you might be interested in a new start, it shook the cobwebs off my life anyway.
    Edit: The boss said they would consider graduates as well, they can learn from the senior engineers in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Is there anyone actually a graduate engineer. Why would bother considering there is sod all jobs, chances are your going to emigrate. So just do an IT degree and you have no worries about employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Is there anyone actually a graduate engineer. Why would bother considering there is sod all jobs, chances are your going to emigrate. So just do an IT degree and you have no worries about employment.

That's the spirit! Nice and defeatist. :rolleyes: (according to your first post, you're a farmer)

Please keep the jobs coming guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

There are jobs, the amount posted on this thread is a tiny reflection. Keep them coming is right. Not every engineer is a civil engineer you know Greenfield. Civil have been hit the hardest but other engineering sectors are looking up.
    Graduate jobs in anything (maybe bar IT) however are thin on the ground, I'm looking at the moment and it seems like jobsbridge is hoovering up graduate/entry level positions. Im still hopeful though.

Advertisement