Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Forward in Reverse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Today:

4 miles in 36.34. Average pace 9.07.

Recovery run. Nice n slow.

Today:

6 miles in 50.52 . Average pace 8.21.

Running into strong headwind for the first half so I flew it on the way back.

Today:

3 miles in 22.43.

Soooo hot today. Sweat dripping off me. Fathlete in the sun

Today:

6 miles in 52.13. Average pace 8.41.

Intended to be slow. Luckily as I was really feeling tired and lethargic. Combination of increased miles and lots of overtime in work has me banjaxed.

Today:

6 miles.

Garmin kept stopping so dont know time but it was a comfortable pace.

• Advertisement

Tonight:

5 miles in 36.11. Average pace 7.14.

Training pb there I think. Legs felt AMAZING tonight. Really flying even in the heat.

Good for the confidence.

This morning :

13 miles in 2.07. Average pace 9.47.

This doesnt include a few quick stops to drink water from camelbak. waaaaay too hot for a long run but had to suck it up and fit it in.

Legs felt fine but heat was a killer.

Tonight:

3 miles in 29.10.

Tired legs, heat. That'll do nicely.

This evening:

4 miles in 34.20. Average pace 8.35.

Bit creaky at first but felt good on the way back

Today:

10 miles in 1.32. 9.15 pace.

Very happy with my weeks running. sort of made up for missing long run last week. One of biggest mileage weeks ive ever done.

And now bbq and a few beers guilt free!

• Advertisement

Today:

4 miles in 32.57. 8.13 pace.

Plodding. Threw in a bit of pace for last mile and felt good and strong.

Tonight:

7 miles in 57.01. 8.18 pace.

Had to stop at 7, had intended doing 8 but I got a really bad pain in my stomach. Well kind of underneath my stomach. Not sure whats up but couldn't run on. Mile walk home.

This morning:

5 miles in 43.55.

Rough enough guess at distance. Left my garmin on all night so no battery this morning.

Tough run. Felt tired, lethargic.

Today:

14.5 miles in 2.26. Average pace 10.09.

Goal was about a 10 pace so not too bad. Was meant to be 15 miles but stomach issues lead to an early finish.

I think im too negative about my running at times and it makes it a chore. I have to force myself out for long runs.

So on that note ...14.5 miles... fcuk yeah!!!

Today:

4 miles in 36.28. Pace 9.06.

Stiff legs this morning so I was dreading this but it went grand.

Tonight:

5 miles in 38.16. 7.39 pace.

Forever run.

Today:

5.5 miles in 45.48.

Avg pace 8.19.

Today:

5km in 21.23. Pace 6.53. Training PB!!

Sometimes you just have to be stupid and try to run a 5km training pb when you're training for a marathon.

Delighted with that. Sub 21 definitely not far away on a cooler day.

Today:

6 miles in 51 mins. avg pace 08.29.

Really not in the mood today. Stopped watch and sat on beach for about half hour half way through pondering life!

Today :

16 miles in 2.39.Pace 9.56.

Pretty spot on for pace as I was aiming for 10. Hard to pace too as I had wind with me on way out and against on the way back.

New route today to change it up a little. City centre out through clontarf and out to howth. Had a killer head wind in a few sections on the way back but I stuck to a pretty even pace.

Typical long run weather. everything from hailstones to hot sun.

Id say I had a few more miles in the legs but that being said they are sore now.

Overall very much a success :)

• Advertisement

Tuesday:

A slow 3 miles in about 29 minutes

This morning:

6 miles in 50.47. 8.34 pace.

Day off yesterday as im feeling a bit run down.

This morning :

4 miles in 33.15. 8.18 pace.

Slump of energy continues.

Went to Lahinch for weekend. Two hours surfing both days but no running. Surfing is hard work.

Planned a semi long run Monday but I was all all sunday night with a stomach bug. Off work yesterday and today. Feeling a lot better now but not 100% at all.

Not the best preparation for the 10 mile race this weekend in Phoenix park. These things happen!

Some days you're the hammer and some days...the nail.

After a less than impressive build up to this I decided in my stupidity to forget that I hadn't run in a week and that I still wasn't feeling great and go for a big pb.

I started off at 7.30 pace which would be a huge stretch on a day where I was 100% let alone when I was far from it.

The first few miles actually went ok at this pace but, reality struck at about half way and from then on this was a struggle. Ended up with a time of 1.22.57 which isn't even a pb. Disappointing as I feel a 1.18 or so would be comfortable for me on a normal day.

I just had no energy - obviously I started way too fast but even regardless of that it just wasn't happening for me. Had quite a few moments where I was close to quitting to be honest so Im really glad that I kept going at least. I should really race more often, its a great way to test yourself.

Last three miles or so were horrible but I did manage a sprint finish which I was happy about. After the line I thought I was going to be sick but kept it down thankfully. I then began to cramp in my legs, which has never happened to me before. All signs of reality - I wasn't 100% and that came back to bite me. I think I was pretty dehydrated too.

Im not too worried overall - its still less than a minute off my pb on a day where I had a shocker. Today my legs feel like they've had a beating. Still hard to take it when you finish a race that goes badly. But onwards and upwards.

Hopefully ill be back feeling 100% for training this week.

Today:

3 miles in 26.46.

Flipping hell my legs are sore. Feels like ive got two dead legs. Ridiculous! !

Hopefully that might loosen them up a bit.

Today:

4 miles in 31.56. 7.58 pace.

Legs still sore but getting better.

Today:

6 miles in 51.42. 8.38 pace.

Happy to force myself out of bed and get this done. Legs still tight.

Thursday:

6 miles in about 55.47.

Average pace 9.19. Truly horrible run. Felt like twenty miles. Picked a hilly course but still. legs were still killing me. Had a long bath Wednesday evening but that didn't solve it.

Day off yesterday.

This morning17 miles in 2.51. Average pace 10.04.

Happy with pace. Very tough. Strong wind in my face the whole way back. Gosh I really struggle with these long runs mentally.

Delighted its done though. After a terrible weeks running where my legs were awful sore its good to end it on a high!

Tonight:

5 miles in 39.15. Average pace 7.50.

Nice run tonight. Lovely chill in the air. Probably too fast but felt good so why not.

• Advertisement

This evening :

8 miles in 1.11. 8.54 pace.

Lovely run in Phoenix Park. Bite in the air which im loving. Picked a pretty hilly route as my usual runs are all very flat and I want to build some strength in my legs.

Advertisement