Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I prestiged yesterday and that was the gun I permanently unlocked. Savage at any distance.

How do you go about permanently unlocking something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    There are times where I really enjoy this game, perhaps not CoD4 enjoy but BOPS1 or MW2 enjoy. Then there are times where I feel the disc should be thrown into the depths of hell. Is it better than BOPS1? No, I don't think so. I said as much elsewhere last week but it's nowhere near as bad as that abomination that is MW3.

BOPS 2 is an SMG fest and it's a bit boring because of that. I feel almost punished if I want to try out something different outside of that gun class hence why I haven't bothered at all trying anything different since first prestige which is a rarity as I'm a gun snob of sorts and those who've played with me know some of my favourite guns are the worst, for example the Mac 11 or Olympia.

The lack of recoil a cop out on Treyarch's part. So being killed fairly fast as a result of that is quite frustrating.

Some of the maps are half and half which again, is a good thing compared to say MW3 but not to BOPS1 perhaps. Promenade, Hijacked, Express, Plaza and Yemen are good to very good maps, I particularly like the first three maps I mentioned. The issue with these maps are the fact it's all about headglitching more often than not. Talking especially in regards to playing solo which I have done in the main due to the ****ty party system on PS3. I'm an objective role player, so given the situation I'm very adaptable and capable. If I have to rush be it to slay or play the objective in this game however as such at that moment, it doesn't favour me whatsoever nine times out of ten. I don't understand why they butchered some maps with all sorts of inanimate objects sprawled across the map for people to sit back and head glitch.

This comes across as one big whine, moan and complain, I realise that though it's not my intention as I do overall enjoy the game. But there are some glaring errors on Treyarch's part in which they caved into the prepubescents and the die hard fanboi's, those that are incapable of playing anything else other than CoD... well maybe FIFA. The game as a whole feels more like an upgrade on MW3 than BOPS which is disappointing.

I'm interested in what their gameplay patch/hot fixes includes.

F2000 ftw :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Nearly unlocked all the add ons for the HAMR,currently got it equipped with the target finder and fmj.........its a fricken laser beam i tells ya......makes n00bs rage quit for days:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

xRUwl.png

My main class, picking up some great scores on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Anyone else found that at times in any given game you can go around beating everything in sight winning every gun battle even ones where you should have died and then at another time on the same game you can't kill anyone or win any gun battle even when you feel you should have won a shoot out. Almost like the game gives you the advantage in the lag stakes for part of games and then handicapps you later if you are doing well. There's been games of Ffa wher I've hit 15 kills after 3 or 4 mins and then gradually the kill rate declines and I nearly always come 2 nd to someone who has beasted for the second part of game. Can't figure whether it's inconsistent play by me or is the game compensating for connection issues. I have only an average connection btw. Happening too often to be me I think.

I have to say I'm enjoying this far more than I ever did Blops1, for me its below COD4 and MW2 as enjoyable to play, its just fun, something MW3 definitely wasnt and Blops was briefly but I got bored of it. Its not perfect, far from it, but it doesnt send me into the rage that MW3 did, so thats a start :pac:

For me so far, the good:

The campaign is brilliant, everything past the level in Pakistan is fantastic, was a bit meh about it at first, not overly fond of the Blops1 era stuff but all the 2025 set levels are brilliant.

Big improvement on the graphics and sound in both SP and MP, stuff exploding sounds like it should now, guns have a meaty sound not the spud gun sounds Blops1 had.

Maps are decent overall, a few I dont like but there isnt any i really hate.

Hardpoint is great craic, on nuketown is a chaotic mess but its really fun.

no grenade spamming at the beginning of matches, yay for not being bombarded at B every match.

the 10 point customisation thing is brilliant, so many options for class setups.

Black hat, best addition ever :pac:

The Bad:

dont like Domination with a timer on it, prefered the old way.

zombies is kinda cack, played it twice.

hit detection is all over the place at times, emptying a clip into a guy from behind who turns around and kills you with 1-2 shots, maddening.

most of the assault rifles are kinda pants, and unneccesary when everyone is running smgs.

no RPD, booo! its in the campaign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

eggy81 wrote: »
    Anyone else found that at times in any given game you can go around beating everything in sight winning every gun battle even ones where you should have died and then at another time on the same game you can't kill anyone or win any gun battle even when you feel you should have won a shoot out. Almost like the game gives you the advantage in the lag stakes for part of games and then handicapps you later if you are doing well. There's been games of Ffa wher I've hit 15 kills after 3 or 4 mins and then gradually the kill rate declines and I nearly always come 2 nd to someone who has beasted for the second part of game. Can't figure whether it's inconsistent play by me or is the game compensating for connection issues. I have only an average connection btw. Happening too often to be me I think.

saturday night i was going around 35-3 on domination all night. sunday night i was going around 15-10. saturday i was killing everyone from everywhere..sunday i felt like i had a potato gun

eggy81 wrote: »

Yes, its so inconsistent with 1v1 gunfights,some games I'm destroying people with the mp7 next map i may as well be trying to kill them via abusive language for all the good my bullets are doing. I lowered my stick sensitivity and slowed down my game pace, trying not to sprint so much, and did really well then back to being annihilated even by people ive gotten the drop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

krudler wrote: »

The Bad:

dont like Domination with a timer on it, prefered the old way.

X2

Really bugs me that it's timed, so many games are not even finishing, just outta time :confused:

• Advertisement

Thecon21 wrote: »
    X2

Really bugs me that it's timed, so many games are not even finishing, just outta time :confused:

Thats the thing, the other team can be ahead by measly points and they win it anyway even if the match is starting to swing back in your favour, many a domination game was won in the last few seconds, no more with the new system. nothing beats a game with a decent team who dig in and turn it around to go 200-199 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

krudler wrote: »

Thats the thing, the other team can be ahead by measly points and they win it anyway even if the match is starting to swing back in your favour, many a domination game was won in the last few seconds, no more with the new system. nothing beats a game with a decent team who dig in and turn it around to go 200-199 or something.

The ammount of games that I managed to win like that was unreal, so was those I lost. They were the best games of Dom tho

CptMackey wrote: »
    The ammount of games that I managed to win like that was unreal, so was those I lost. They were the best games of Dom tho

Indeed, right down to the wire, the way it should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Even on dedicated servers the lag is awful, 3 bars and your screwed tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ground War seems to be on the blink.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Here is me in action with my nifty little device. No team mate is safe, your care package is MINE.

Robbing your teamates care packages....seems like a douchebaggy move to me...unless for some reason they deserved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

is nuketown gone as an option ( PS3) ? I can't see where you select it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ground War seems to be on the blink.
    Keeps switching between "need nore players " and " the match is about to begin"

NeVeR wrote: »
    is nuketown gone as an option ( PS3) ? I can't see where you select it.
    Gone on xbox aswel haha. What is going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Keeps switching between "need nore players " and " the match is about to begin"

Yup, just gave up on it myself.

Went into normal team death match etc… but it's boring running around looking for people when there is only a few on each side.

By the way there isn't anyone with a nuketown code or no anyone with one that they aren't using by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Gone on xbox aswel haha. What is going on

David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger. +

Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.

Taken from the Megabitch Thread about Black ops 2 . Chavways posted it up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger. +

Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.

Does that mean its gone from the normal map rotation too?

Now I ****ing want clan servers even more now. ****ing disgrace they dont have them.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Idiots.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Robbing your teamates care packages....seems like a douchebaggy move to me...unless for some reason they deserved it

Glad I'm not the only who thinks this.

But sure, it's more in line with community in general when you think about it.

What if said team mate was a camping german or french douchebag . We have all encountered them too . How would that make you feel ?

What if said team mate was a camping german or french douchebag . We have all encountered them too . How would that make you feel ?

What about if he's an Irish douchebag?

There are none.

Just skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Don't shoot the messenger? He was the baldy little midget telling us to pre-order the game so we get Nuketown in the first place. Wánker

• Advertisement

Don't shoot the messenger? He was the baldy little midget telling us to pre-order the game so we get Nuketown in the first place. Wánker

Ya, I'm pretty confused about this. Why did they make such a big deal out of Nuketown 2025 if it was only going to be a private game mode? There'll be a huge backlash if they don't reinstate it after making people pay extra for it.

Take the care package ! I have been doing it since MW2 . I love doing it to people it always make LOL out hard .

Chavways wrote: »

Ya, I'm pretty confused about this. Why did they make such a big deal out of Nuketown 2025 if it was only going to be a private game mode? There'll be a huge backlash if they don't reinstate it after making people pay extra for it.
    So nuketown map wont be available all the time in multiplayer is it?? Thats a bit of a joke. Nuketown map is a great laugh every once in a while. Pure hectic stuff.
    So when will it be available again

There are none.

Just skangers.

:)

Skangers or not, the majority of Irish players I've come across are vile since CoD4. Playing the game or on mic. I see no difference between French players which many people here whine about and Irish players tbh... except Irish players like to kick up a fuss in lobbies far more than most. Suppose it's easier for some here to ignore a fellow countryman than a foreigner though, that's evident over the years of posting on here.

:)

Skangers or not, the majority of Irish players I've come across are vile since CoD4. Playing the game or on mic. I see no difference between French players which many people here whine about and Irish players tbh... except Irish players like to kick up a fuss in lobbies far more than most. Suppose it's easier for some here to ignore a fellow countryman than a foreigner though, that's evident over the years of posting on here.

A lot of the Irish players will just slag your mother or claim your a member of the IRA.Pretty much like every other nationality does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

So nuketown map wont be available all the time in multiplayer is it?? Thats a bit of a joke. Nuketown map is a great laugh every once in a while. Pure hectic stuff.

loved free for all on nuketown 2025, just mental killing.

• Advertisement

So when will it be available again

As far as I can see they will only be making it available when DLC is released and on Double XP weekends. They've pissed an awful lot of people off by leading them to believe that it was a permanent bonus.

As far as I can see they will only be making it available when DLC is released and on Double XP weekends. They've pissed an awful lot of people off by leading them to believe that it was a permanent bonus.
    Im guessing the majority of people did not know about this including me. Maybe they will be pressured into making it available all the time. Cant see why they wouldnt

iSEmcqksR480t.png

Irony.

Take the care package ! I have been doing it since MW2 . I love doing it to people it always make LOL out hard .

Hmm I see.....so do you play in parties much?

And I only used the word douchebag cause I had just watched southpark

Hmm I see.....so do you play in parties much?

Yep mainly with 3 other players and all we do is try to rob care packages it can be some laugh ! We also try to rob each others too . Last one I robbed was an Osprey Gunner in MW3 !

• Advertisement

A lot of the Irish players will just slag your mother or claim your a member of the IRA.Pretty much like every other nationality does.

Irish players are far more hostile.

I've had more of a good time in Yank lobbies in whatever game over Irish and to a slightly lesser extent folk from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Why would they take Nuketown put, I don't get it? I don't even have Nuketown so I guess it makes me happy.

Only reason I can think of is that the map helps people to rank up way faster so they might eventually get bored of the game and stop playing it perhaps?

I've been using the Assault Shield quite a bit lately, with two C4's, Fast Hands and Skorpion laser sight secondary, I must say its great fun.

Especially when people see you with a Riot Shield and the run at you, but I back around a wall and swap to my skorpion and destroy them when they are least expectant.

Jebus lads the AN-94 is some gun

Whats the incentive to prestige your weapon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Whats the incentive to prestige your weapon?

Put you clan tag and emblem on it i think? Not sure though.

Anyways, i assume this removing of nuketown is some sprt pf trolling bu treyarch seeing as the message on it was open 24/7.

Then again, tis cod and all :rolleyes:

really don't see why they took Nuketown off the selection.. it's the only thing i played...

Is there a logical reason for removing it ? Guess it's Bot play for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

really don't see why they took Nuketown off the selection.. it's the only thing i played...

Theyll probably release it for Christmas for 800 MS points :rolleyes:

IPAM wrote: »
    Theyll probably release it for Christmas for 800 MS points :rolleyes:

Well they can't charge people for that already have it... So they would only be getting new customers with that.... Still doesn't give a reason for removing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

From Treyarch Twittter:

"Just launched a new fast-action playlist in the Bonus category called Chaos Moshpit. Back by popular demand: Nuketown 2025!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd imagine that's part of the problem. A lot of people aren't moving on to the standard map rotation. It could also be that they just wanted to use Nuketown to boost the game throughout the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement