Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

This is my third week in WW and Im finding this week very hard. I seem to be hungrey ll the time, not starving but feeeling empty. I was fine the first two weeks, not a bother. Its just this week, my lunches are the same as last week but not full after them. I seem tob e very hungrey in teh evening times after work which effects my workout in the gym. Had to leave the gym early yesterday cos I was so hungry. I had a banana before thegym , it didnt do anything for me.... Any ideas on what can sort me out????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

[hotfire]This is my third week in WW and Im finding this week very hard. I seem to be hungrey ll the time, not starving but feeeling empty. I was fine the first two weeks, not a bother. Its just this week, my lunches are the same as last week but not full after them. I seem tob e very hungrey in teh evening times after work which effects my workout in the gym. Had to leave the gym early yesterday cos I was so hungry. I had a banana before thegym , it didnt do anything for me.... Any ideas on what can sort me out???

Heya

What kind of things are you having for lunch. Have you tried food that releases energy slowly like pasta or cous cous I am finding really filling at the mo. I also get these little microwave cottage pies that really fill the gap until dinner time. And sometimes I add sugar free jelly for a little 0pp desert to fill me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

does anyone know how bad scampi would be? I'm guessing next week at cape clear scampi will be on the pub menu :P i haven't had scampi in over a year!!!!!

I'll give up the chips and have it with salad...but nom nom scampi!

I think they also do s beef strew...that would prob be more filling and satisfying

Heya

What kind of things are you having for lunch. Have you tried food that releases energy slowly like pasta or cous cous I am finding really filling at the mo. I also get these little microwave cottage pies that really fill the gap until dinner time. And sometimes I add sugar free jelly for a little 0pp desert to fill me up.[/QUOTE]

For lunch I have either a ham sandwcih on WW brown bread, a yogurt, an apple or I have soup with a medium brown roll and a yogurt. Today I am having a tuna and egg salad, a yogurt. Some days I add a couple of jaffa cakes or a bag of Walkers Lights (3ppts) but I always hav a banana around 4pm. Might try the cottage pies, what brand are they and how many ppts??

hotfire wrote: »
    Heya

What kind of things are you having for lunch. Have you tried food that releases energy slowly like pasta or cous cous I am finding really filling at the mo. I also get these little microwave cottage pies that really fill the gap until dinner time. And sometimes I add sugar free jelly for a little 0pp desert to fill me up.

For lunch I have either a ham sandwcih on WW brown bread, a yogurt, an apple or I have soup with a medium brown roll and a yogurt. Today I am having a tuna and egg salad, a yogurt. Some days I add a couple of jaffa cakes or a bag of Walkers Lights (3ppts) but I always hav a banana around 4pm. Might try the cottage pies, what brand are they and how many ppts??[/QUOTE]

I get a lot of the microwaveable M&S lunches. Either the light choices which have ww points on the back or the simply kids range which I think is really yummy. Anything between 5 and 10 points on them. I have to say though that since I swapped sandwiches for mini dinners at lunchtime I have been much fuller throughout the day. I also sometimes make a massive noodle and low fat bacon medallion stirfry and you can get a nice big portion for only 7pp- very filling. Make a big one for dinner one night and you should be able to get a couple of lunches out of it as well.

donnamc5 wrote: »
    For lunch I have either a ham sandwcih on WW brown bread, a yogurt, an apple or I have soup with a medium brown roll and a yogurt. Today I am having a tuna and egg salad, a yogurt. Some days I add a couple of jaffa cakes or a bag of Walkers Lights (3ppts) but I always hav a banana around 4pm. Might try the cottage pies, what brand are they and how many ppts??

I get a lot of the microwaveable M&S lunches. Either the light choices which have ww points on the back or the simply kids range which I think is really yummy. Anything between 5 and 10 points on them. I have to say though that since I swapped sandwiches for mini dinners at lunchtime I have been much fuller throughout the day. I also sometimes make a massive noodle and low fat bacon medallion stirfry and you can get a nice big portion for only 7pp- very filling. Make a big one for dinner one night and you should be able to get a couple of lunches out of it as well.[/QUOTE]

thats the OLD ww points on the tesco light choices stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

thanks Shanna, I guess that is the weeklys wiped out then, booooooooo.

Re the lunch query
    try a pasta salad with roasted veg mixed with mayo extra light
    bulk up on the salad with open sandwiches and pile them high
    a no points soup always a good addition or add some saled to your lunch, love beetroot and red onion or apple and celery.
    Adding protien alwyas helps fill me too so a bean salad, add chicken or crabsticks or maybe a salmon fillet

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I get a lot of the microwaveable M&S lunches. Either the light choices which have ww points on the back or the simply kids range which I think is really yummy. Anything between 5 and 10 points on them. I have to say though that since I swapped sandwiches for mini dinners at lunchtime I have been much fuller throughout the day. I also sometimes make a massive noodle and low fat bacon medallion stirfry and you can get a nice big portion for only 7pp- very filling. Make a big one for dinner one night and you should be able to get a couple of lunches out of it as well.

thats the OLD ww points on the tesco light choices stuff[/QUOTE]

The M&S light range is current. I can't remember the exact name of it- Count on us I think. It's just the lighter calorie range of ready meals.

donnamc5 wrote: »
    thats the OLD ww points on the tesco light choices stuff

The M&S light range is current. I can't remember the exact name of it- Count on us I think. It's just the lighter calorie range of ready meals.[/QUOTE]

cool :D good to know! do they have like ready meal things like pasta salads? I might pop in tomorrow and splurge bit of cash on some nice healthy tasty foods to take on the boat out whale watching monday :) so

Also going to buy a couple of new books, and get back into reading, if i'm feeling bored....make a cup of 1pp hot chocolate and read a chapter :)

Got my camera fixed, collecting it tomorrow....Yipppeee :D

• Advertisement

The M&S light range is current. I can't remember the exact name of it- Count on us I think. It's just the lighter calorie range of ready meals.

cool :D good to know! do they have like ready meal things like pasta salads? I might pop in tomorrow and splurge bit of cash on some nice healthy tasty foods to take on the boat out whale watching monday :) so

Also going to buy a couple of new books, and get back into reading, if i'm feeling bored....make a cup of 1pp hot chocolate and read a chapter :)

Got my camera fixed, collecting it tomorrow....Yipppeee :D[/QUOTE]

They have loads of healthy salads and cous cous or pasta salads too, really nice fruit salad's too. Oh, and sushi if that's your kind of thing. Not mine but each to their own :) I sound like an M&S spokesperson but it's just easier for me cos of the hours I work and being away a lot at weekends. When I'm home I try and cook up loads of stuff for the week in advance but that's just less and less these days. I'm sure the other big shops do nice healthy ranges too.

Unfortunately no M&S here in Limerick :confused:. Will try making pasta dish for lunch next week. Will also try adding more protein to my lunch, thats probably were im going wrong.. thanks everyone

:DIts all trial and error really, isnt it. Learning as we go

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

tye wholemeal pasta, v filling

Bought a packet of those ww lemon slices and have to say that for the same points as 1 digestive biscuit they're pretty good. I sometimes like something little with my afternoon tea but don't wanna cut into my dailies too badly so 2 points is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Guys what do ye point the sachet of Maggi So Juicy at? The herb one. I hate the way so many things have the nutritional value per 100g when the actual product is far smaller, does my head in.

• Advertisement

Guys what do ye point the sachet of Maggi So Juicy at? The herb one. I hate the way so many things have the nutritional value per 100g when the actual product is far smaller, does my head in.

its a big fat ZERO PP :D

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I usually get two dinners out of one sachet (cooking for one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 XLeeX

Hi Everyone!!!

I started WW 2 weeks again n am trying to get into the habit of knowing how many points is for what etc. So everytime I googled things i found the info on your SUPER helpful thread-Whoop :p So today I read the thread for about 2 hours and realised it was an old one that ended so I got the link to your newone and am just after registering to boards.ie now as ye all really are so supportive of each other and I want in ;) And hope to be as supportive back !!altho im a terror in the kitchen so i wont be like lady lainy with the cooking recipes-So handy like im copying and pasting them and learning new things-there fab!! Now to try get my OH to cook them for me :cool: Talk soon, Lee ! x

I'm totally turning a new tomorrow (start of new week)

I'm going to try an approach ww with fresh eyes, like I'm just starting it! I'm really thinking of going to south africa next summer after college to work in Elephant sanctuary for a month, it'll cost a small bomb....but it could be an experience that makes or breaks my life....something i thing I have to do...spread my wings and fly away...in the safety of it being a structured organisation....so there's no risk.

So it starts here...I'm leaving the fat chic in Ireland! So I have like a year to lose some of this weight at least! get down to the 15st mark....that way I would look at least some what average normal body shape.

NEW LEAF TOMORROW!

I now have something to work towards...I have a date with the elephants! And its damn hot over there...cant hide behind frumpy
    clothes!

I'm far from a whizz in the kitchen! I mearly attempt things when i find something that really strikes my interest!

its a big fat ZERO PP :D

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I usually get two dinners out of one sachet (cooking for one)

Oh YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I used it for 3 chicken fillets (1 each for 3 of us) and a whole heap of mushrooms, peppers, onions, courgettes - had some baby spuds with it and it was absolutely gorgeous and I'm stuffed!! I'll definitely be getting it again, it's the nicest one of those put-stuff-in-bags-things that I've tried :) Cheers Lainy!

Oh YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I used it for 3 chicken fillets (1 each for 3 of us) and a whole heap of mushrooms, peppers, onions, courgettes - had some baby spuds with it and it was absolutely gorgeous and I'm stuffed!! I'll definitely be getting it again, it's the nicest one of those put-stuff-in-bags-things that I've tried :) Cheers Lainy!

the garlic one is DEVINE! usually when i use it. i'll cook 2 chicken breasts...one for the dinner that night, and one for next days lunch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Actually I've made this mistake before, the whole pack is 3 points so it's only 0 if you're using 1/4 of the pack i.e. 1 pack for four chicken breasts, if you used it over 3 chicken breasts its 1 point per breast. Hope this makes sense, still it's not bad at all even at 1 point.

Tmeos wrote: »
    Actually I've made this mistake before, the whole pack is 3 points so it's only 0 if you're using 1/4 of the pack i.e. 1 pack for four chicken breasts, if you used it over 3 chicken breasts its 1 point per breast. Hope this makes sense, still it's not bad at all even at 1 point.

I just pointed it again, using the 100g information, the pack is only 35g...the whole pack is 1pp
    So if its serving more than one person i think you can call it 0pp without too much guilt.
    ww app on my phone lets you point the exact weight, even if all you have is the 100g information.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

To say I'm a bit deflated today is an understatement!! I had my over the phone weigh in this morning (I weigh,phone it in etc). This is my 2nd weigh in, last week 3lbs, today 1lb W.T.F.!! I have over 4st to lose so I'm not someone who hasn't much to lose. I have been meticulous in following the P.P. plan, calculating points, drinking lots of water etc. My leader said when I read out my food diary over the phone that some days I wasn't using enough points (should be 30, some days only 24-26) but still 4lbs in 2 weeks with my size is frustrating to say the least. HELP/ADVICE/COMFORT even!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Got my camera fixed, collecting it tomorrow....Yipppeee :D

Lainy: Defo recommend a trip to M&S (if you have the money, expensive). Was in there today and they have gorgeous salads in the "Count on Us" range with the PP on the back. Protein packed either tuna, chicken, prawn etc with lots of salad-y goodies and some of them have pasta in it. Today I got a "Count on Us" ready meal (not useful for your trip, but gorgeous), got the cajun chicken fettucini/linguine and it was GORGEOUS and 10PP. They have loads of stuff and they are much more generous in their portions than WW meals, WW meals haven't a patch on them. They are doing some of the range as buy 2 for €6.50.

NON-SCALE VICTORY TODAY!!!!!!! :) For the first time ever, went into a high street shop (A-wear) and bought not 1, not 2 but 3 items of clothing that fit and look great on (2 were size 18, 1 was size 16/18). Delighted. I am in an awkward stage where I am kind of in between sizes in some shops and also the baggy/flow-y type of clothes I used to buy, look horrible on me now as they give no shape and make me look bigger than I am, where as the more fitted clothes, the majority don't look great as there's still lumps and bumps, but delighted with what I got today. :)

Monife wrote: »
    Lainy: Defo recommend a trip to M&S (if you have the money, expensive). Was in there today and they have gorgeous salads in the "Count on Us" range with the PP on the back. Protein packed either tuna, chicken, prawn etc with lots of salad-y goodies and some of them have pasta in it. Today I got a "Count on Us" ready meal (not useful for your trip, but gorgeous), got the cajun chicken fettucini/linguine and it was GORGEOUS and 10PP. They have loads of stuff and they are much more generous in their portions than WW meals, WW meals haven't a patch on them. They are doing some of the range as buy 2 for €6.50.

NON-SCALE VICTORY TODAY!!!!!!! :) For the first time ever, went into a high street shop (A-wear) and bought not 1, not 2 but 3 items of clothing that fit and look great on (2 were size 18, 1 was size 16/18). Delighted. I am in an awkward stage where I am kind of in between sizes in some shops and also the baggy/flow-y type of clothes I used to buy, look horrible on me now as they give no shape and make me look bigger than I am, where as the more fitted clothes, the majority don't look great as there's still lumps and bumps, but delighted with what I got today. :)

2 for 6.50 isnt that bad for M&S, might get a few even just for the weeekend and for monday for the journey to cape clear at least. Thanks for the tip!

Going to take out a few chicken breasts tonight, and cook up a bag of them in the maggi so juicy tomorrow! all this talk of maggi! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Had the m and s chicken jumbalya for dinner tonight- 9points- UNREAL! Really tasty! Bought the Chow Mein one as well, said I'd sample them while they were 2 for 6.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Ha too funny sat down to browse on the computer and catch up while having my dinner and its exactly what were talking about. I can't have food envy now! Trying the garlic one for the first time. OMG they are great. So fricking tasty and the easiest thing to make when you couldn't be too bothered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

I just pointed it again, using the 100g information, the pack is only 35g...the whole pack is 1pp
    So if its serving more than one person i think you can call it 0pp without too much guilt.
    ww app on my phone lets you point the exact weight, even if all you have is the 100g information.

Jeez sorry about that, must have pointed them wrong when I did it. Sorry again.

Jeez sorry about that, must have pointed them wrong when I did it. Sorry again.

it can be tricky as hell working out points when all they give u is 100g info! i'd be lost without the app on phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

What app do you use Lainy? x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Had missed two weeks,went yesterday......down 4.5lbs!!! Hope i can keep it goin now:rolleyes:

havana wrote: »
    What app do you use Lainy? x

wwpoints (android)

2 for 6.50 isnt that bad for M&S, might get a few even just for the weeekend and for monday for the journey to cape clear at least. Thanks for the tip!

Going to take out a few chicken breasts tonight, and cook up a bag of them in the maggi so juicy tomorrow! all this talk of maggi! haha

looking forward to exploring M&S tomorrow, I never shop in there...so all new territory and goodies.

Going to prick of some of there Under 100kcal snacks for taking away.

Really need to turn my self around....kinda 8 weeks left till college (hopefully)...really wanna get my but in motion!

I've been OMG UP UP UP last few weeks...cant seem to curb my munches....fecking hell....cant stay satisfied! But i think thats lack of mojo aswell!

I need to kick my self in the butt! Please tell me im not the only one who always seems to be hungry.....I did so welll a few weeks ago...and just tripped and fell off the wagon...and now i'm really struggling to catch up!

but if i want to go to south africa and work with the elephants....I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT! I'll be out in the big bad world, on my own...i need to be confident enough in my self to make friends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 givee

hello everyone
    long long time lurker and decided i just hada post 2nite after readin lady lainy's post!i cannot stop eating this past 2 days,what is up with that!!im doin bridesmaid today 3 weeks and i seriously need a kick in the behind!!i find this thread excellent for tips and ideas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Weekly results, well done people

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hello everyone just back from a week in Italy, had great time and really enjoyed the food & wine :D back on the ww plan now again, dreading weigh in on tues but the leader was saying last time that the first weigh in after a holiday is crucial, just like first one after christmas, so we'll see how it goes! Spent about 2 hours catching up with the thread lastnight, some great motivation to inspire me :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Lainey, get the rice cakes-they're in red packaging-they're AMAZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

looking forward to exploring M&S tomorrow, I never shop in there...so all new territory and goodies.

Going to prick of some of there Under 100kcal snacks for taking away.

Really need to turn my self around....kinda 8 weeks left till college (hopefully)...really wanna get my but in motion!

I've been OMG UP UP UP last few weeks...cant seem to curb my munches....fecking hell....cant stay satisfied! But i think thats lack of mojo aswell!

I need to kick my self in the butt! Please tell me im not the only one who always seems to be hungry.....I did so welll a few weeks ago...and just tripped and fell off the wagon...and now i'm really struggling to catch up!

but if i want to go to south africa and work with the elephants....I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT! I'll be out in the big bad world, on my own...i need to be confident enough in my self to make friends...

You are not the only one!!!!!!! The leader at my meeting says summertime is much harder for weightloss and I find it is really true for me. Am not as organised, meals are last minute, out more......... Leader suggested that we should aim to maintain our weight until Sept 1 and look on any loss as a bonus. Think I will be struggling to maintain as I cant stop eating!!!!

Afternoon all....well im having a good day. Just on bus home. Stocked up on half a dozen. Of the count on us meals...they look and sound really nice....and the points arw quite reasonable...they would do nicely with side salad or one could even add bit of extra rice or pasta....and I got thru all of town without caving and getting my large skinny latte for 4pp instead god and drank full litre of water.

Breakfast was a bit...annoying tho. Was running late so grabbed a sandwich in deli. At 11. Thick clice bread. I.m giving it 14pp but it was huge and filling....so it was worth it if it actually kept me satisfied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Paid for my treadmill at Elvery's today, should have it by Wednesday. Also got an i-fit weight loss card thingy in which there's an 8 week program designed by a personal trainer for weight loss, sur I'll see how it goes!

Had the Pizza for my din dins last night, hadn't had one in over 3 months, I'm not mad for pizza regularly but now and again I'd get a hankering for one and do you know after last night I was thinking "meh, :confused:why did I bother" - kinda carb overload and twasn't all that! Maybe my taste buds are changing after all these years.

Don't know who it was back in the thread said about being hungry all the time after starting WW. I was the same for the first 3 or 4 weeks, just felt like I had a bottomless pit that couldn't be filled but that feeling does go after a while and you do feel more satisfied within your point range, so persevere and you'll be fine! A lot of it is to make good choices.

50th birthday party tonight, and I had thought all the month's socialising would be over then but we've been invited to a 21st next saturday night! But at least I've already me my goal for the month of losing 3 pounds so hope to keep it off now and maybe add another 2 pounds to the month's goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Loraine1965

Hi ya :) I just joined the forum today so please be gentle with me lol

I have had a weight problem for many years.. up to 20st at one point then I lost 6st a couple of years ago but its creeping back on.. so I came across this thread and found it very inspiring :)
    I love the new pro points system and hope to get my calculator next week as they had run out..then I can really get stuck in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hi ya :) I just joined the forum today so please be gentle with me lol

I have had a weight problem for many years.. up to 20st at one point then I lost 6st a couple of years ago but its creeping back on.. so I came across this thread and found it very inspiring :)
    I love the new pro points system and hope to get my calculator next week as they had run out..then I can really get stuck in :D

Hiya welcome on board :-) the forum is great for motivation and tips I found it a month ago and it's been really helpful. There are a few helpful apps too if u have android or iPhone. I use 'my score plus' for iPhone to track my food on the go and find it really handy

• Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

hi all!

regular lurker here, i think you're all great.. you are all helping me with your tips and advice. i check this every day. its like having 7 mini meetings during the week! lol

I'm the same as lainy this week in particular. have a chest infection the past fortnight even though im finished my antibiotics it still won't budge:mad: so cannot exercise whatsoever!

I've noticed with myself being very silly with my weeklies.. its like i just go through them for no reason each week, and a lot of the time on junk. so by the 2nd day of my week they are all gone. have to stop cos im going ovr my 29 by 1 or 2 each day.
    anyone else have this problem??

millee wrote: »
    To say I'm a bit deflated today is an understatement!! I had my over the phone weigh in this morning (I weigh,phone it in etc). This is my 2nd weigh in, last week 3lbs, today 1lb W.T.F.!! I have over 4st to lose so I'm not someone who hasn't much to lose. I have been meticulous in following the P.P. plan, calculating points, drinking lots of water etc. My leader said when I read out my food diary over the phone that some days I wasn't using enough points (should be 30, some days only 24-26) but still 4lbs in 2 weeks with my size is frustrating to say the least. HELP/ADVICE/COMFORT even!!!!

Millee, I lost 6.5 my first week and then the last three weeks it's been 1.5 each week. It was driving me INSANE, I also have at least 4stone to lose - I started at over 16 stone. 4lbs in two weeks is fantastic, I've started looking at a pound in a different light - a pound of meat in the butchers is a serious amount of weight. That's one less pound that you are carrying around. 4 pounds is brilliant, imagine the weight of 4lbs of meat or 4lbs of butter - that's 4lbs GONE from your body and that's absolutely fantastic. If you keep it up at a steady 1-2lbs a week, it will take longer, but it will also be easier to maintain in the long run. You'd be putting serious pressure on yourself to expect 3-4lbs every week - it took a long time to put it on, it'll take a while to get rid of it. Look at it this way - if you lose 4lbs every two weeks from now until Christmas, that will be 40lbs gone!! You're doing brilliantly, don't lose heart and don't give up! Best of luck for this week xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

yes please :D i have a voucher for a place in town that sells gormet chorizo and sausage! would love to use it but have no ww healthy recipes to use chorizo in :D

Hi guys! Lady Lainy your chorizo request inspired me to post! I never post here but I seem to suddenly have a whole bunch of people I love on weightwatchers, and I as love cooking and am supposed to be writing a second cookbook I wanted to know what to cook for ww friends and what to avoid and how the whole propoints thing works. All I can say is you are absolute geniuses for figuring it out! I spent about an hour pointing one damn soup :o

I cooked this recipe for said friends the other day as they're bored senseless with what they were eating, I like the way with weightwatchers you can still eat everything in moderation, it's much more fun to cook for (and eat) than no carb :D Here's the recipe, sorry the image isn't the best:

2h6wqcn.jpg

100g chorizo. finely chopped
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 onion, finely chopped
    2 sticks of celery, finely chopped,
    3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    250ml tomato passata
    1 tin of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
    1L veggie stock, or water with a good stock cube thrown in
    250g spinach
    Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt

Cook the chorizo, onion, celery & garlic on a low-medium heat in a saucepan with the lid on. After 15 minutes throw in everything else except the spinach, add lashings of pepper and a pinch of salt. Bring it to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes.

When the soup is ready take out half the mixture and puree. Pour it back into the soup pot, stir it up and season. Just before you’re about to eat get the soup to piping hot and throw in the spinach, mix it up until the spinach is just wilted. Yum.

I think I've figured out the propoints by finding the nutritional value for each thing on http://caloriecount.about.com/ and then putting the results into this calculator: http://points.ogo.ms/ It's 38 propoints and feeds 4 generous helpings, so 9ish points each. Does that sound right? The nutritional stats according to the website are:

1 tbsp olive oil:Protein:0 Carbs:0 Fat:27.5g Fibre: 0.
    100g chorizo: Protein:24g Carbs:1.9g Fat:39g Fibre: 0
    1 onion: Protein:0 Carbs:1 Fat:0 Fibre:0
    Celery: Protein:0 Carbs:1.8g Fat: 0 Fibre: 0
    Tomato passata: Protein:2.4g Carbs:9.6g Fat: 1g Fibre: 0
    1 can of chickpeas: Protein:24g Carbs: 100g Fat:4g Fibre:17g
    250g spinach: Protein: 8.1g Carbs: 10.3g Fat: 1.1g Fibre: 6.2g

Sorry for the long post! x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

That soup looks amazing! I just made one from one of the Cook Smart WW books that is also very yummy. Rosemary and Cannellini soup. The annoying thing about those books is that you have to recalculate the pp values. This one had 5.

I used up all my weeklies on wine this week. After losing 5 pounds last week, I'm sure there will be nothing happening Tuesday. But at least we danced for hours the other night. That's got to make up for something!

How do I get added to the weight loss Excel sheet? Or am I too late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

sarahfancy wrote: »
    That soup looks amazing! I just made one from one of the Cook Smart WW books that is also very yummy. Rosemary and Cannellini soup. The annoying thing about those books is that you have to recalculate the pp values. This one had 5.

I used up all my weeklies on wine this week. After losing 5 pounds last week, I'm sure there will be nothing happening Tuesday. But at least we danced for hours the other night. That's got to make up for something!

How do I get added to the weight loss Excel sheet? Or am I too late?

Just PM GT_TDI_150 your starting weight and then after this Saturday, PM him your loss. Your starting weight will be what you weigh after WI on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Lainy they really are quite filling and delish good luck!but taking hints from them for cooking your own is better than relying on them too much as quite expensive!

Afternoon all....well im having a good day. Just on bus home. Stocked up on half a dozen. Of the count on us meals...they look and sound really nice....and the points arw quite reasonable...they would do nicely with side salad or one could even add bit of extra rice or pasta....and I got thru all of town without caving and getting my large skinny latte for 4pp instead .god and drank full litre of water.

Breakfast was a bit...annoying tho. Was running late so grabbed a sandwich in deli. At 11. Thick clice bread. I.m giving it 14pp but it was huge and filling....so it was worth it if it actually kept me satisfied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm leaving for America tomorrow for a month! I'm doing a trip from NY-LA so here's hoping I don't put back on all the weight I lost! America isn't exactly known for its healthy eating:o

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Portion sizes wil be the main prob area!
    lizt wrote: »
    I'm leaving for America tomorrow for a month! I'm doing a trip from NY-LA so here's hoping I don't put back on all the weight I lost! America isn't exactly known for its healthy eating:o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement