Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People Mistaking Your Age FFS!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I'm 20, and pretty much everyone that finds this out gets shocked and says "I would've thought you were about 25" including many boardsies at the last beers, and a guy in work who I knew for months before he found out.

I'd never have guessed...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

22 yrs old.

Non shaven - dont get ID'd in 90% of places

Shaved - Get asked everywhere. Even told I looked 17.

Suppose I'll enjoy the complements when I hit 30. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

19 close to 20, but constantly ID'd everywhere I go. You don't mind it so much when you first turn 18 because you think you're mighty with our new fangled ID. Now it's just plain annoying. But alas, hopefully when I'm old and decrepid I'll still have my looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

im 17 and people mistake me for 13...15 at the oldest :eek:.It gets really annoying when im going to the cinema and get ask what age i am when im going to a 15A

but i suppose when im 40 and look 30 il be happy about it..but at the moment its just embarrisin

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Mark2229 wrote:
    im 17 and people mistake me for 13...15 at the oldest .It gets really annoying when im going to the cinema and get ask what age i am when im going to a 15A

Mark, that is so cute!!

Sofaspud, you do look about 25. No joke.

I'm 21 but about the same height as a 12 year old :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Was sitting outside the local shops with my two cousins, aged 6 and 3 eating ice cream and two auld ladies walked by and commented on how lucky '' you two boys are to be able to sit and have an ice cream with your mammy!!'' before wandering off on their way!

I'm only 18!! I'd have had to have had a baby at 12?!
    When I was a 1 year old my sister was pushing me down our street in the pram, and an aul fella passing by told her she had a beautiful son. My sister was 12.

He was right about me being beautiful though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

24 and people think I look like I'm 19!!!

Not a bad thing though...only when I am trying to get into night clubs without ID

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

30 but people think I'm 23/24 and I suppose acting 17/18 doesn't help. Some day I'll grow up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunalishine

I've been mistaken for my younger sister on several occasions, even by my neighbours - she's 18, i'm 26.
    I haven't been ID'd in a while, but get asked fairly regularly - got ID'd buying cigarettes in Belfast about 2 years ago, and you only have to be 16 to buy them there... :eek:
    I don't mind though, it used to bother me but the older i get the more i appreciate being mistaken for someone a lot younger!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

I'm 20, my sister turned 18 this week. For the last year whenever she wanted to go to a club I'd have to give her my ID just in case, but she was rarely if ever asked, then I'd go up and be asked, every time, and she'd have to sneak out "to the ATM" or similar to give me my own ID back. So basically my 17 year old sister looks older than I do. Great.

I think you know you're getting older the day you stop being p!ssed off at a bouncer who IDs you and start thanking him!!:)

• Advertisement

Whenever I get asked for ID, I just tell them that I'm old and they let me go! No question asked.

Sob!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm 29 and during the Junior Cert exams this year I had to go into one of the exam centres in the school i teach in to collect papers. The examiner told me to hurry up and sit down because I was late for the exam :eek:

My 15 year old third years who were already seated had a good laugh at that one!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i know it is a pain in the nuts people think i am 25/26 the whole time and refuse to believe when i say i am 33

it makes me so angry :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im 27 but often get mistaken for 30+, mainly because im said to be the image of simon delaney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

I'm 23 and usually get ID'd buying alcohol and going into pubs/clubs. I didn't mind it when I was 19 or 20 but it's getting to be a bit of a joke now. I think I look younger but I don't think I look under 18 ffs! When we were in America people were always giving my BF dirty looks as if he was cradle snatching, when he's actually a year younger than me! And someone at work said I looked 17! I don't smoke, don't drink much and have olive skin which doesn't dry out in the sun..... some of the other girls at that job who were my age looked like they were going on 30, IMO so I would have looked young in comparison. Anyway I'd rather look young than old!

irishbird wrote: »
    i know it is a pain in the nuts people think i am 25/26 the whole time and refuse to believe when i say i am 33

it makes me so angry :mad:

DesF looks more mature than his age too. It is possibly the comparision.
    Blame him!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Moonbaby wrote: »
    DesF looks more mature than his age too. It is possibly the comparision.
    Blame him!

nah, i wish i could blame but people have always thought i look 5 years younger when what i am

irishbird wrote: »
    nah, i wish i could blame but people have always thought i look 5 years younger when what i am

Preserved for prosperity...you've caught my blathering disease. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I am 30 but recenly people have been pegging me for 25, have no idea why

When i was in my teens people thought I was in my late 20's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

last year got stopped going into a 15's film , some cow on the counter refused to believe i was 20 at the time, oh the joy when i had my id on me ha!

Last week, went with my friend and her little brother to see Kung Fu Panda, got a child ticket OHHH YEAHH!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I'm 29 and people generally think i'm 25..... since i'm 25 lol:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

16 but everyone says im 18+, cool for a while but im sick of over paying for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

Going to be 21 in less than a month and the generally people who wouldn't know think I am between 23-25 so not that bad but people have said I look as old as 28 which rather suprising to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

Someone thought I was 15 when I was 18.

I've been mistaken for someone of around 24-27 a few times. When I asked them if I really looked that old, they said that it was just the way I spoke and 'carried myself', i.e. I act mature. I don't consciously 'act maturely'- it just seems to happen.

I feel like an insignificant child inwardly, though! :o

Some new woman at work recently assumed I was a transition year student on work experience.

Yep, so it definitely varies for me really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ickythump

S.I.R wrote: »
    16 but everyone says im 18+, cool for a while but im sick of over paying for everything.

yeah that used to happen to me a lot, especially buying bus/train tickets when i was around 15/16, they would never allow me to buy the child's ticket (u-16)! they always asked for id! made a huge difference in the price, and all my friends got the child ticket even when some of them were 17:rolleyes:ah well getting served was never a problem though..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm 25 next week and am often mistaken for 16-17. In fact at one of the boards beers someone (Oscar Bravo methinks) called me jailbait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

16 but people thought i was under 14 the other day got told i was 18/19 a few weeks ago yay!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

25. only been asked for ID twice in my life. once in boston. once in dunnes stored

I'd love to be asked for ID. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

When I was 17 I never had a problem getting in anywhere but as soon as I hit 20 I was asked for it everywhere I went. I was celebrating my 26th last month with all my family and I was asked for ID. The little fecker was only about 16 himself, I asked him did I look 17 and he replied no, I asked him did I look under 17 and he said no. I asked him did I look dodgy and he said no. Why are you asking me for id then??? My mother had to come over and swear I was 26!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

I'm twenty eight but I'm constantly mistaken for being younger.. I take it as a compliment :)

Advertisement