Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People Mistaking Your Age FFS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

people always think im older than i am, 2 people thought i was the eldest in my family, actually the youngest.!

Im only 18! i cant look that old! i reassure myself its because of my maturity! but even my sister said to me this morning, i look way older than 18! that was a great thing to hear!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm generally bearded, but every time I shave I get ID'd.

It's not fun being ID'd when you're 25!

Red, call people lass all you want, but drunken switch 360 kicks should be dropped.

I had a big bruise on my wrist for a week!

You lot made me do it! i wanted to get food!

Next time we'll get one of the girls to be the target ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

RedXIV wrote: »
    You lot made me do it! i wanted to get food!

Next time we'll get one of the girls to be the target ;)

If i remember correctly i was the only girl that night.... No fecking way would i allow ye too bully me....:p

Twas good though, we had to fecking beg and wind ya up to get that...

And that was after food!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

MIN2511 wrote: »
    If i remember correctly i was the only girl that night.... No fecking way would i allow ye too bully me....:p

Twas good though, we had to fecking beg and wind ya up to get that...

And that was after food!!!!! :D

No it was before food. The bouncer was still there asking us to stay quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

LadyE wrote: »
    I dont think myself as older :p but..I was hormonal..felt old..leave me alone :p:D
    Oh no that wasn't directed at you specifically :)

In fairness, if you have a child you have to grow up a lot. My mate had a baby at 19 and another baby last year and even though she's 25, she's still a lot older than I and my other 29/30-year-old mates...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

No it was before food. The bouncer was still there asking us to stay quiet.

Guess she was wasted that night huh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

****!!! Was it.... hehehehe...

RedXIV; all that cocktail and beer in me

Chopperbyrne; i swear i thought twas after...

aye i remember now, we were pranking hehehehe

brilliant night!

Rickrollers.....

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

24 - normally people think I'm my age, but I was ID'd for booze in Tesco a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Right.

Lad in the offy there asked me for my ID and, upon looking at it, gave an almost surprised "hmm, fair enough!" look and served me.

At a funeral a few weeks ago, a friend of the family asked me was I married :confused: (i.e she must have assumed I was 27 plus)

My age difference record dates from when I was 18 (nearly 19) and she was 25. When the subject came up back at her gaff I claimed to be going on 24 :)

Prior to that was 17 and 22. She probably tweaked when I avoided going to a pub with her the next day that I knew from prior experience Id be thrown out of as soon as I was spotted, didnt bother contacting her again.

Same pub used to serve all my mates yet the manager was always wise to me. Went in the Saturday after turning 18, ID in pocket, walk up to same guy and ask for a pint of Bud (there had been nobody on the door either.)
    Pours, requests money, transaction completed :confused: No ID demand. This lad had put me out while I was drinking a pint of water (didnt want to waste a half drank beer as I knew he would see me eventually) with two underage mates who were drinking beer a few weeks previously as it was after 9pm, and yet it was if I suddenly looked 18? :confused:

People in work assume anywhere between 19 and 26.

Id guess myself as 23.

There you go. If Crimeline ever issue a description of a suspect as being aged between 17 and 29 yis can rat away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

People my age seem to always nail it. But older women always think I'm about 15/16. Bummer, considering I like the older woman, so I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Im 35 and when im in wok it comes up how old are you and i say 35 and they say you dont look it,makes me feel good.My second son is starting secondary and i was up for the meeting and she turned around and said you cant be kiefers mother you look to young.That made my day even now thinking it makes me smile.It could be worse i could look older.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

MIN2511 wrote: »

LadyE, sorry ;) i explained!!!! Get on msn!

Ah i know...still burns tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh no that wasn't directed at you specifically :)

In fairness, if you have a child you have to grow up a lot. My mate had a baby at 19 and another baby last year and even though she's 25, she's still a lot older than I and my other 29/30-year-old mates...

Yeah totally agree :)

I did loadsa growing up...and got into the mindframe "mammies cant wear this etc." but now I dont care :D...when he gets older and I start embarressing him...then Ill re-think it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

People my age seem to always nail it. But older women always think I'm about 15/16. Bummer, considering I like the older woman, so I do.

Come on man! That's just an older chick trying to be all "You're too young for me"! She obviously wouldn't think your 15/16 (assuming you've been chatting her up in a pub/club).

Come up with a funny rebuttle and engage in conversation again!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

22 often get mistaken for 24/25 in work. people think i have experience :p

once got mistaken for a 20 year old and was quite chuffed, she knows who she is lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

i was down home a couple of months ago, getting ready to go out, and my mother told me i could pass for 16.... was not pleased :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Im 21 and get constantly told that im not 21 and that im a liar :(. They always say i look older, probably because of my build or just i probably do look older! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

28 (almost 29) but regularly get told i look too young to be in my job, really annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

shouldn't annoy you if you're a hooker, it will give ya more time on the street. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Im 20 and get mistaken sometimes for 22/23 not to big at all but when I was 16 it was a different story got 21 a good few times. Which was great for getting into nightclubs and pubs. Think that was down to me having facial hair at a young age.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

bronte wrote: »
    I'm 24 and people sometimes think I'm 16! :eek:
    Nice problem to have I suppose! :)

Not if you live near any priests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I'm 42 but look younger. I have been asked for ID since I have moved to Ireland. I even had a mate in the UK who thought I was only 30, but I told him he came to my 30th birthday party! Too many beers I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

When I was 21 I was asked if i was 27/28, which annoyed me. Now I'm 25 and I get asked for I.d for cigarettes! When I unleashed my passport the guy in the shop asked if it was real and then started laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'm 24 with an average guessed age of 32.

Not too surprising seeing as I'm shaving since I was 13.

Apparently the difference between when I'm scruffy/unshaven and shaven is around 5 years. Who woulda thunk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Was sitting outside the local shops with my two cousins, aged 6 and 3 eating ice cream and two auld ladies walked by and commented on how lucky '' you two boys are to be able to sit and have an ice cream with your mammy!!'' before wandering off on their way!

I'm only 18!! I'd have had to have had a baby at 12?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

hmm am i the only person on this thread thats under 18...
    am 17 now... people my age always tell me i look older but if i ever try and get served or into gigs or whatever am always id'd... haven't tried in the last month or two though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Archeron wrote: »
    People have suspected me of being in my thirties since I was about 11.
    I'm due to catch up soon, and at that point I'll start getting younger again. (I think thats how it works anyway).
    connundrum wrote:
    I'm 24 with an average guessed age of 32.
    Yep I know that one. Since I've been about 20 I always got the 30's bit. Now I'm 41, I still do. So not too bad. I've been the same age for decades. :) To the point when I needed a photo for my passport two years ago, being lazy I just posted in two of me at 23. Which is either good or just means I'm stuck in fashion hell. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

I am 27 and consistantly get mistaken for someone of about 20. I have been doing my job 6 years and people still ask if I am a student

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looby_Loo wrote: »
    I am 27 and consistantly get mistaken for someone of about 20. I have been doing my job 6 years and people still ask if I am a student

Are you a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I'm 20, and pretty much everyone that finds this out gets shocked and says "I would've thought you were about 25" including many boardsies at the last beers, and a guy in work who I knew for months before he found out.