Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Eircom Customer Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this spacetrap

Please do feel free to PM me your AC or Order number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Alan I sent you the details on Friday but have heard nothing back from you. I phoned Eircom again today and now they tell me they must cancel the current order and after 48 hours I have to ring back and reorder . So this all means it will be next week at the earliest before a technician will call. ARE YE SERIOUS. An absolutely disgusting way to treat customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

spacetrap wrote: »
    I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this spacetrap

Please do feel free to PM me your AC or Order number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Alan I sent you the details on Friday but have heard nothing back from you. I phoned Eircom again today and now they tell me they must cancel  the current order and after 48 hours I have to ring back and reorder . So this all means it will be next week at the earliest before a technician will call. ARE YE SERIOUS. An absolutely disgusting way to treat customers.
    Hi spacetrap, 

I've checked this in the systems and with the eFibre support team and I'm afraid the order has to be cancelled and it can be re-issued in 48 hours. 

Unfortunately there is no more I can do with this.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

Tracey can you please send me my UAN by private mail as I cannot wait any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

spacetrap wrote: »
    Tracey can you please send me my UAN by private mail as I cannot wait any longer.
    Hi spacetrap,

I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ppg

I too am having a lot of trouble with eircom intstallation and customer services 

First ordered evision online on 29th Oct. with an installation date of 4th Nov. When nothing happened rang eircom on 5th Nov. and spoke with very helpful young man called Michael. He apologised and said that due to a glitch in the system the order wasn't processed. He took my bank details etc and placed another order with an installation date of 12 Nov. stating that couldn't give the online offer of 24 euro for 6  months followed by 65 .euro for 12 months but that he would organise a 90 euro credit to offset this. I received an order number and an eircom a/c number. Michael told me it would be easy to contact him personally if there was any problems through 1901  When the installer never materialised I rang eircom again and asked for Michael (second name also supplied) nobody was willing to connect me to Michael. Talked to several people ,being bandied about from sales to service and   back again several times, basically being told the same thing that the order never made it to whatever destination it was intended. I was told I had no option but to cancel the second order and re-order !!! but that cancellation would take between 5 to 10 days before I could re-order. I thought I would check out UPC Horizon, but eircom said I would still have to wait until the current order was cancelled between 5 to 10 days before being able to place an order with them. Checked out Horizon anyway but didn't like the bad press it is receiving on various blogs so decided to go back to eircom. Got through to sales who sent me to customer services who sent me back to sales who sent me to cancellations and they eventually hung up when my wife got irate with them. What a way to conduct a business. Hard to believe but I still want the service and the original offer. Wonder what are the chances of this. BTW I have fibre broadband sockets and there will be very little installation required.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

If you think this is bad wait until you have signed up to a contract with eircom,it will get worse and worse and you can never get the same person twice,is anything worth this hassle.

I switched to upc and I have the hoizion box,I am pleased with upc,their customer service is very good,someone will answer the phone and go to great length on the odd occasion we lose service.We arent getting the speeds promised and eircom probably wont supply them either but UPC is reliable and the company is professionally run.

Eircom doesnt seem to have a single redeeming feature and its customer service is abysmal.

Mary63 wrote: »
    If you think this is bad wait until you have signed up to a contract with eircom,it will get worse and worse and you can never get the same person twice,is anything worth this hassle.

I switched to upc and I have the hoizion box,I am pleased with upc,their customer service is very good,someone will answer the phone and go to great length on the odd occasion we lose service.We arent getting the speeds promised and eircom probably wont supply them either but UPC is reliable and the company is professionally run.

Eircom doesnt seem to have a single redeeming feature and its customer service is abysmal
    Thanks Mary for taking the time to post. Looks like there is no customer service worth their salt in the whole of Irelan

As I am very new to this just noticed the eircom representatives have a response time and a response rate. - Are we judging them?
     Plus I didn't know they were here on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Little fish

Dear Al, I have just got my latest bill, these seem to have to ability to leave me mentally exhausted now. Last month I was promised a credit of €31.48 was put on my account and that my correct package was also applied, this should have left my account still in credit after this months bill was issued but instead I have a bill of €58.09. No credit applied to my account and my package still wrong. What is going on ? You leave me with no choice but to cancel my direct debit. This is just too much to bear, will I ever be billed correctly ??

Dear Al, I have just got my latest bill, these seem to have to ability to leave me mentally exhausted now. Last month I was promised a credit of €31.48 was put on my account and that my correct package was also applied, this should have left my account still in credit after this months bill was issued but instead I have a bill of €58.09. No credit applied to my account and my package still wrong. What is going on ? You leave me with no choice but to cancel my direct debit. This is just too much to bear, will I ever be billed correctly ??

Any updates on this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ppg wrote: »
    I too am having a lot of trouble with eircom intstallation and customer services 

First ordered evision online on 29th Oct. with an installation date of 4th Nov. When nothing happened rang eircom on 5th Nov. and spoke with very helpful young man called Michael. He apologised and said that due to a glitch in the system the order wasn't processed. He took my bank details etc and placed another order with an installation date of 12 Nov. stating that couldn't give the online offer of 24 euro for 6  months followed by 65 .euro for 12 months but that he would organise a 90 euro credit to offset this. I received an order number and an eircom a/c number. Michael told me it would be easy to contact him personally if there was any problems through 1901  When the installer never materialised I rang eircom again and asked for Michael (second name also supplied) nobody was willing to connect me to Michael. Talked to several people ,being bandied about from sales to service and   back again several times, basically being told the same thing that the order never made it to whatever destination it was intended. I was told I had no option but to cancel the second order and re-order !!! but that cancellation would take between 5 to 10 days before I could re-order. I thought I would check out UPC Horizon, but eircom said I would still have to wait until the current order was cancelled between 5 to 10 days before being able to place an order with them. Checked out Horizon anyway but didn't like the bad press it is receiving on various blogs so decided to go back to eircom. Got through to sales who sent me to customer services who sent me back to sales who sent me to cancellations and they eventually hung up when my wife got irate with them. What a way to conduct a business. Hard to believe but I still want the service and the original offer. Wonder what are the chances of this. BTW I have fibre broadband sockets and there will be very little installation required.
    Hi ppg
    Apologies that this has taken so long and you remain without service...
    If you PM me your details ( order no, landline no or full address I can look into this for you. We can hopefully clarify what the delay was and act on your order for you.
    Tony

Dear Al,  I have just got my latest bill, these seem to have to ability to leave me mentally exhausted now.  Last month I was promised a credit of €31.48 was put on my account and that my correct package was also applied, this should have left my account still in credit after this months bill was issued but instead I have a bill of €58.09. No credit applied to my account and my package still wrong.  What is going on ? You leave me with no choice but to cancel my direct debit.  This is just too much to bear, will I ever be billed correctly ??

Any updates on this ?
    Hi Little fish
    Al is away today, I can chase this for you though. Can you PM me your account details? It may be case credit is on bill,but this bill was processed before credit could appear on bill.  Either way, if this has been promised to you we can apply.
    Apologies for the frustration.
    Tony 

Hi Little fish
    Al is away today, I can chase this for you though. Can you PM me your account details? It may be case credit is on bill,but this bill was processed before credit could appear on bill.  Either way, if this has been promised to you we can apply.
    Tony 

Not only have credits not been applied, my whole package is wrong. Should be just €24 a month for 6 months and it has not started yet ?? Pm'd details

Hi Little fish
    Tony 

Not only have credits not been applied, my whole package is wrong. Should be just €24 a month for 6 months and it has not started yet ??  Pm'd details
    Hi Little Fish, Al had PM'd you on this yesterday, but I have PM'd you with update now and this seems to be resolved. Let us know if any further issue there.
    Tony

Hi Little Fish, Al had PM'd you on this yesterday, but I have PM'd you with update now and this seems to be resolved. Let us know if any further issue there.
    Tony

Umm, fraid not! No PM yesterday and no credit and package still wrong, in fact nothing is resolved as nothing has been done

Umm, fraid not! No PM yesterday and no credit and package still wrong, in fact nothing is resolved as nothing has been done

Hi Tony, I can see how you are mistaken in thinking Al had messaged me yesterday but it was, in fact, 20th October - a month ago that I received that message and NOT 20th November (yesterday) as you presumed

Hi Tony, I can see how you are mistaken in thinking Al had messaged me yesterday but it was, in fact, 20th October - a month ago that I received that message and NOT 20th November (yesterday) as you presumed

Any updates ?!

Any updates ?!

Please ..... I owe you nothing and cannot afford to have you take over €50 from my account just because you can and you don't care :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any updates ?!

Please ..... I owe you nothing and cannot afford to have you take over €50 from my account just because you can and you don't care :(
    HI Little fish

While I can see that there are still clearly package issues which I will look in to I can also confirm that a credit to the total of €115 has been applied to your account on the 11/9 which has resulted in your first two months of service not being charged at any cost to you.

I will follow this up in relation to the package costs and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

While I can see that there are still clearly package issues which I will look in to I can also confirm that a credit to the total of €115 has been applied to your account on the 11/9 which has resulted in your first two months of service not being charged at any cost to you.

I will follow this up in relation to the package costs and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

What is the problem ? I signed up for €24 a month - NOT over €50. This is the second month in a row I have been charged wrong. A month ago you promised you had credited my account and amended the package but you have not. €24 a month was supposedly half price so I would have thought not applying the deal would make it €48 but it is more. This is a breach of contract and I will be looking to terminate my contract with eircom without penalty if any funds are taken from my account this month. I can't believe you think €115 credit should only last 2 months on a €24 a month deal - the Maths just don't add up !

• Advertisement

Anyone ?

Hello ? Anyone listening ? Has my bill been sorted yet ?

Any news

• Subscribers Posts: 686 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I guess they have bigger.. (puts on sunglasses) fish to fry!

Yeeaahhh!!

Lmfao, I guess you are right

Lmfao, I guess you are right
    Hi Little fish

I have requested clarification on your package charges and as soon as I have this I will let you know. Apologies for the delays in getting back to you.

Al

Hi Al, I can confirm my package price. Half price at €24 a month for 6 months and €48 thereafter

It has been over 2 weeks now since i received my last incorrect bill and only another 2 weeks until I get my next one - what seems to be the problem ?! Why are you unable to either confirm or amend my bill ? Why am I permanently chasing for anything resembling customer service. Totally dissatisfied. If I thought I would achieve anything I'd put the effort in and draft a formal complaint but I've already done that a few months ago and still everything is a total mess and nothing is sorted. What a way to run a business, with no care or consideration to the customer - wishing I had never 'come back'. Eircom are the most incompetent company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. A total shambles.

It has been over 2 weeks now since i received my last incorrect bill and only another 2 weeks until I get my next one  - what seems to be the problem ?! Why are you unable to either confirm or amend my bill ? Why am I permanently chasing for anything resembling customer service. Totally dissatisfied. If I thought I would achieve anything I'd put the effort in and draft a formal complaint but I've already done that a few months ago and still everything is a total mess and nothing is sorted. What a way to run a business, with no care or consideration to the customer - wishing I had never 'come back'. Eircom are the most incompetent company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. A total shambles.
    Hi Little fish

Apologies for the delays with this. I have had to have this investigated and our accounts team have today offered me assurances that the agreed package will be applied within the next three working days and once the €24 package is applied a credit to reflect this the discount lost in the previous bills will be arranged.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has created for so long however I will treat this case as high priority and I will let you know as soon as the package and the credit for the previous monthly bills has been added (should be Tuesday).

Thank you

AL

• Advertisement

Apologies for the delays with this. I have had to have this investigated and our accounts team have today offered me assurances that the agreed package will be applied within the next three working days and once the €24 package is applied a credit to reflect this the discount lost in the previous bills will be arranged.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has created for so long however I will treat this case as high priority and I will let you know as soon as the package and the credit for the previous monthly bills has been added (should be Tuesday).

Thank you

AL[/quote]

€56.36 was taken from my bank account today. Well thanks a million and merry Christmas to you too. You may well 'credit' my account eventually but the fact remains that you have taken money from my bank account that I do not owe you and I am pretty sure you won't be rushing to credit my account back. This is outrageous and totally unacceptable, and at this time of year makes it even more disgraceful. More fool me for only threatening to cancel my direct debit - rest assured it is cancelled now.

Advertisement