Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargaining in Westwood

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭billyhead

If anyone has a few months (3/4) left of their westwood contract and would like to sell it on I would be interested. Just send me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BrigitaKont

Does anyone knows exactly what the prices in West Wood Clontarf at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rockfist

I'm almost up on my.membership in Ben dunne so I thought I'd check out westwood. No prices online so I arranged to meet someone called Conor to discus. I was on time but he was busy. Rather than sit around I decided to trial the place. The facilities here are class. I did some free weights then cardio work. Nice pool and a great sauna both of which Ben dunne lacks. I finally got to meet conor on the way out. The price of membership amazed me!!! €75 a month and €499 signing on fee. €1400 a year compared to the €175 in Ben dunne. Crazy prices!!! When I told him that it was outrageously expensive he just kept muttering 'let me talk to my manager'. I shall not be joining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Coolin325

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND GO CHECK OUT BEN DUNNES GYMS. I JUST LEFT WEST WOOD CLONTARF COS THERE MONEY HUNGRY. 900 EURO PER YEAR. THERE IS A RECESSION ON. ITS IN NEED OF A GOOD CLEAN. HAVE A LOOK AT THE GYM EQUIPMENT, ITS FILTHY. THERE ARE PAY SCALES IN THE LOCKER ROOMS, AND ITS 900 PER YEAR.

BEN DUNNES GYM IN NORTHWOOD, 10 MIN DRIVE FROM CLONTARF AND ITS 300 EURO PER YEAR. THATS A 1200 EURO SAVING FOR ME AND GIRLFRIEND. THATS A HOLIDAY.

NORTHWOOD IS CLEANER FRIENDLIER CHEAPER

WESTWOOD NEED TO WAKE UP

You are an idiot. None of your points are valid. Northwood is packed, it is nothing compared to Westwood? It is expensive 100%. Is not filthy. Also we are not in recession. Do you own Flyefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Coolin325 wrote: »
    You are an idiot. None of your points are valid. Northwood is packed, it is nothing compared to Westwood? It is expensive 100%. Is not filthy. Also we are not in recession. Do you own Flyefit?

The post you are quoting is from 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

McCrack wrote: »
    The post you are quoting is from 2009.

You could cut the irony with a spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

This place is a shambles... how they get away with their unethical and misleading practices I do not now. I had a run in today with the general manager in Leopardstown today and her attitude stinks. I will be going to the media over their misleading terms and conditions of membership/not giving receipts or contracts. Biggest regret was joining this over priced/arrogaunt/money hungry cult

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

bs2014 wrote:
    This place is a shambles... how they get away with their unethical and misleading practices I do not now. I had a run in today with the general manager in Leopardstown today and her attitude stinks. I will be going to the media over their misleading terms and conditions of membership/not giving receipts or contracts. Biggest regret was joining this over priced/arrogaunt/money hungry cult

Keep us informed. I joined Westwood in marino, pool great, fitness classes awful, and the gym is a shambles. Not enough plates, and you nearly have to queue for half an hour to get a squat rack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Keep us informed. I joined Westwood in marino, pool great, fitness classes awful, and the gym is a shambles. Not enough plates, and you nearly have to queue for half an hour to get a squat rack.

You mean Clontarf right. I was a member for the guts of 12 years. Loved it, i really only used the gym but i ws there most nights. They recently renovated it, looks well but i dunno, things annoyed me, such as the new lighting in the free weights area (kinda dark and then multicolored lights) and the new layout of the free weight area - felt/feels small/squashed(sections). Then they put all the cardio machines on a podium thing with rails, they got a completely stupid multi gym/bars area near the gym floor entrance. Also a newish boxercise area which is used but not overly so. New weight plates which are farcical, what looks like a 25kg plate turns out to be 10kgs - you know these chunky looking plates! Positives: fine new squat racks with platforms, some new cardio machines, a few new weight machines.

Over the last few years the gym did need a renovation as it was feeling quite old and a bit dirty, however, in my opinion, they completely made a royal balls of the renovation, it looks kinda pretty but its a bit of a downer to train in.

I missed the old gym so i left along with a few other regulars, no doubt they dont care as they will get new members who are taken in by the asthetics. All good things come to an end :(

Bought me a big quality shed with oly bar, squat rack, pulley machine, free weights and a schwinn spinner bike - wake up at 6am and train each day, happy days but i do miss the gym vibe - might join a flyefit as a go between!

Advertisement