Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Sorry murdywurdy :( i just feel like i should be sick tis all :(

Just waiting to find out when OH is off work and Im gona book it!!

Oh Sunshiner!! Would love to be you!! Id say your thrilled :D

I understand, if I wasn't sick I'd be worrying that I wasn't. We can't win! :)

My husband had to help me shower earlier, I've been really dizzy and weak today from all the retching so was worried about having a shower by myself. Just ridiculous!

My mum popped over with loads of food she'd made for him because he misses me cooking for him. She made a big lasagne, and a shepherd's pie and loads of spag bol to put in our freezer. He's delighted with himself - was so so good of my mum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Ah your mam sounds like a pet :D

anything leftover il gladly take it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Ah Murdy hope you feel better soon. Having a good day myself today (just reflux and slight nausea, no vomming!) so maybe it is a sign that things get better around the 12 week mark. I know what you mean though, you feel like an invalid when you have the nausea attack. I had to sit down on the street the other day, was probably like a wino or something!

Getting a little bit excited now. I had a few of my fears helped by the visit to the consultant yesterday, which was causing me a lot of anxiety. And now its 12 weeks I can tell people! Going to meet my dad tomorrow (don't see him all that often) and have been waiting to see him in person to tell him the news. Told a few people in work that I can trust to keep stum for the moment, but am a little bit afraid of news getting out, as there's a bit reorganisation going on and I have to basically interview for a job. Not sure how to handle it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Thanks julias Jewels, well only a few more weeks to go and i hope we will be over the worst. :DI just cant get over how tired i am,i literally walk up the street and im wrecked. Im trying to go for a walk every day with the dogs only a kilometer with the dogs around a farmers field, i just dont want to be unfit and pregnant. I was fine and fit before this.:confused:

Did anyone try the peppermint tea or ginger tea for nausea and reflux? its really good.

• Advertisement

I tried the ginger tea but then the smell of it started turning my stomach :rolleyes: I do like peppermint tea though, I must try it again, thanks Sunshiner! Think that's a good idea about the exercise, I think it helps sometimes when you're feeling wrecked.

sunshiner wrote: »
    Thanks julias Jewels, well only a few more weeks to go and i hope we will be over the worst. :DI just cant get over how tired i am,i literally walk up the street and im wrecked. Im trying to go for a walk every day with the dogs only a kilometer with the dogs around a farmers field, i just dont want to be unfit and pregnant. I was fine and fit before this.:confused:

Did anyone try the peppermint tea or ginger tea for nausea and reflux? its really good.

I don't drink tea, I just don't like it! I did think about trying though but I've never been able to drink herbal tea.

Mu husband and his family are Indian - his aunt told me to just eat ginger, like you would an apple! :eek: Don't think that's going to happen!

you can get crystallised ginger, like a jelly ginger with sugar on it in the health food shop. The peppermint tea is nice, well worth a try,and its what you think it would taste like,its refreshing too,and u can get it any supermarket. I know some ppl hold their nose when drinking things they dont like :p so maybe try that.
    I know one lady who only ate ginger snap/nut biscuits when she had morning sickness lol and she swore by them,though id imagine the content of ginger aint that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 babyonboard

Hi girls.
    Well i had my scan yesterday....everything went well thank god. The baby measured exactly 12 weeks so my due date stays the same. I cannot tell you how amazing it was to see the little baby on that screen. We could see the little arms and legs moving an everything and the little heart beating away. We got lovely pics. It was so brilliant and such a relief to know all was ok. I bawled like a baby during the scan.....mortified!! :)
    We intended keeping it to ourselves until the weekend but we seen one or two people in the clinic that we knew so we were a bit worried the news might get to our family before we even told them so we decided to tell our parents and brothers and sisters last night. I was a bit nervous about telling my mam and dad. I don't even really know why. Im the youngest in my family and they tend to still see me as a their baby so i just felt weird about telling them but i got the most wonderful reaction from them. My mam cried with happiness and of course set me off again!! :) it was really great to finally tell our family. They were all so happy for us. For those of you that haven't had a scan yet...i wish ye all the best...it really is an amazing experience seeing your little baby.

So glad the scan went well - that's great news :) Congrats!

Tried ginger biscuits - was like eating sawdust, won't be doing that again! Back in work today and really struggling already - getting sick (well retching really) about every ten minutes. I don't know how I'm ging to get through the next few weeks. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,

BabyonBoard- Oh wow what amazing news that everything went well. It must ahve been great to see the little arms and legs. I can't wait for my scan next week. I plan on telling everyone at that stage as my family and close friends know already. I will be very surprised if my work mates don't know already as I'm MASSIVE!! None of my regular jeans, pants tops fit me.
    I've had two developments over the past two days. Firstly my sickness seems to be gone. ( I had had a really baf few days of it before this) and also I've put a joint or some thing out on one side of my lower part of my pelvis. I dunno how. Its killing me. Sore all the time. Physio wont take me until I'm 13 wks and even then they say there is very little they can do! Yikes its goin to be a long 6 months. Wow girls really we just have twice the length of time we've had already and we are there.................Does that make sense?! Just for those of you feeling dizzy or sick I found the peppermint tea very soothing after eating and I found sipping lucozade between meals helped a lot too. Again the ambrosia creamed rice is still goin down a treat!!!

I think we hav decided to go public btw. Just can't afford the fees of going private and I'm thinking it would go a long way towards getting essentials for baby. We have been thinking a lot about childcare etc as I will more than likely have to go back to work in Sep as I'm not permanent so not entitled to Mat leave past the date where my contract ends which is end of Aug. It's heart breaking already to think I'll be leaving babs so early on. What will I be like when the time comes!?

Oops sorry for the essay!!

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

BabyonBoard- Oh wow what amazing news that everything went well. It must ahve been great to see the little arms and legs. I can't wait for my scan next week. I plan on telling everyone at that stage as my family and close friends know already. I will be very surprised if my work mates don't know already as I'm MASSIVE!! None of my regular jeans, pants tops fit me.
    I've had two developments over the past two days. Firstly my sickness seems to be gone. ( I had had a really baf few days of it before this) and also I've put a joint or some thing out on one side of my lower part of my pelvis. I dunno how. Its killing me. Sore all the time. Physio wont take me until I'm 13 wks and even then they say there is very little they can do! Yikes its goin to be a long 6 months. Wow girls really we just have twice the length of time we've had already and we are there.................Does that make sense?! Just for those of you feeling dizzy or sick I found the peppermint tea very soothing after eating and I found sipping lucozade between meals helped a lot too. Again the ambrosia creamed rice is still goin down a treat!!!

I think we hav decided to go public btw. Just can't afford the fees of going private and I'm thinking it would go a long way towards getting essentials for baby. We have been thinking a lot about childcare etc as I will more than likely have to go back to work in Sep as I'm not permanent so not entitled to Mat leave past the date where my contract ends which is end of Aug. It's heart breaking already to think I'll be leaving babs so early on. What will I be like when the time comes!?

Oops sorry for the essay!!

So glad you're sickness has gone - that's fantastic. Are you 12 weeks now? I'm just counting on it being gone by 14 weeks as my mum remembers that's when she got better and so far I seem to be just the same as she was. Lucozade seems like a good idea - I used to drink blue powerade when I was hungover but i don't think you can get that in Ireland. Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Sucks about your pelvis though - have you tried hot water bottles and hot (but not too hot) baths! - or maybe support pillows at night? might help to keep it raised?

I'm on a contract at work too - covering maternity leave funnily enough. My manager must think there's something up with my chair :) The girl I replaced will take the full 9 months (she told me before she left) so I'll be leaving here at the end of May - about 6 weeks before she returns to the office and then I'll have no job. Going to take some time off to be at home with baby and then financially if we need to I'll go back to work. We're lucky that we don't have huge outgoings so fingers crossed it works out! Childcare just seems so expensive. Is everyone else going back to work after baby is borng?

I'm looking forward to telling everyone as well after my 12 week appointment - my friends keep emailing/texting to see why I've gone so quiet and I jsut keep saying I'm sick. Only my best friend knows the truth, that I'm too ill to do anything! Everyone at work today keeps saying I look really ill too so it'll be a relief when it's out in the open and they know why I'm all over the place.

Also, I weighed myself last night and I've lost 8 lbs in the space of a few weeks. I know it's normal for some women but it seems so wrong :( I was a healthy weight to begin with. Has anyone else lost weight?

Looks like my post turned into an essay too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Wow how cool babyonboard. So exciting :) I can't wait to have the scan and check all is ok. I haven't really been sick this week so of course am panicking that all is not well. Silly I know. Our scan is 29th. I'd like to be able to tell people too, as I'm sure some have noticed my expanding waist and massive boobs :o

I'm bursting out of my clothes DoubleB. Bought a size bigger jeans at the weekend. They're pretty roomy so plenty of space but more comfortable. That sounds wends terrible about your pelvis. Hope the physio can do something for you.

Murdywurdy you're really having an awful time of it. I was bad around weeks 5-8 but my sickness has got much better and all the vomiting doesn't seem to have resulted in any weight loss. I've definitely put on weight but afraid to stand on the scales and find out. Hopefully it improves for you soon.

Ya we're going public too. Can't justify the cost.

I'll have 6 months paid maternity leave. Would love to take longer than that but not sure if we can afford it. We'll see how things go.

It's nearly the weekend everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Hi Ladies,

Can I join? Only found out today...:D Total shock... thought I was just run down! This will be my second baby, have a 15 month old boy already :D

Hi Ladies,

Can I join? Only found out today...:D Total shock... thought I was just run down! This will be my second baby, have a 15 month old boy already :D

Congratulations xx Defo a shock :) how far are you gone xx

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations - how exciting! How far along are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hi everybody, well I had my scan this morning and to say I am on cloud 9 is an under statement, everything looks great strong heartbeat only thing is they put my dates back by 3 days which is a little annoying but hey could be worse!

Happy Friday girls x

Hi Ladies,

Congrats Twinkleboots x

lainycool wrote: »
    Hi everybody, well I had my scan this morning and to say I am on cloud 9 is an under statement, everything looks great strong heartbeat only thing is they put my dates back by 3 days which is a little annoying but hey could be worse!

Happy Friday girls x

Yay - congrats, glad everything is going so well :D That's fantastic! Annoying when they put the dates back but baby will probably come a little bit early anyway so it'll work out in the end.

I have exciting news (well for me it is) - I haven't got sick yet today (except when brushing my teeth which doesn't count) and I just ate breakfast like normal. Today will be a good day :):) Funny how things have changed, being able to eat and not puking makes it a good day!!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Yay - congrats, glad everything is going so well :D That's fantastic! Annoying when they put the dates back but baby will probably come a little bit early anyway so it'll work out in the end.

I have exciting news (well for me it is) - I haven't got sick yet today (except when brushing my teeth which doesn't count) and I just ate breakfast like normal. Today will be a good day :):) Funny how things have changed, being able to eat and not puking makes it a good day!!

That's great that you feel better today hopefully that's a sign of things to come how far along are you now?

• Advertisement

That's great that you feel better today hopefully that's a sign of things to come how far along are you now?

I'm 10 weeks on Monday - if it is easing off I'll be a very very happy girl :)

I'm 10 weeks on Monday - if it is easing off I'll be a very very happy girl :)

I was 9 and 1/2 weeks when i began to feel normal, I think its something to do with the placenta that it starts working x

I was 9 and 1/2 weeks when i began to feel normal, I think its something to do with the placenta that it starts working x

Fingers crossed - that's really nice to hear! Although I know if the sickness goes away I'll be worrying then that I'm not sick. :rolleyes:

anyway, going to enjoy feeling a little perkier today in case it's a once off and I'm back to feeling horrible later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

By the sounds of it, I have bee getting off scot free with the morning sickness, mostly just retching or reflux reaction on a daily basis, but it has kind of eased up a bit the past two days.

I was in the Supermarket the other day and I had to step away from the meat counter as a wave of nausea came over me.

Addicted to petit filous yoghurts at the mo, having two of the little guys a day- and have no real desire for dinners at all.

But for the most part Im feeling good, a bit tired perhaps. Have my date for the scan - 13th Dec - So at least I will be able to tell people in time for Christmas, though I have told my Mother. My dad doesnt know - he will just be so excited it'll be his first grandchild- but he cant keep a secret at the best of times, so its safer not to tell him just yet.....

Quick question what foods have you excluded from your diet on health reasons for the baby? I heard someone mentioning coleslow the other day and potato salad and I never heard of that........

Popz wrote: »
    By the sounds of it, I have bee getting off scot free with the morning sickness, mostly just retching or reflux reaction on a daily basis, but it has kind of eased up a bit the past two days.

I was in the Supermarket the other day and I had to step away from the meat counter as a wave of nausea came over me.

Addicted to petit filous yoghurts at the mo, having two of the little guys a day- and have no real desire for dinners at all.

But for the most part Im feeling good, a bit tired perhaps. Have my date for the scan - 13th Dec - So at least I will be able to tell people in time for Christmas, though I have told my Mother. My dad doesnt know - he will just be so excited it'll be his first grandchild- but he cant keep a secret at the best of times, so its safer not to tell him just yet.....

Quick question what foods have you excluded from your diet on health reasons for the baby? I heard someone mentioning coleslow the other day and potato salad and I never heard of that........

Hi Popz
    Once the eggs in the coleslaw have been passturised its fine to have, its the raw egg that you are supposed to avoid x

I have never liked coleslaw before and now all i want is coleslaw... Its cause of the mayonaise,, said my gp :(

Have a great weekend girls xx

Ooh, now I want some petit filous, and coleslaw with chips. Maybe my sickess is going after all?

I had just heard the usual things, anything made with raw eggs (so homemade mayo, hollandaise sauce etc but shop bought mayo is fine), parma ham, undercooked meat, soft cheeses and the other day I was told, soft serve ice cream :eek: Also, obviously alcohol which is the last thing I'd be able to stomach anyway. Ugh. Oh and pate is a big no-no, even vegetable pate.

Also, some women won't eat anything that has been sitting out, so won't buy sandwiches from deli counters or hot things from bakeries (like pies and things). Not sure if that is a bit overboard or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Ooh, now I want some petit filous, and coleslaw with chips. Maybe my sickess is going after all?

I had just heard the usual things, anything made with raw eggs (so homemade mayo, hollandaise sauce etc but shop bought mayo is fine), parma ham, undercooked meat, soft cheeses and the other day I was told, soft serve ice cream :eek: Also, obviously alcohol which is the last thing I'd be able to stomach anyway. Ugh. Oh and pate is a big no-no, even vegetable pate.

Also, some women won't eat anything that has been sitting out, so won't buy sandwiches from deli counters or hot things from bakeries (like pies and things). Not sure if that is a bit overboard or not?

I love Pate on toast but havent even considered it since becoming pregnant and I had heard some people mention the deli counter before .... dont want to go overboard but dont want to take any unneccasary chances ....
    Surely the ice cream one cant be true???

I love Pate on toast but havent even considered it since becoming pregnant and I had heard some people mention the deli counter before .... dont want to go overboard but dont want to take any unneccasary chances ....
    Surely the ice cream one cant be true???

I think again because real ice cream is made with raw egg!

• Advertisement

Im craving indian food :D and sausage sandwiches. Cant eat green peppers anymore ugh.
    Murdy wurdy your the same as me ill be 10 weeks on the monday.. I must say i feel alot better today,not as tired. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :D

oh and a big congrats n welcome to Twinkleboots :D

Advertisement