Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tGC Beers in Cassidys - Part 2 : Friday the 13th April,Come if you dare,wooooooooo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Dovies wrote: »
    There wasn't even any talent in Lillies!! :(

Is that a general statement on the abilities of the "celebs" who go there? Cause I agree. :)
    Larianne wrote: »
    He'll explain at the beers. ;)

Ugh, that means I actually have to go to the beers, rather than just sit at home eating black forest cheesecake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Hmmm... Doyles is losing its shine with me.. :o

Um... what shine? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ugh, that means I actually have to go to the beers, rather than just sit at home eating black forest cheesecake!

What is this?? :eek:
    18AD wrote: »
    Um... what shine? :pac:

Well that's true. Don't think anything has ever 'shined' in there. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Cheesecake. It's a form of desert.

Cheese.. and biscuit.

:pac:

Is it like cheesecake and black forest gateau mix? oh my gawd, heaven in a dessert! Must have it.

Is it like cheesecake and black forest gateau mix? oh my gawd, heaven in a dessert! Must have it.

Your guess is correct.

Yesterday I told a German guy I was going to make it. He said it doesn't exist. I explained what a Black Forest Gateux was... he was somewhat insulted that I tried to explain it. Then I said "so, that idea but in cheesecake form" and he still said such a cake doesn't exist. Now, I think he was going down the purist line that you can't say something is a Black Forest something if it's not a traditional German idea, but, I told him it was a Schwarzwald Kasekuchen and that shut him up somewhat. It has to be authentic if you can give it a German name, right?

Victory.

I think the black forest bit just refers to the sort of fruit that is put in the cheesecake.

I got a recipe tonight for Bailey's Cheesecake that I'm going to make this weekend. :)

If I bring tea, can I have some?
    Your guess is correct.

Yesterday I told a German guy I was going to make it. He said it doesn't exist. I explained what a Black Forest Gateux was... he was somewhat insulted that I tried to explain it. Then I said "so, that idea but in cheesecake form" and he still said such a cake doesn't exist. Now, I think he was going down the purist line that you can't say something is a Black Forest something if it's not a traditional German idea, but, I told him it was a Schwarzwald Kasekuchen and that shut him up somewhat. It has to be authentic if you can give it a German name, right?

Victory.

:eek: want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Jeez, I thought I was was one of the oldest in the group ! You guys are making me feel young again with all your cake and tea talk.....I've images of you all showing up in your slippers with lunch boxes :pac:

Should this tread not be about cocktails and BEER ???

Earl Grey please! :D

GTFO.

Barry's vs Lyons would have caused a war, but this... this is genocide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

GTFO.

Barry's vs Lyons would have caused a war, but this... this is genocide.
    Earl Grey is lovely :D Don't know till you try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

niamhx wrote: »
    Jeez, I thought I was was one of the oldest in the group ! You guys are making me feel young again with all your cake and tea talk.....I've images of you all showing up in your slippers with lunch boxes :pac:

They should wash their mouths out with soap!! Tea and cake!!! :eek::eek:
    Although I won't say no to a bit of cake it does go well with beer too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hmmm... Doyles is losing its shine with me.. :o

Blasphemy!! :pac:

Doyles to date I think is the only place in town that I have NEVER had a bad night in! always have a great time!

Breath, Lar got confused with the excitement :pac: We will have beer and cake, then after the drinking, when dissecting the night it's tea and toast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Isn't Doyle's always rammed full to the point where you can't move?

Pembily wrote: »

Breath, Lar got confused with the excitement :pac: We will have beer and cake, then after the drinking, when dissecting the night it's tea and toast!

You joining us in O briens for the 4am sambos ? Chicken tikka sambo after a fill of beer = no hangover. Burger king works well too I've heard.

You joining us in O briens for the 4am sambos ? Chicken tikka sambo after a fill of beer = no hangover. Burger king works well too I've heard.

Everytime I think of you pair eating that at that hour of the morning!! :eek:
    Burger King or MickeyD would be better - although the last time I tried it I fell asleep into my Big Mac! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

G-Money wrote: »

It used to get ricockulously packed but the last time was quite comfortable - it's been grand for a while now!

Everytime I think of you pair eating that at that hour of the morning!! :eek:
    Burger King or MickeyD would be better - although the last time I tried it I fell asleep into my Big Mac! :o

Yummy ! I hadn't eaten for 10 hrs at that stage. If I didn't find somewhere quick you would have started looking appealing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Is that a general statement on the abilities of the "celebs" who go there? Cause I agree. :)

What is this?? :eek:

oh my god this sounds mazing. want so much. black forest is my favouritest cake EVAR :D you would make many happy bunnies turning up with such delecticiousness to compliment the beerz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

It's Doyles, it's always a sweatbox so the foreheads of every punter is shining with the glistening perspiration induced by it being so damn hot in there.

Probably not the kind of shine you were hoping for on a night out though. :p

Pembily wrote: »
    Earl Grey is lovely :D Don't know till you try!

That's what they all say before not try to give you the heroin.
    G-Money wrote: »

Not any more. Even the cool student types are flocking elsewhere these days.
    Maguined wrote: »
    It's Doyles, it's always a sweatbox so the foreheads of every punter is shining with the glistening perspiration induced by it being so damn hot in there.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Of course you must come to the beers and share this wondrous cheesecake!
    Deal!
    Earl Grey please! :D
    Earl Grey is my favourite tea! Black, with lemon :D And a side of cake, thanks Few :pac:
    It also goes well with French coffee. Brandy + coffee + cake = win :D
    It's Doyles, it's always a sweatbox so the foreheads of every punter is shining with the glistening perspiration induced by it being so damn hot in there.Probably not the kind of shine you were hoping for on a night out though. :p
    Is true. I do love Doyle’s, but my God, ‘tis overheated in there!
    I haven’t been to Doyle’s yet this year. That’s probably some kind of record! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Still better than Coppers in fairness! Plus it's closer :p

swapple wrote: »

Ah that's unfair comparison as they are just two different beasts, granted I have seen more beasts in coppers but that's here nor there! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

The closeness is a big plus, Coppers is faaaar away from Cassidys (although obviously a far better venue :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Ah that's unfair comparison as they are just two different beasts, granted I have seen more beasts in coppers but that's here nor there! :pac:

:pac: I just meant that at the last beers there was rumour that we would end up in Coppers but it ended up being Doyles (phew!) - it seems to be the big decision at beers :p

:pac: I just meant that at the last beers there was rumour that we would end up in Coppers but it ended up being Doyles (phew!) - it seems to be the big decision at beers :p

True however that mostly comes down to Lariannes influencing ways with her steely determination and even she admitted she has gone off Doyles so without her direction and leadership it could very well end up in Coppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

we shall see, we shall see. tbh though they are all sweatboxes so!!! wear hardly any clothes!

i am so hoping for this. i am like 95% yes at this point

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who wants a dance off at these beers? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I've only been in coppers once, but every time I think of the place I think of this ....

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who wants a dance off at these beers? :pac:

Are you taking on The Drav?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Are you taking on The Drav?

Not quite the same context, but as A-Ha put it:

:cool:

Someone got me hooked on earl grey! :rolleyes:

Don't drink anything else now! :pac:

:D It is amazing tea though :)

Okay, my bad. Enough about cakes and tea. So what is the shot of the night going to be? :D

• Advertisement

Okay, my bad. Enough about cakes and tea. So what is the shot of the night going to be? :D
    After eight :D

Never tasted either!

I remember seeing a tramp in Galway once drinking that stuff. Must have been a posho tramp! :pac:

So your the culprit !

Save some for me for my 4am slump :)

I remember seeing a tramp in Galway once drinking that stuff. Must have been a posho tramp! :pac:

Everyone drinks it in Galway. I can't stand the stuff!

• Advertisement

So your the culprit !

I'm the ruination of The Gentleman's Club. I'm sorry! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Buckfast is full of win alcohol.

It's best served in the early hours, after a heavy night out, in a brown paper bag (lest ye wanteth look like a tramp).

So your the culprit !

I'm the ruination of The Gentleman's Club. I'm sorry! :o

Do I at least get an extra slice ?

Had the hair done today, Tiz poker straight. I'm thinking I like the new me for the beers. I could sneak in under a new identity :)

Never tasted buckfast?

;)

I love Buckfast! God Im a cheap date! :eek::o

• Advertisement
Advertisement