Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

The pit area in the usual concert layout is where the Octagon and floor seating is, so even the cheap seats will have a great view with little if anything to impinge. Certainly much closer than being right up the back at a gig looking at the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi All, apologies if this has been asked - where do you ned to become a member of to get the presale tickets on wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Hi All, apologies if this has been asked - where do you ned to become a member of to get the presale tickets on wednesday?

Yes

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭chrisbag1986

mon men answer the mans question correctly lol

he asked where do you need.

answer: you need to join ufc fight club and pay membership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I believe you need the Ultimate package from the link below.

http://www.ufcfightclub.com/benefits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Join the newsletter and get tickets a day early

mon men answer the mans question correctly lol

he asked where do you need.

answer: you need to join ufc fight club and pay membership.

Oops, misread it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

srumball wrote: »
    Join the newsletter and get tickets a day early

Is this ticketmaster newletter or ufc? Sorry now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Can tickets only be bought online with the newsletter or a ticketmaster outlet as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

mooeire wrote: »
    Can tickets only be bought online with the newsletter or a ticketmaster outlet as well?

Not sure this answers your question but you get a code by signing up to newsletter to enter on ticketmaster to access presales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Not sure this answers your question but you get a code by signing up to newsletter to enter on ticketmaster to access presales.
    Was thinking that alright, online probably the best bet. I was at the WWE with my young lad last week and the response Seamus got was unbelievable, the roof will come off when Mcgregor comes out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anybody have any idea how many tickets I could get with the o2 presale code?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Ive heard its 6 tickets per person, not confirmed though

Dana talks UFC Dublin Irish and US tv deals, Gunnar Nelson, Wanderlei/Sonnen situation, eye pokes, Ronda Rousey, and much much more

"in negotiations" is good....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

What did they say bout the broadcasting deal and RTE showing it, Dana said BT have the rights but other fella said they are in negotiations.Reading between the lines here but could we see the card on RTE?

RTE portrayed Conors fight very well on the LLS didn't make it look as barbaric as most would believe MMA is.

They were asked if they were in talks with any of the 'national broadcasters', so that's not just RTE. Could any of the RTE or TV3 group channels. I'm guessing they mean free to air, so that'd rule out Setanta.

Didn't Chanel 5 pick up a recent UFC, so its doubtful BT or sentanta have exclusive rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Setanta/BT wouldn't be happy with that. Would cut into their subscriptions considerably. Also they are advertising it as being exclusively on the setanta pack at the minute.

Yup, they put the London main card free to air on C5 in England and then the whole card was on BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fox Sports 1 are supposedly interested in showing the card too. Could get a lot of exposure domestically and internationally despite it being advertised on the Fight Pass platform initially.

People want to see the fight because they either love or hate Conor. Not surprised Fox want the card. But from an Irish POV, if it's on national TV you'll have plenty of casual interest with parents turned on kids who're into it trying to figure out what it's all about as well as the naysayers who say it's savagery. If it's promoted right and people are aware of it. Obviously all the hardcores will be either there or watching it in pubs or mates or at home. Whatever your poison, could mean pretty good ratings.

RTE player has Conor as the cover for LLS catch up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Richy06 wrote: »
    Yup, they put the London main card free to air on C5 in England and then the whole card was on BT.

Not entirely true, C5 was all over the place, didn't show the whole main card, and if RTE picked it up i think it would be very similar, Just the 2 Co-mains and a splattering of highlights, here's my post of when i watched it on C5
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Watched last nights event on Channel 5, it was odd to say the least.

Started at 21:00 with Guillard/Johnson, the Gustaf/Manuwa then they went to the Picket/Seary fight, which they started in the 2nd rd?????

In between fights some bozo was talking to Forrest, who just sounded punch drunk.

Disgrace howw Gustaf/Manuwa got FoTN, that was Seary/Pickett in my eyes, and i only seen 2 rounds

I stand corrected! Hopefully it's the main card, because there could be many of Irish interest so it'd be very cool to see. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Will Bruce Buffer be at UFC dublin or will it be someone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Will Bruce Buffer be at UFC dublin or will it be someone else?

It'll be the 'B' team

that brit fella as ring announcer, Hardy doing the commentary and inetrviews in the cage, all the UK based refs (Leon, Goddard etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

scudzilla wrote: »
    It'll be the 'B' team

that brit fella as ring announcer, Hardy doing the commentary and inetrviews in the cage, all the UK based refs (Leon, Goddard etc)

buffer makes the UFC

Personally i think he is a **** but he adds so much to the event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Buffer makes nothing. Seeing him every week has left me very meh about his announcements. I actually prefer the European/fight pass team, much less bull and flash. Hardy is doing a great job too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

I'm just going to get fifty euro ticket if I can. This is a below average card at best, can't believe people are willing to pay such silly money just when they see 'ufc'. A fool and his money are soon parted I suppose. It's worse seeing the knowledgeable mma fans being suckered, at least the casual fan has no idea he is being sold snake oil.

• Advertisement

I am going for the €50 tickets too. If it was a very good card i probably would have splashed out though.

I'm just going to get fifty euro ticket if I can. This is a below average card at best, can't believe people are willing to pay such silly money just when they see 'ufc'. A fool and his money are soon parted I suppose. It's worse seeing the knowledgeable mma fans being suckered, at least the casual fan has no idea he is being sold snake oil.

Why does it make any difference to you what people spend their money on? The self righteousness is overbearing in your post.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Buffer makes nothing. Seeing him every week has left me very meh about his announcements. I actually prefer the European/fight pass team, much less bull and flash. Hardy is doing a great job too.

I'm warming to that European team now. Think Hardy and that Gooden fella are actually quite good. They got a lot of stick through social media when they were calling the UK card recently but I think they did ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

figs666 wrote: »
    buffer makes the UFC

Really? Over all the different fighters, different styles of fighting, different backrounds and gameplans.....but the ring announcer makes it for you?

CRAZY!

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm warming to that European team now. Think Hardy and that Gooden fella are actually quite good. They got a lot of stick through social media when they were calling the UK card recently but I think they did ok.

I remember the abuse they got at the start on here too. People just wanted to have a pop for whatever reason but i always enjoyed the change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Have to say I much prefer Gooden and Hardy over Anik, Friedlander sounds like he's announcing for a darts game but the ring announcer makes no odds really.

The two fightpass cards I've seen (Berlin and London) have been excellent and Dublin has arguably a better lineup than both. I think this new system gives the UFC much more freedom to host events over here in Europe which can only be a good thing for Irish prospects.

Have to say I much prefer Gooden and Hardy over Anik, Friedlander sounds like he's announcing for a darts game but the ring announcer makes no odds really.

Don't mind Anik myself but I do enjoy listening to Florian/Hardy. Great insight from both.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That_Guy wrote: »
    Don't mind Anik myself but I do enjoy listening to Florian/Hardy. Great insight from both.

Can't stand Anik but agree with the bold. Bas Rutten and Florian for the win!

has anyone received a code for the UFC Newsletter to get the tickets on Thursday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

^ wondering the same myself. Presume you just need to sign up to the UFC Fight Club - Free option? Anything else needed?

Recieved my presale email from fight club anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Are you a premium fight club member? You buying yours tomorrow or your code for Thursday?

MarkJD wrote: »
    Are you a premium fight club member? You buying yours tomorrow or your code for Thursday?

2moro im an ultimate member

not in the fight club no, newsletter subscribers will get a code to use one day earlier than the general release though. Hopefully it will come by tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Can't wait to get the best seats i can afford

• Advertisement

I'm still confused as to what tickets I'm aiming to get. Part of me is saying its not often they are in town, so go for the €175. Another part of me is taking the advice of those who mentioned higher tier seats were actually more beneficial the last time. In conclusion, can someone decide for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I'm still confused as to what tickets I'm aiming to get. Part of me is saying its not often they are in town, so go for the €175. Another part of me is taking the advice of those who mentioned higher tier seats were actually more beneficial the last time. In conclusion, can someone decide for me.

Personally I'd go mid range at €125. You get closer than the cheapest but you're more 'tiered' so would get a better vantage point. The ringside/floor seats are great unless you're up close, but they may have other benefits (closer to fighters, VIPs walking around etc etc etc etc...)

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Personally I'd go mid range at €125. You get closer than the cheapest but you're more 'tiered' so would get a better vantage point. The ringside/floor seats are great unless you're up close, but they may have other benefits (closer to fighters, VIPs walking around etc etc etc etc...)

See the reason I'm tempted by the 175 tickets is due to cashback, I'll get them for 130. My main concern is about the view of the fights and I'm hoping if I go for those, that I won't have a load of cameras, crew etc blocking the way. or that it will be as good as some of the pics that were posted the last day. At this rate I'll just see how it goes Thursday morning.

I can see the UFC wanting to come back here more regularly if they can get a sell out with very little promotional effort needed. People here mentioned the fight night in Berlin didn't sell too well. Dublin could certainly become a more regular destination if it sells as well as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Weshtlad

Hey Guys does anyone know if the fight club tickets are the €100 euro and up; excluding the €50 tickets and if I join the fight club tonight will I still get the presale code by tomorrow?

@EuskalHerria How would you get cashback?

Cheers!

Weshtlad wrote: »

@EuskalHerria How would you get cashback?

Cheers!

Perks of a type of bank account I have. Cashback on ticketmaster purchases.

• Advertisement
Advertisement