Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wife annoyed with neighbours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

the nextdoor neighbours of mums/dads did a similar thing when they were yapping away with each other outside and saw mum/dad getting new wooden flooring and some rank looking carpet fitted.
    they asked if they coud come and have a look and said they loved it and asked for the fitters contacts.

it is just a matter of objects,not copying actual identity which is a different issue altogether,unless items are one off exclusives to a person; plenty more people will have them so its hardly a unique expression and many more will like them to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

the best advice I could find for you on the interweb, lolz

<3*** Ok it seems like you have a big copy cat on your hands which is annoying as i have experienced. What you need to realise first is that this girl really looks up to you so much so she wants to be you. She needs to find her own and the only way to help her and yourself is separation. If you value her friendship sit her down and tell her how you feel if not stop hanging around her and if she ask why tell her the truth. Simple as****<3<3

HoPe It HeLpS

Hugzz

:DSorry I can't do all those backward letters n'stuff, lolz,<3<30****:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Steven81 wrote: »
    We moved into our house a couple of weeks ahead of neighbours, invited them over and they had a look around. Since that time they have copied getting in an island, same postbox, light fixtures, wallpaper etc. Havent spoken to them recently and they are definitely not invited back, has this happened to anyone else, i know copying is the best form of flattery but sheis not impressed.

That's gone beyond petty to fairly sad! Adults actually give a **** about people copying them? Pathetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Scruffles wrote: »
    the nextdoor neighbours of mums/dads did a similar thing when they were yapping away with each other outside and saw mum/dad getting new wooden flooring and some rank looking carpet fitted.
    they asked if they coud come and have a look and said they loved it and asked for the fitters contacts.

it is just a matter of objects,not copying actual identity which is a different issue altogether,unless items are one off exclusives to a person; plenty more people will have them so its hardly a unique expression and many more will like them to.

This is good sense, they were probably planning on getting new floors,
    had a look at the work your parents got done,
    were impressed,
    got the details of the same lad, having viewed the standard of work he carried out before hiring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Yeah , a friend told me of a guy who bought a new beemer and shortly afterwards his neighbours wife bought a bigger model. Six months down the road the finance company recovered the second one :D You"re wife is a lucky woman that those are the only:D:D "problems" she has

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

We actually had random people call to our house one day asking for permission to take pictures of our house as they loved the design and wanted to draw up something similar for their one a few counties away. They seemed really genuine and nice, and alls they wanted to do was take pics (of the outside) so we let them off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

cocoshovel wrote: »
    We actually had random people call to our house one day asking for permission to take pictures of our house as they loved the design and wanted to draw up something similar for their one a few counties away. They seemed really genuine and nice, and alls they wanted to do was take pics (of the outside) so we let them off. :)

Were their names Marv and Harry by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I gots 99 problems but the fitted kitch ain't one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours, With a little understanding You can find the perfect blend

That's when good neighbours become good friends

Ooh neighbours should be there for one another
    They got the situation, they got me facin'

I can't live a normal life, I was raised by the stripes
    so I gotta be down with the hood team
    too much television watching got me chasing dreams

I'm an educated fool with money on my mind
    got my 10 in my hand and a gleam in my eye

I'm a loc'd out gangsta set trippin' banger
    and my homies is down so don't arouse my anger, fool
    death ain't nothing but a heartbeat away,

I'm living life, do or die, what can I say
    I'm 23 now, but will I live to see 24
    the way things are going I don't know

ell me why are we, so blind to see
    That the one's we hurt, are you and me
    been spending most their lives, living in the gangsta's paradise

Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Bad Panda wrote: »
    So...your wife says your neighbours are 'copycats'?

Did you marry a fcuking 10 year old?
    Op is pedobear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours, With a little understanding You can find the perfect blend

That's when good neighbours become good friends

Ooh neighbours should be there for one another
    They got the situation, they got me facin'

I can't live a normal life, I was raised by the stripes
    so I gotta be down with the hood team
    too much television watching got me chasing dreams

I'm an educated fool with money on my mind
    got my 10 in my hand and a gleam in my eye

I'm a loc'd out gangsta set trippin' banger
    and my homies is down so don't arouse my anger, fool
    death ain't nothing but a heartbeat away,

I'm living life, do or die, what can I say
    I'm 23 now, but will I live to see 24
    the way things are going I don't know

ell me why are we, so blind to see
    That the one's we hurt, are you and me
    been spending most their lives, living in the gangsta's paradise

Think about it.

I give up...what's the joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

It's probably all **** from Ikea anyway. If so you're not the trailblazer you think you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Is the first recorded case of a subtle "We've got an island in our kitchen" brag thread on AH?

OP, either brake his CTRL and C keys on his keyboard, or put one of these in your driveway. That should get rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Pretend to kill your wife then yourself if they copy that ur sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Some people don't have an original thought in their heads OP, but tell your wife it's a silly thing to be losing the knickers over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

We moved into our house a couple of weeks ahead of neighbours, invited them over and they had a look around. Since that time they have copied getting in an island, same postbox, light fixtures, wallpaper etc. Havent spoken to them recently and they are definitely not invited back, has this happened to anyone else, i know copying is the best form of flattery but sheis not impressed.

I have some nice colouring pencils and a colouring book your wife could borrow .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

My neighbour noticed me wearing matching shoes yesterday. Today I noticed that he had a pair of matching shoes on.....the nerve of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I was going to suggest that ye do something stupid and old-fashioned to your house, to see if the neighbours copied it......

....but ye've already put in wallpaper.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

to http://www.whitewhine.com with that OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Tell your wife not to hang her knickers out on the line, or ye will be in all kinds trouble.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever read. If this is what your wife has to worry about, she must have one brilliant, perfect life. I can't imagine ever giving a fck about something so ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

That's what you get for buying the missus an island, she'll never be happy now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

Something similar happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1314116326945.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

i feel her pain.when i see somebody drinking Guinness in a bar i wanna boot them up the hole.why don't they find they're own drink and stop copying me drives me bleedin nuts.and another poster suggested put a dildo on ur postbox,why not put a starving cobra in his instead.they won't last long in that house if they piss off the postman.trust me i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mashyling

We didnt mind the first one or two things but just so much being copied it was a bit OTT, no just wondering did anyone else have this problem and how they dealt with it

Ok I get that this "issue" is slightly annoying but if this "problem" is all you have you worry about you really don't have s problem!! Be glad that you dont have a sick child to take care of, or be glad that you are not suffering from cancer. Most of the country are up to their necks in debt and are unemployed. The one good thing about this recession of ours is that most people have taken a step back from the fantasy boom time and taken in what is really important in life! Lack of money and s job will do that for you as notated how bad things become you keep pushing on. It is nice that you and your wife can afford a new home, you are very lucky, this is a trivial problem, one your wife wi have to build a bridge and get over. Remember they will more than likely be your neighbours for sinks longtime,you may need them in the future I.e. house sitting, neighbourhood watch, dog sitting, borrowing items, picking up each others kids when they rip the knees off themselves..... Think of what is important! Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

You've got an island? Well laaaa de daaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

get yourselves a three-legged elephant and have his tusks decorated with swarowski crystal, then invite them for an elephant-warming party ... watch what happens next ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Hi - how do I change my name to Steven81?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Sacksian wrote: »
    Hi - how do I change my name to Steven81?

how do I change my problems to Steven81's?

Advertisement