Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well considering the other fathers in that promo included Del Rio and Titus, I wouldn't say they're looking at it as anything more than what it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well considering the other fathers in that promo included Del Rio and Titus, I wouldn't say they're looking at it as anything more than what it is.

Neither are/being positioned as sex symbols/cool dudes. Del Rio going by reports is out the door after his contract is up. Titus isn't going to be pushed as some who matters - he is jobbing on Raw and Smackdown and pushing 40.

They've wrestled a zillion times but their match on Smackdown but his match with Del Rio is really something to track down.

Anyway Sheamus celebrated his 5th year on the main roster this week:

Genuinely hope for 5 years more. He has been great on a week to week basis ever since his return from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

A great poster man for the company, works his arse off by the looks of things and doesnt get into trouble outside the ring. Fair play to him.

No Sheamus on Raw or on Main Event this week. Does he take the builder's holidays off?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was he not meant to be in a match with Rusev?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw on wwe.com that he was supposed to take on Rusev for the US Title on Main Event.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw on wwe.com that he was supposed to take on Rusev for the US Title on Main Event.

It was. They scrapped that match over night so to speak between Monday and Tuesday.

Meltzer said they dropped the Rusev-Swagger storyline due to the bad PR on Monday.

I guess they changed their minds as Swagger and Rusev wrestled on Main Event:

Don't know if Sheamus is injured or a victim of bad time timing/WWE's second and third guessing themselves. Like Sheamus does live in Florida too.

They were promoting his spot on the show 'Royal Pains' fairly heavily, maybe doing some work on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He was sent home sick is what is up on a few sites now.

• Advertisement

Sheamus missed TV this week due to a severe flu

Pass me the toilet roll, fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    Pass me the toilet roll, fella.

At least its not salmonella fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Miller1

Must not of been that sick..he was in jervis street shopping earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

I nearly shouted "fellaaaaa" at the lad from Hardy Bucks down Jervis way a month back..

Sheamo is on holidays:
    BttzC2hCMAIPVTU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    Sheamo is on holidays:

Id say we gets mistaken for Eddie Durkan alot in the weshhht :pac:

Wrestle Zone reported just last night that WWE is still thinking of doing a title unification match with the Intercontinental and United States championship. If it happens, it will apparently be a triple threat match: Sheamus vs. The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler. Well, WWE announced late last night that Miz vs. Ziggler for the Intercontinental title is official for SummerSlam, so anything that happens, if it does, will be last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ruu wrote: »
    Wrestle Zone reported

That was where I stopped.

Aye, no idea who is who in terms on credibility these days was just reading online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Whosthis wrote: »
    Well gnfnrhead has none so don't pay any attention.

surp.gif

Whosthis wrote: »
    Well gnfnrhead has none so don't pay any attention.

Oh my that escalated quickly. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Ruu wrote: »
    Aye, no idea who is who in terms on credibility these days was just reading online.

Bit off-topic but I read a thesis recently on this very thing. The person who wrote it came to the conclusion while there is a significant demand for proper reporting of pro wrestling, there is a bit of a shortage in comparison to other sports amd entertainment journalism. It's mostly just the Observer Newsletter/Figure4 site and PWInsider that are trustworthy.

There are a multitude of websites littering the internet who copy/paste what Dave Meltzer reports on (or says on podcast). While the kayfabe of yesteryear is gone, it has been replaced with a lot of misinformation. I don't mean to direct that at you btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sheamus told me that PWTorch seems to be far ahead of the Observer these days for scoops. He also said that Observer have really gone OTT on their criticism of WWE when it isn't deserved.

Sheamus is his gregarious self at the start of the interview but visibly upset when asked his current position on the card and Creative at 1:45 mark:

I don't think the Social Media needs to learn to counter the Brogue Kick or anything but still poor fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I can't blame him. He always gives his all and always gets a decent reaction and he's not being used at all.

Badly, badly needs a heel turn to change things up. Be the muscle for the Authority...anything.

He has been put in a feud this time with Cesaro:

Both seemed to have wanted a full feud with each other during the WWE 2K15 PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Badly, badly needs a heel turn to change things up. Be the muscle for the Authority...anything.

Not particularly directing this toward you, but I'm irked by how 'turn heel' has become the catch-all for 'here's an uninteresting character; change it'. It is possible to be a compelling character without turning. Granted, it is rare for a non-main eventer to demonstrate that within WWE's product, but I'm confident it's do-able.

Besides, the 'E sorely needs well-established faces in the upper-card. As demonstrated by the absence of Bryan, there's only Cena and whatever's underneath is still cooking in terms of what it can do long-term. Sheamus with say, 25% of the TV time dedicated to The Authority, could feasibly rehab his image somewhat.

Wish they would have continued with the feud a few weeks back instead of flip flopping. Love a bit of Cesaro/Sheamus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Last time they were here, Sheam/Cesaro gave us the best match I have ever seen live. Great presence and chemistry with both of 'em.

Advertisement