Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia For Ireland.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The base duster doesn't have:

A radio
    Split folding seats
    Electric Windows
    Electric mirrors
    Side airbags
    Coloured handles, bumpers or mirrors
    Alloys
    Fogs

Anything really.

Eww, how positively Vag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

johnf2020 wrote: »
    It starts in France at €11500 for a base 1.6 Petrol..

When it gets here it will be nearer to twenty thousand when VRT and general 'Paddy' greediness is taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The base duster doesn't have:

A radio
    Split folding seats
    Electric Windows
    Electric mirrors
    Side airbags
    Coloured handles, bumpers or mirrors
    Alloys
    Fogs

Anything really.

oohhh sounds perfect for any poverty spec paddy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

They seem to pronounce it differently on Top gear, they say "Day-see-a", whereas they pronounce it "Dah-Chi-Ah" in Romania.

Yep, that's the right pronunciation.
    The English always make a complete hash out of pronouncing any foreign words, i.e. Sebastian Vettel, his last name rhymes with kettle, but after only several years the BBC is slowly catching on.:rolleyes:
    Anyways, just back from civilisation (Germany, at the foot of the Alps, near the Austrian border) and the place is positively crawling with Dacias of every shape and size.
    Germans love a bargain just as much (or even more) than anyone else, the stingy feckers.
    But otherwise it's business as usual, Beemers, Mercs, VAG's, Opels, all big, with lots of engine, lots of toys, no poverty spec to be seen anywhere and, for some reason, no Fords whatsoever, but that maybe because Germans regard them as Opel rivals and buy accordingly.
    I saw exactly one CMax over there in an entire week of being out and about a lot.
    And my parents are driving a Daewoo Matiz.
    Short review:
    THE WORST CAR IN THE WORLD EVER!
    It has no power, no room, no style, no toys, no grace, no handling, it does have some brakes, but other than that it has no redeeming features whatsoever.
    In short, buy the poverty Spec Dacia, whatever it is like, it will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Far as I know, in France they get an 80% vat reduction and 40% registration tax reduction on e85 vehicles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,916 ✭✭✭✭unkel

€11,990 in Germany and the VAT is 19%

The 1.6 petrol emits 165g/km, so VRT here is 24%, which would make the base model about €16k here

Not bad for what you get! Only a grand more than a supermini like a Yaris or a Polo

And the cheapest Yeti (probably the closest competitor) is a staggering €22k, same as the base Qashqai

Das Status-Symbol für alle, die keine Status-Symbole brauchen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

VolvoMan wrote: »
    When it gets here it will be nearer to twenty thousand when VRT and general 'Paddy' greediness is taken into account.

I dont think it will. Since Renault France took over here the cars have come down in price to such an extent that they are on a par with some models in France. One of the guys from Renault Distributors say it will be 30-40% cheaper than an equivalent Qashqai.
    I have had a number of Foreign guys as about availability already. It may just become the car of choice for all the non-nationals here, and we know how many of them are still here. For me, the brand cannot arrive here quick enough
    A number of good reviews, even by the british mags
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/251371/dacia_duster.html
    http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Dacia-Duster-15-dCi-2wd-2010-CAR-review2/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuxAlH0MIBQ&feature=related

As you can see,,I'm a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 64,916 ✭✭✭✭unkel

johnf2020 wrote: »
    One of the guys from Renault Distributors say it will be 30-40% cheaper than an equivalent Qashqai.

40% cheaper is not possible unless the pre-tax price is 25% lower here than in Germany / France :p

About 30% cheaper is about right. See my figures of 16k and 22k for Duster and Qashqai respectively

I didn't yet do the sums on the diesels though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Is it only Duster that's coming to Ireland? A Logan may start at 10-11k;

I'd still prefer a Clio myself.

510l boot :D
    Octavia watch out !

unkel wrote: »
    40% cheaper is not possible unless the pre-tax price is 25% lower here than in Germany / France :p

About 30% cheaper is about right. See my figures of 16k and 22k for Duster and Qashqai respectively

I didn't yet do the sums on the diesels though...

Well seeing that they are discounting the Sh1t out of Clios and Meganes here, anything is possible. Needs to be cheaper than a Renault remember!;)

• Advertisement

rocky wrote: »
    Is it only Duster that's coming to Ireland? A Logan may start at 10-11k;

I'd still prefer a Clio myself.

510l boot :D
    Octavia watch out !

Duster to start with, then possible the Sandero.
    I think they should bring in the Logan MCV. Essentially a 7-seat estate pretty much like a 307 SW except its based on Logan Van

http://www.ideamerge.com/leasing/renault_dacia_logan_mcv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thread revival, saw a French reg dacia duster in town on saturday. It looks rubbish in real life.

Advertisement