Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia For Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Saab Ed wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2010/0317/1224266429224.html

That Duster shares its engines and underpinings with a Qashqai IIRC so it cant be that bad!

And what you sell too don't forget:p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Given how cheap Renaults are at the moment, it will be interesting to see how cheap the Dacias are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

James May will be happy then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Given how cheap Renaults are at the moment, it will be interesting to see how cheap the Dacias are.

Exactly my own thoughts! It will be great to have a bargain brand in the showroom but I do have to say , im a little concerned about what the quality standard will be like. We'll have to wait and see.

They seem to pronounce it differently on Top gear, they say "Day-see-a", whereas they pronounce it "Dah-Chi-Ah" in Romania.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They seem to pronounce it differently on Top gear, they say "Day-see-a", whereas they pronounce it "Dah-Chi-Ah" in Romania.

Yeah but they also say "Puurzhoe" for Peugeot. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A lot of the Police Metropolitan forces in France use the Logan as cop cars. They are cheaper than Renaults but as are still regarded as "French".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

No Sandero until 2014 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭RobertM

In Europe the prices are between 11k and 15k for the top model, so I think that will be the target price in Ireland as well, altough 1.6 petrol, 1.5 dcI (tractor) engines, don't have enough grunt to pull this car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Great news.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

homer90 wrote: »
    Great news.....:D

ah homer90 the alias for james may!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

My neighbour was way ahead of the curve here, he has 2 Dacias Logans already, one saloon & another that looks like Kangoo/Berlingo. They sound exactly like a Renault & have small Renault badges on the back

Seen an Irish reg Dacia Locan MCV around Dublin alright.
    2009-dacia-logan-mcv-rear-side-view-588x422.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

OK, don't laugh but I like the look of that Duster. Like it quite a lot:o...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

the original dacia duster from the early eighties had a 1.3 renaut 12 engine

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

just to resurrect this thread. I saw the Duster in France last year and it looks brilliant.I have a French Brochure and I have my wife pestered into translating it which she refuses to do.
    I also had a look on youtube..its pretty good off road aswell
    I will buy one if the price is right,

http://www.dacia.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭alias no.9

kasper wrote: »
    the original dacia duster from the early eighties had a 1.3 renaut 12 engine

Pretty much every other Dacia up until the Logan in 2004 was some bastardisatoin of the Renault 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭V Eight

pburns wrote: »
    OK, don't laugh but I like the look of that Duster. Like it quite a lot:o...

true it looks good - nice proportions and if it's circa €11,500 even better...

V Eight wrote: »
    true it looks good - nice proportions and if it's circa €11,500 even better...

Surely it will be more than that?

img1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

one of the lowest spec cars ever is about to get even lower , roll on 2013 when every bad driver in the country is ploughing around in a 1.5 diesel bog spec dacia

if a single one of them is even ordered with 4wd or in petrol ill eat a hat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Exactly my own thoughts! It will be great to have a bargain brand in the showroom but I do have to say , im a little concerned about what the quality standard will be like. We'll have to wait and see.

You talking about Dacia or Renault dude? ;)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Surely it will be more than that?

img1.jpg

It starts in France at €11500 for a base 1.6 Petrol..

one of the lowest spec cars ever is about to get even lower , roll on 2013 when every bad driver in the country is ploughing around in a 1.5 diesel bog spec dacia

if a single one of them is even ordered with 4wd or in petrol ill eat a hat

In France last year when most manufacturers sales figures were down, Dacias was up 133%(and not from 1 units to 133 before anybody passed a smart one):D

The Duster was the third best selling SUV after the 3008 AND Qashqai.

johnf2020 wrote: »
    In France last year when most manufacturers sales figures were down, Dacias was up 133%(and not from 1 units to 133 before anybody passed a smart one):D

The Duster was the third best selling 2wd fake jeep crossover thing after the 3008 AND Qashqai.

FYP

FYP

FYP????--Pardon my ignorance

FYP????--Pardon my ignorance

fixed your post, i changed it a bit

I read those details in a French Equivalent of Auto Express when I was with the Kids in Disney Paris in March.
    Just found this now

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2011/04/22/france-april-2011-dacia-duster-1-in-weekly-ranking/

It starts in France at €11500 for a base 1.6 Petrol..

VRT and VAT will bump that up a bit over here me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

If I had to guess, it'll start at 15000 here

1 to 133 is an increase of 13200% :)

• Advertisement

The base duster doesn't have:

A radio
    Split folding seats
    Electric Windows
    Electric mirrors
    Side airbags
    Coloured handles, bumpers or mirrors
    Alloys
    Fogs