Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread - Page 121 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-07-2015, 16:58   #1801
RoscommonTom

any word on if evans got the boot, after thinking about it for the few days he might deserve another year, id have taken the fbd and winning division 2 at the start of the year, two trophies is more than Galway or mayo will be winning, if we can stay in division 1 next year itd be mighty
Advertisement
14-07-2015, 18:19   #1802
Fr Tod Umptious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscommonTom View Post
any word on if evans got the boot, after thinking about it for the few days he might deserve another year, id have taken the fbd and winning division 2 at the start of the year, two trophies is more than Galway or mayo will be winning, if we can stay in division 1 next year itd be mighty
That's it RoscommonTom

You tell them !
14-07-2015, 20:46   #1803
naughto

I like the Nestor cup to be honest
Thanks from:
14-07-2015, 21:48   #1804
theoneeyedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscommonTom View Post
FBD..... Jesus wept!
14-07-2015, 23:35   #1805
Always_Running

A FBD title would be seen as low hanging fruit but even so its a number of years since Roscommon won it. Winning another national league title in Croke park was more than expected I'd say as I recall a few rossies claiming they would be happy to just stay up.

The two championship defeats against Fermanagh,Sligo will leave a black mark and will leave supporters wondering where to next. 2016 a defining year I feel how Roscommon respond to those setbacks will be key.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-07-2015, 00:12   #1806
nice_guy80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Running View Post
A FBD title would be seen as low hanging fruit but even so its a number of years since Roscommon won it. Winning another national league title in Croke park was more than expected I'd say as I recall a few rossies claiming they would be happy to just stay up.

The two championship defeats against Fermanagh,Sligo will leave a black mark and will leave supporters wondering where to next. 2016 a defining year I feel how Roscommon respond to those setbacks will be key.
Managers are usually judged on championship performances and wins
15-07-2015, 00:58   #1807
Hulk Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
Where did I say the under 21 winners from two years ago were terrible? That comment related to your underage teams of 5-10 years ago who should be driving your senior team now. Please don't misquote me and if you want to respond, respond to what I actually posted instead of some amended version of what I've posted that you've created in your head.

Your last line is so ironic its untrue. The whole argument is about you saying Fermanagh will have a better chance at All Ireland glory than Galway in 2020. You haven't answered one question or given one reason why you think Fermanagh will be good in 2020, or why you think Galway will be poor in 2020. It was an idiotic comment and you've idiotically tried to back it up with deflection and gibberish
15-07-2015, 22:33   #1808
Comic Book Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_guy80 View Post
Managers are usually judged on championship performances and wins
2 wins over Cavan and a win in London doesn't make great viewing from the 3 years in that context.
22-07-2015, 15:44   #1809
rosknight

Did Club Rossie do their Fundraising draw yet. If memory serves me this draw was supposed to happen last month. Can't see them selling many more tickets now footie is over for the year
Advertisement
22-07-2015, 15:47   #1810
cbb1982

The draw has been postponed several times!!

Evans to go
22-07-2015, 15:50   #1811
rosknight

So what's the bet that another big fundraising event will happen shortly (i.e. races) where we will all be caught to buy and sell tickets so as the Draw can take place in front of all our loyal supporters.....
28-07-2015, 22:58   #1812
jesuisros

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosknight View Post
So what's the bet that another big fundraising event will happen shortly (i.e. races) where we will all be caught to buy and sell tickets so as the Draw can take place in front of all our loyal supporters.....
There's no Evening at the races this year. The Draw is on August 28th according to Twitter
28-07-2015, 23:01   #1813
jesuisros

Any thoughts on how the Hurling Losers Group games will go? I hear Thomas Featherston got injured this evening so he'll be a big loss to Oran if he's not fit for Monday because the Gaels have been doing well, despite losing to Four Roads by 7. Dominics should shade the other game, it previous years it looked as if adult hurling could be in doubt in the Club but they've turned a corner. Losers Group winner plays Pearses in the Co. Semi-Final

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion