Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

Neil is getting paid 600 a week in a tiny cafe and he's looking for a raise...how does yvonne afford it? oh ya sure it's a 5er for a scone. coffee is an extortionate price in there too.

Is all of Carraigstown a building site? Just wondering because Luke, Pete and Damien wear their hi vis jackets everywhere. But they are always clean.

What was with the 3 desks pushed together today too? Were they always like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,494 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So where is Niamh, has she left the smart office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Is Lucy a lesbian stalker?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

I think Sash looks more like Alanna the girl from Tomorrow!!

I nearly wet myself laughing during that scene where neil was reading out the review on the paper, the actions were just hilarious, the wooden movements and hand actions!!

Also very glad there was a small bit of movement on the Lucy story :p

is lucy obessed with the big D is that the hole story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Ah I see the scarves have been brought out to hide Sash's bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

Pete was fantastic last night. He was like Poirot when he revealed all Lucy's lies! Go Pete!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

Pete was fantastic last night. He was like Poirot when he revealed all Lucy's lies! Go Pete!!!

He was more like Columbo - where did the American drawl come out of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Finelli wrote: »
    He was more like Columbo - where did the American drawl come out of?

It reminded me of the part of Father Ted where Ted figures out the Sheep Contest thingy is rigged :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dub XV wrote: »
    It reminded me of the part of Father Ted where Ted figures out the Sheep Contest thingy is rigged :D

well done on getting a Fr. Ted clip that hasn't been removed.

Yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭jos28

is lucy obessed with the big D is that the hole story

My guess is that Lucy was or feels responsible for her Mother's death. She then served some time in psychiatric care. She sees Dolores as a replacement mother figure and has become obsessed with her.

Val spends more time in the Smart Office than Christy's spar shop now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

What height is Blackie Connors, does anyone know? 5'3 ish?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    What height is Blackie Connors, does anyone know? 5'3 ish?

Greyie Connors looks same height as Decco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Loved petes circumstantial evidence display none of it however would be admissable in court. Delores wont believe it until he gets something more concrete on her. His american twang mixed with the country lilt was beautifully contrasting. I rewound it back and fourth many times. Maybe he needs to plant drugs on her and tip deagan off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

That's something I think Lucy might resort to next.
    cloptrop wrote: »
    Loved petes circumstantial evidence display none of it however would be admissable in court. Delores wont believe it until he gets something more concrete on her. His american twang mixed with the country lilt was beautifully contrasting. I rewound it back and fourth many times. Maybe he needs to plant drugs on her and tip deagan off.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

I reckon if Emily wore a wire, and recorded Lucy, that should sort it out. Or maybe Dolores or Wayne could over-hear her? Something dramatic, not the painfully long drawn out drip-feeding that is going on anyway!

I fear for Pete's life now I think Lucy might try and kill him

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

pete wont die he will end up an oldtimer like bella one day . Hes too important a charachter to be let die. The lezzer petes son and maybe steve will be killed off. Did steve ever pass the nct that time?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

cold case wrote: »
    if Emily wore a wire

It'd need to be a bloody big wire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Jame Gumb wrote: »

Explain......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

No!!!! Don't say that! I love Pete :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Given your username,I thought you'd be partial to the fuller figured ladies, all the better to make your new skin from!

Marcusm wrote: »

Given your username,I thought you'd be partial to the fuller figured ladies, all the better to make your new skin from!

It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

jos28 wrote: »
    My guess is that Lucy was or feels responsible for her Mother's death. She then served some time in psychiatric care. She sees Dolores as a replacement mother figure and has become obsessed with her.

Is Lucy's mother dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Even Bob is on to her now...are we going to see a spree of mass killings as RTE tries to cut the wage bill!!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭jos28

deelite wrote: »
    Is Lucy's mother dead?

The official line is that they don't get on, that's why we never see or hear from them. There was a scene on Mother's day when Lucy was acting even more weird than usual. She dialled her Mother's number which went straight to voicemail and Lucy became very emotional. I just think that her Mam is dead and she is having trouble dealing with it. Might give Paddy Power a shout and stick a tenner on this being the outcome ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Even Bob is on to her now...are we going to see a spree of mass killings as RTE tries to cut the wage bill!!!! :P

Lucy would have the perfect opportunity to become Fair City's first serial killer. She could lace the burgers in the Hungry Pig with rat poison ©

I've copyrighted that idea in case a FC writer is reading this ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I keep telling ya's

She's harry malloys love child, back to haunt Deloras!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Did Lucy really receive Jessicas corneas or did she just use that as a way to get close to Dolores.

What happens in carrickstown on mondays fridays and saturdays? They never seem to show it. Id say saturdays in the station are epic .

I wonder whether Lucy is Shelley's (Harry Molloy's bit on the side years ago)? She's too old for her to be Harry's. It was a bit random the way Shelley turned up at the ploughing championships and wa revealed as a former bit on the side for Tommy. Maybe it was a prelude to her coming back as Lucy's Mum? From memory, Shelley and Dolores were close friends.

I wonder whether Lucy is Shelley's (Harry Molloy's bit on the side years ago)? She's too old for her to be Harry's. It was a bit random the way Shelley turned up at the ploughing championships and wa revealed as a former bit on the side for Tommy. Maybe it was a prelude to her coming back as Lucy's Mum? From memory, Shelley and Dolores were close friends.

Was the bird from the ploughing championship not from kilkenny? Just someone the dillons knew?

They bumped into Shelley and Tommy admitted to Jo that he'd had a fling with her.

Random appearance - Why her unless she was coming back as part of a story arc?

cloptrop wrote: »
    What happens in carrickstown on mondays fridays and saturdays? They never seem to show it. Id say saturdays in the station are epic .

Ya Neasa gets on the bar in a bikini for the cocktail show (to get more punters) and Wayne says something inappropriate (thinking he is cool) which annoys Finn. Then Wayne tries to do the throws for the cocktails and makes a bags out of it and the punters leave.

True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

I keep telling ya's

She's harry malloys love child, back to haunt Deloras!

So Wayne is bangin his sister :eek:

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    So Wayne is bangin his sister :eek:

No his sister is banging him...haven't you seen how much a control freak she is??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

As far as I remember, Shelly had an affair with Harry Molloy originally. And she then turns out to have had an affair with Tommy in Kilkenny. So she gets around.

Also the actress who plays Shelly, is now a writer on the show, so she is on set anyway, so maybe that's why they put her in the show again, or maybe she is writing a part for herself!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Napoleon 101

Lucy reminds me of Bette Davis in the movie where she beats up her sister and is mental.Whatever happened to baby jean or whatever it is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

when sash first arrived in her pjs i liked her.... but last wk i changed my mind .... the exchanges between her and petes son are terrible one of the worst acting displays ive seen on fc. are they supposed to be acting coy and flirting...i found it painful to watch ....normally i find the 'bad' acting funny....not this time. the new bloke is just dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Not really getting the whole Lucy thing to be honest, the more they drag it out, the more the writes seem to dig the hole.

What is her purpose?

I noticed the other day, that fair city never shows people on there own like they do in other soaps, doing dodgy stuff.

Like they could do a scene with Lucy and give us a hind of what she is up too?

So she worked in a Topaz, went to a mental home when she was younger. What reason etc..

There's plenty the writers could do with her but are pissing around with stupid story lines which are boring.

Whats with all this dodgy accounting crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Was Fair Sh1tty on last night (Sunday)? My NTL didn't record it if it was... :(

msg11 wrote: »
    Not really getting the whole Lucy thing to be honest, the more they drag it out, the more the writes seem to dig the hole.

What is her purpose?

I noticed the other day, that fair city never shows people on there own like they do in other soaps, doing dodgy stuff.

Like they could do a scene with Lucy and give us a hind of what she is up too?

So she worked in a Topaz, went to a mental home when she was younger. What reason etc..

There's plenty the writers could do with her but are pissing around with stupid story lines which are boring.

Whats with all this dodgy accounting crap?

Thats genius they should do a flashback episode or something like lost where they flash back and foreward. Lucy as a teen crazy burning and looting then flash back to her now schemeig and plotting then build to the big present finale. Itd win loads of them silly awards you never heard of until fair city win them. Itd catapult Pete into the big time. The offers would be flying in for him to play all sorts . Maybe even Steve the barman would get his big break playing batman in the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

sue z wrote: »
    Was Fair Sh1tty on last night (Sunday)? My NTL didn't record it if it was... :(
    No, it's only on Tuesday and Thursday this week.
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2012/0727/txdisruption.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I think Lucy is too old to be Harry's lovechild with Shelley - their affair made it onto Reeling in the Years the other night (I think it was 1999) so that would make Lucy only 12 or 13!
    Glad Pete has an ally in Bob. Hopefully it wont be dragged out too much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Are ya joking? Dragging it out is what Fair City does best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Ah no, Charlottes back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

pookiesboo wrote: »

i think its great shes so jealous of rachel its exactly what she deserves!!!

pookiesboo wrote: »

And Rachel is friends with her again :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement