Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 2 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Home/OnePlus 2/OnePlus 2/

When will I get my invite?

123456→61Next >

RaggyAdministratorStaff Member

Official Oneplus forum

Although the invites roll out is slower than expected, we have been getting a lot of questions regarding when you will receive your invite. Let us try to explain how we work. As mentioned in previous posts [1][2], people who have bought a OnePlus One and are active on the forums will have priority.

This is a behind-the-scenes look at how we distribute the invites. We’ve developed this algorithm that decides how invites are sent out. Basically there are four tiers:
    Tier 1: Participants of OnePlus events (WWYDFT2, pop-up event etc.)Tier 2: Early supporters of the OnePlus One and active forum membersTier 3: Customers who have bought the OnePlus OneTier 4: Reservation ListBased on what tier you are in - our algorithm will assign points based on various factors. Our most fervent supporters will have more points - which means they will get an invite faster than the rest.

For example, if user A bought a OnePlus One a few weeks after the launch, and is active on the forums then user A is in tier 2. Depending on the rank, the user will receive an invite faster than tier 3 or 4.

The ranking within the tiers depends on several factors which favors our early active supporters, such as:
    When the OnePlus One was boughtThe amount of OnePlus One boughtThe time they joined the OnePlus forumsAmount of forum posts that have great engagement and quality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This is getting really frustrating now that we practically have no rough timeline at all on when we'll get invites.

tok9 wrote:
    This is getting really frustrating now that we practically have no rough timeline at all on when we'll get invites.

I'm guessing from the post if u bought a Oneplus one , u skip the invite anyway ...but yeah its mad confusing..
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

English translation:

You have to be a rabid fcuking fanboy who constantly licks our collective arses in order to get an invite!
    And even then, we'll make you beg for it!!!

:pac:

I'm resigned to the fact that there is no chance I'll have this phone before the end of September so I think it's time for me to look elsewhere.

Anyone have a good recommendation on a similar phone with just as good (if not better) of a battery?

I see the Moto X Play is £270 on Amazon and looks pretty good spec wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The moto is good but the last few phones from them had questionable battery life and cameras didn't cut it. I see the moto style is getting the nexus 6 camera sooo... well for me that's not a wonderful thing.

But it has quick/wireless charging and NFC and (for better or worse) a QHD screen to boot.

However, no OIS or laser focus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I tried to buy the Moto X Play but couldn't from Motomaker UK or Germany.

I don't want the stock white/black from Amazon, also £10 off with Motorola UK with a code.

I'd also buy the OP2 but they seem to be unable to dish out Invites which is frustrating. I don't really want to buy the chinese version though.

So I can't buy either phone right now and I've someone waiting on my iPhone 5S. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The reservation list has gone over 4million, OnePlus have posted on Facebook that the invites will start going out to the reservation list in 3 weeks.

J o e wrote: »
    The reservation list has gone over 4million, OnePlus have posted on Facebook that the invites will start going out to the reservation list in 3 weeks.

Unless they really say how many they have available then it's still a guessing game.

I mean do they have 50,000 units ready? More, less? Those 4 million people don't all exist anyway, many are bots people were using to bump themselves up the invite list.

I've been bumped back to 35,000 from my best ranking of 2,500. :( I gave up.

I find it funny that on oneplus forum people are still getting the understanding of the reserve list wrong.
    They made a thread about it, people responded to it and yet those same guys still bang on about the 'place in the list'...

It is the a reserve list only not invite list. Meaning they won't be going near that list until the posting forum members are seen too first. Right now your place on that list matters less than if you're posting on the oneplus forum.

So best bet is to jump into the opo forum and be nice as unless your randomly chosen your in for a long wait if you only used the reserve list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Won an invite on Twitter. Not received it yet. Does anyone know the cost of the 64gb shipped to Ireland?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

What did you do to win the invite? Think it's €400

ktulu123 wrote: »
    What did you do to win the invite? Think it's €400

Thank you :)

MKBHD the YouTube guy gave away 50 invites last night. 25,000 had RT'd last time I checked.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Thank you :)

MKBHD the YouTube guy gave away 50 invites last night. 25,000 had RT'd last time I checked.

International model?

Hope you get a choice there

god's toy wrote: »
    International model?

Hope you get a choice there

I've no idea tbh. Still hasn't sent it out. I use an iPhone 6 plus myself but would love to dip into android.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I've no idea tbh. Still hasn't sent it out. I use an iPhone 6 plus myself but would love to dip into android.

Well done. Great news. If you get a free invite after you make your purchase don't forget us boardsie's :)

I see on this thread (linked below) that you can get sim cards that support
    NFC. Anyone know if they do those type of sim cards over here??

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/nfc-sim-cards-the-solution.328559/

Right guys. 399euro for the 64g + 20 euro for shipping. I guess there will be import duties on this? An additional 91 euro maybe? :(

Right guys. 399euro for the 64g + 20 euro for shipping. I guess there will be import duties on this? An additional 91 euro maybe? :(

Depends where you are buying from? Is its the oneplus website?

• Advertisement

Depends where you are buying from? Is its the oneplus website?

After deeper searching it seems they ship from within the EU. Thanks.

I got an invite this morning , just wondering if anyone else receive one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

bert911 wrote: »

In the words of Monty python "you lucky bastard"

Are you just on the reserve list? What position?

tok9 wrote:
    Are you just on the reserve list? What position?

I signed up on the reserve list on the opening day , can't remember the number I was , but I also have bought 3 opos on my account + accessories for family and friend

I don't think anyone is getting invites on the reserve list. I think people who bought the one last year and are on the forums are getting them first. I got 3 ones last year so would expect an invite. I'm also about 80k on the reserve list.

• Advertisement

I signed up on the reserve list on the opening day , can't remember the number I was , but I also have bought 3 opos on my account + accessories for family and friend

Much the same scenario as me so. Interesting to see how far I am behind you Bert.

I bought a 64 & 16 g in February and another 16g in may , yeah u should get one soon emo ..

I bought a 64 & 16 g in February and another 16g in may , yeah u should get one soon emo ..

Going by that I should already have an invite! 6 opos to my account two covers and a few screen protectors and otg cables. A posting member of the opo forum over a year, posting everyday now... No invite.

god's toy wrote: »
    Going by that I should already have an invite! 6 opos to my account two covers and a few screen protectors and otg cables. A posting member of the opo forum over a year, posting everyday now... No invite.

That is very unfair then. Can't imagine many others having more purchases than that. Maybe send them an email stating that. They use some algorithm to select people. Maybe it over looked you. I think it would be worth an email to them. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Great to see people finally getting one. I am new to join the Opo buzz so I don't expect to get one for a long time. Saying that I would love one being the greedy man that I am. I have to say while I admire them rewarding loyal customers I still think the system could do with a lot of improving. I am 60K on the reservation list. I cannot imagine starting to post on the oneplus forum at this late stage would make a difference to me.

• Advertisement

Tier 1: ..Participants or winners of OnePlus events (WWYDFT2, pop-up events, etc.) ..:(Tier 2: ..Early supporters of the OnePlus One and active forum members..):(Tier 3: ..Customers who have purchased the OnePlus One....):(Tier 4: Reservation ListBased on what tier you are in, our algorithm will assign points based on various factors.).

So I guess its just random algorithm then ... Yet another flaw in this whole invite rollout

They need to speed up the invite system. The moto x style is due to be launched soon and no doubt Apple will talk about their next models soon.

You'll never grow your customer base if you only supply early supporters. You need new customers who, mostly, are patiently waiting to be "allowed" buy their product.

That is very unfair then. Can't imagine many others having more purchases than that. Maybe send them an email stating that. They use some algorithm to select people. Maybe it over looked you. I think it would be worth an email to them. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

I think its just luck of the draw really. I see new members on the opo forum getting invites despite what the admins said how it's going to work. ...So I'm not going to turn it to a 'what about me' rant, when it comes it comes.

Its funny seeing most peeps over there being extra nice in the hopes of getting an invite... must admit, I am too. :rolleyes:

Ordered. Finished up at €434.48 for 64gb, express delivery plus a case.

Now we wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭thomasj

If gsmarena are to be believed, the battery life in all except talk time is worse than the OnePlus one

Here's their OnePlus two battery test
    http://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_2-review-1287p3.php

And their OnePlus one battery test
    http://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_one-review-1101p3.php

Also based on the limitations of the new USB for the OnePlus two(mentioned on the OnePlus two in this snippet. I'm not overly convinced
    The OnePlus Two is among the very first devices to support USB Type-C, though that's not entirely accurate. Type-C is a new reversible connector for USB that builds on top of USB 3.1. The cable supplied with the phone ends on a USB 2.0 reversible plug though.

That's important to note for two reasons. The first one being speed - USB 3.1 Type-C cables can go up to 10Gbps, but the OnePlus 2 is limited to USB 2.0 speeds (480Mbps). The second thing is that Type-C connectors are meant to go on both ends of the cable since the standard allows for functionality to go both ways - that's data transfer and even charging. The new standard also brings built-in video output capabilities and native fast charging, neither of which are available on the OnePlus One.

I'm wondering is that last bit a typo and meant to refer to OnePlus two?

I'm also wondering could this be the reason why Samsung may have decided not to include usb-c in the galaxy note 5 (extract from same gsm arena article from above)
    While there is no doubt that USB Type-C is the future, having the connector at present seems more of a drawback than a feature. As it stands now, it is equivalent of having a proprietary port on your phone, as you can no longer simply use any microUSB cable or charger with your OnePlus 2 without a compatible cable or adapter. It is pretty much what iPhone users have to deal with thanks to the Lightning connector, except right now there is a greater chance finding someone with a Lightning cable than a USB Type-C cable. Until this connector becomes more widespread, you'd have to rely on an adapter. Fortunately, you can buy one from OnePlus for $9.99 or even cheaper online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

thomasj wrote: »
    I'm also wondering could this be the reason why Samsung may have decided not to include usb-c in the galaxy note 5 (extract from same gsm arena article from above)

Thats single most the stupidest reasoning not to adopt a new technology.

The reviewer needs a slap if thats a negative.

listermint wrote:
    Thats single most the stupidest reasoning not to adopt a new technology.

But its a valid point.

Carl pei came out and said that the reason NFC is not in the OP2 is because it won't be used that much this year.

If you use that logic the new USB cable, we are not going to be seeing that more widespread until the OP3. Why not leave that out and give us quickcharge instead? This year it is a non-micro-usb cable and in some cases people have to use adaptors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

thomasj wrote: »
    But its a valid point.

Carl pei came out and said that the reason NFC is not in the OP2 is because it won't be used that much this year.

If you use that logic the new USB cable, we are not going to be seeing that more widespread until the OP3. Why not leave that out and give us quickcharge instead? This year it is a non-micro-usb cable and in some cases people have to use adaptors

The lack of NFC was stupid because its past an emerging technology. Its already out in the wild and i envisage more adoption once samsung and google have their act together.

The Micro USB is brand new, it has to be expected that you would have to use your own cable. To see this new technology that has been agreed by all manufacturers and will be in most new devices over the next 3 years as a draw back is silly and short sighted.

Its not as if you would be an early adopter and all of a sudden the 'new standard' will be pulled. That wont happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

AFAIK nfc would have been very cheap to add and certainly a lot less expensive than a fingerprint scanner which it would have complimented nicely. I'm wondering was it more tricky to add with the new swapstyle covers?

• Advertisement

Seeing how NFC SIM cards are a thing now it could only be a matter of time before we can add it ourselves.

Ordered yesterday. Shipping from London. Due tomorrow. Very impressive so far.

Ordered yesterday. Shipping from London. Due tomorrow. Very impressive so far.

how long did it take to get to you?

emo72 wrote: »
    how long did it take to get to you?

With express delivery it was 2 days after I ordered it I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I had no intention of buying the phone but I talked myself in to it after getting an invite yesterday, keeping an open mind though if I don't like it its getting sold instead of my one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I am happy with the opo, but I got an invite today for the 2. I didn't even sign up for it. Not sure if I should go for it or not. I suppose there is always adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I got in early in the waiting list and still no sign of an invite..

Still debating the merits of buying it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Anyone know of clear covers for either the one or two that would go over the swap style covers? I think most are designed for the orginal cover which is thinner?

I bought the black apricot one but thinking about it now I don't want it getting destroyed, I always use heavy duty covers on my phones but would settle for a simple clear one of it went over the wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Lots of them on aliexpress I've bought loads of stuff on Ali and never had a problem. Free shipping is very slow though - usually around a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

digitaldr wrote: »
    Lots of them on aliexpress I've bought loads of stuff on Ali and never had a problem. Free shipping is very slow though - usually around a month.

Would be quicker if you use Parcel Motel.

Advertisement